- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Recorded At – Syncro Sound
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Mastered At – Sheffield Lab Matrix – △977
- Pressed By – Allied Record Company – B-16240
- Pressed By – Allied Record Company – B-16241
- Published By – Ric Ocasek
- Published By – Oversnare Music
- Design [Cover Design] – David Robinson (3)
- Engineer – Ian Taylor
- Engineer [Assistant - Engineers] – Thom Moore, Walter Turbitt
- Management – Elliot Roberts, Lookout Management, Steve Berkowitz
- Mastered By – George Marino
- Performer – Benjamin Orr, David Robinson (3), Elliot Easton, Greg Hawkes, Ric Ocasek
- Photography By – Clint Clemens
- Producer – Roy Thomas Baker
- Written-By – Greg Hawkes (tracks: B2), Ric Ocasek
Recorded at Syncro Sound Studios, Boston.
Mastered at Sterling Sound, N.Y.
"SLM △" in the runout etching indicates that the lacquer disc was processed at, and the metal parts used to manufacture the record were made at Sheffield Lab Matrix.
All songs published by Ric Ocasek Administered worldwide by Lido Music, Inc. BMI except "This Could Be Love" published by Ric Ocasek / Oversnare Music, Inc. Administered worldwide by Lido Music, Inc. BMI
℗ & © 1981 Elektra/Asylum Records. A Division of Warner Communications, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.
A = Side One, B = Side Two
Printed color inner sleeve includes lyrics.
┼ in runout appears with a dot inside each section of the t shape symbol.
This release features (AR) as part of the matrix # printed on labels.
Another same catalog # US release "Shake It Up" with (SP) matrix/label variation.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side A): 5E-567-A (AR)
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side B): 5E-567-B (AR)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Stamped, Sides A & B): ɑ SLM STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Etched, Side A, Variant 1): △977 B-16240-A2 5E-567-A-SH-2AR RTB-3 ┼ ┼ ┼
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Etched, Side B, Variant 1): △977-X B-16241-B2 5E-567-B-SH-[(crossed out)4AR] 2AR RTB-[(crossed out)4]2 ┼ ┼ ┼
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Etched, Side A, Variant 2): + + △977 B-16240-A3 5E-567-A- SH-3AR RTB-4
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Etched, Side B, Variant 2): + ++++ △977-X B-16241-B2 5E-567-B- SH-4̶A̶R̶ 2AR RTB-4̶ 2
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 86) View All
|5E-567||The Cars||Shake It Up (LP, Album, Club)||Elektra||5E-567||US||1981||Sell This Version|
|CD 567||The Cars||Shake It Up (CD, Album)||Elektra||CD 567||Canada||1983||Sell This Version|
|R1 565270||The Cars||Shake It Up (2xLP, Album, RE, RM, 180)||Rhino Records (2), Elektra||R1 565270||US||2018||Sell This Version|
|603497862719||The Cars||Shake It Up (CD, Album, RE, RM, Exp)||Elektra, Rhino Records (2)||603497862719||Europe||2018||Sell This Version|
|567-2 (252 230)||The Cars||Shake It Up (CD, Album, RP)||Elektra||567-2 (252 230)||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|