Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Famous And Dandy (Like Amos 'N' Andy)
Bass – Charlie Hunter
|3||Television, The Drug Of The Nation||6:36|
|4||Language Of Violence||6:14|
|5||The Winter Of The Long Hot Summer||7:58|
|6||Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury
Vocals [Introduction] – Charlie Hunter
|7||Everyday Life Has Become A Health Risk||4:53|
|8||INS Greencard A-19 191 500||1:35|
|10||Music And Politics||4:01|
|12||California Über Alles
Backing Vocals – Michael FrantiBass – Charlie Hunter
|13||Water Pistol Man
Drums – Simone White
- Record Company – Bertelsmann Music Group
- Distributed By – BMG
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Inc.
- Published By – Beat Nigs Music
- Published By – Island Visual Arts USA
- Recorded At – Komotion International
- Recorded At – Razor's Edge Recording
- Recorded At – Pete Scaturro's Studio
- Mixed At – Razor's Edge Recording
- Edited At – Old West Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Glass Mastered At – Sonopress
- Art Direction – Kim Buie, Mark Heimback-Nielsen, Hiphoprisy*, Victor Hall (2)
- Design – Mark Heimback-Nielsen
- Edited By – Hiphoprisy*
- Engineer – Mark "Spliffer" Pistel* (tracks: 1 to 9, 11, 13), Mat Callahan (tracks: 10), Pete Scatturo* (tracks: 12)
- Engineer [Editing] – John Baker (2)
- Engineer [Postproduction Engineering] – Jeff Mann
- Guitar – Charlie Hunter (tracks: 2, 3, 9 to 13)
- Lyrics By – J. Biafra* (tracks: 12), J. Greenway* (tracks: 12), M. Franti*
- Management – Peter Jenner
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Mixed By – Jack Dangers, Jack Dangers (tracks: 1 to 11, 13), Mark Pistel (tracks: 1 to 11, 13), Hiphoprisy* (tracks: 12)
- Other [Voice Of Reason & Conspirator In Treason] – Mat Callahan
- Performer – Michael Franti
- Performer [Angle Grinder, Tire Rims, Chains, Break Drums, Electronic Springs], Percussion [Sheet Metal], Steel Drums – Rono Tse
- Photography By [Assistant] – Barbara Walker (3), Sean Mathis
- Photography By [Back Cover Background] – Jay Blakesberg
- Photography By [Front Cover & Back Cover Portrait] – Victor Hall (2)
- Programmed By, Arranged By [Musical Arrangements] – Mark Pistel, Michael Franti
- Written-By – Boucher* (tracks: 12), J. Biafra* (tracks: 12), J. Greenway* (tracks: 12), M. Pistel* (tracks: 5, 13), M. Franti*, W. Badarou* (tracks: 5, 13)
4th & B'Way™, an Island Records, Inc. Company
℗ & © 1992 Island Records, Inc.
Distributed by BMG - A Bertelsmann Music Group Company
Printed in Germany.
℗1992 Island Records Inc. except trk 3-5 ℗1991 Island Records Inc.
The copyright (in) this sound recording is owned by Island Records Inc. and is exclusively licensed to Island Records Ltd in the UK.
Made in Germany.
This album is dedicated to Tahan K. Jones, the first African-American conscientious objector from the Iraqi slaughter, and to all others who refused to kill or be killed in the name of the New World Order, and to the infamy of those who did and were.
Track 8 published by Beat Nigs Music (ASCAP), track 13 Beat Nigs Music (ASCAP)/Island Visual Arts USA (BMI)
Track 5 contains a sample from "Ayers Rock Bubbles Eyes", performed by Wally Badarou.
Track 12 contains a sample from "California Über Alles", performed by Dead Kennedys.
Track 13 contains a sample from "Leaving This Place", performed by Wally Badarou.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 007192 628940
- Label Code (On CD): LC 0406
- Label Code (On back cover): LC 0407
- Matrix / Runout: SONOPRESS 262894 A 3
- Distribution Code (D:): 222
- Distribution Code (F:): BM650
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 15) View All
|162-444 043-2, 162 - 444 043 - 2||The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy||Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury (CD, Album)||4th & Broadway, 4th & Broadway||162-444 043-2, 162 - 444 043 - 2||US||1992||Sell This Version|
|BRCD 584, 512 207-2 , BRCD 584, 512 207-2||The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy||Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury (CD, Album, RE)||4th & Broadway, Island Records||BRCD 584, 512 207-2 , BRCD 584, 512 207-2||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|BRLPX 584, 512 207-1||The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy||Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury (LP, Album + 12", S/Sided + Ltd)||4th & Broadway, 4th & Broadway||BRLPX 584, 512 207-1||UK||1992||Sell This Version|
|none||The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy||Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury (13xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||Island Records||none||Unknown|
|BRLPX 584||The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy||Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury (LP, Album)||4th & Broadway||BRLPX 584||UK||1992||Sell This Version|