|1||Another Way To Retire||5:18|
|3||No Crying Shame||3:34|
|4||Still She's Standing||2:33|
|5||Tender Care/Tender Touch||4:09|
|6||Let Me Be Your Man||2:24|
|7||Get Off My Back||4:07|
|8||Bound To Know||3:28|
|10||Going Back To Bed With Betty||4:24|
|11||You Won't Get Hurt||3:36|
- Bass, Backing Vocals – B.J. Laurie*
- Drums, Backing Vocals – Frank Thøgersen (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 12), Klaus Thrane (tracks: 7-10), René Wulff (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 11)
- Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals – Lars Hybel (tracks: 1-6, 11-12), Michael Lee Rasmussen (tracks: 7-10)
- Mastered By – Jon Brændsgaard Toft
- Vocals, Guitar – Nils Maaetoft a.k.a. M.T. Purse*
During the quartet’s five-year heyday, gigs usually ended with the engineer handing the band a cassette recording straight from the soundboard. Recently, band members rediscovered a cardboard box of these uncatalogued and previously unheard tapes with no indication of dates or venues.
Compiled from small club gigs, festival shows and radio sessions, each track epitomizes the energy, urgency and Devil-may-care attitude that defined the Intellectuals. This is straight ahead rock’n’roll from a time when streaming was something blood did in our veins and pedal boards looked stupid on stage.
To celebrate this auspicious anniversary, an even dozen rip-roaring, raw, unedited, live performances have been culled from this long-lost stash for your listening pleasure.
Al Jones, P3, Danmarks Radio, 1978 - 87