Record Store Day - Black Friday 2014 release. Limited edition of 3,000. Includes a 12 page book of liner notes by Leeds and Egon and many unpublished photographs and ephemera.
Originally scheduled for release in July 1971 as King SLP 1126. Produced by James Brown. Engineered by Ron Lenhoff.
- "The Grunt" recorded May 19, 1970 at King Studios, Cincinnati, Ohio
- "I'll Ze" + "When You Feel It Grunt If You Can" recorded June 30, 1970 at Starday Studios, Nashville, Tennessee
- "These Are The J.B.'s" recorded September 9, 1970 at King Studios, Cincinnati, Ohio.
The originally scheduled issue of this album included overdubbed crowd noise. For this issue of the album, the original, undubbed two-track stereo mix was used as source.
"When You Feel It Grunt If You Can" includes portions of
- "Let The Music Take Your Mind", written by Kool & The Gang and Gene Redd Jr.
- "Chicken Strut", written by The Meters
- "Power Of Soul", written by Jimi Hendrix.
Durations might not be accurate since they're taken from the "test press approval form" as printed in the 12-page book coming with this release.
Printed on the back of the sleeve and center labels:
℗ 2014 Universal Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
© 2014 Now-Again Records.
Printed on the book:
(P) 2014 Universal Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
(C) 2014 Universal Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.