Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||And The Gods Made Love|
|A2||Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)|
|A3||Cross Town Traffic|
|B1||Little Miss Strange
Lead Vocals [Uncredited] – Noel Redding
|B2||Long Hot Summer Night|
|B3||Come On (Part I)|
|B5||The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
Backing Vocals [Uncredited] – Cissy Houston, The Sweet InspirationsHarpsichord [Uncredited] – Jimi Hendrix
|C1||Rainy Day, Dream Away|
|C2||1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)|
|C3||Moon, Turn The Tides... Gently, Gently Away|
|D1||Still Raining, Still Dreaming|
|D2||House Burning Down|
|D3||All Along The Watchtower|
|D4||Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)|
- Arranged By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D4)
- Bass – Jack Cassady* (tracks: A4)
- Congas – Larry Faucette (tracks: C1, D1)
- Cover – David King (7)
- Drums – Buddy Miles (tracks: C1, D1)
- Engineer – Eddie Kramer, Gary Kellgren
- Flute – Chris Wood (2) (tracks: C2)
- Horns – Freddie Smith (tracks: C1, D1)
- Organ – Mike Finnegan* (tracks: C1, D1), Stevie Winwood* (tracks: A4)
- Photography By [Cover & Hendrix] – David Montgomery (4)
- Photography By [Mitchell & Redding] – Donald Silverstein
- Piano – Al Kooper (tracks: B2)
- Producer, Directed By – Jimi Hendrix
- Written-By – Dylan* (tracks: D3), King* (tracks: B3), Hendrix* (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D2, D4), Noel Redding (tracks: B1)
• Cover made in Germany and identical Label design to this German release but with:
• Runout data more akin to the British releases e.g. this release.
• Runout Side D: The data string here appears not to feature on any other release in the Discogs database.
Cover spread has gloss laminate applied
Gatefold opens to view a matt finish inner spread. Hendrix portrait on left-hand side (Front cover behind it).
Small sepia images of Redding & Mitchell on right (Back cover behind them), with white tracks/credit text below them.
Plain white paper inner sleeves with poly inserts. No design Patents credited.
This release is auto-coupled as A,D & B,C. So first record (184 183) contains sides A and D, second (184 184) sides B and C.
Defect in matrix stamping on this early issue, altered by hand.
[The #, #8 or #9 indicates scratch-out]
Recorded: Initial tracks at Olympic Studios, London, January 1968. Completed at Record Plant Studios, Studio A, New York, June to August 1968.
Performers, additional to the band, and technical credits added retrospectively. Taken from the authorized Hendrix family trust releases on the Experience Hendrix label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side A): - 184 183 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side D): - 184 183 B
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side B): - 184 184 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side C): - 184 184 B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A - stamped: I, transversaly [##8 - etched]: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 184183 A 61300##8A//1 1 24 I
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B - stamped: G, transversaly [#8 - etched]: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 184183 B 61300#8 B//1 1 G I
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side C - stamped: F, transversaly [#9A# - etched]: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#9A#//1 1 84 184 184 A F
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side D - stamped: I, transversaly [613009 B, #8 - etched]: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 184 184 B 613009 B 6̷1̷3̷0̷0̷#̷8̷ A//1 12 I 8
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Other: Auto-coupled release
Other Versions (5 of 332) View All
|613008/9||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, Whi)||Track Record||613008/9||UK||1968||Sell This Version|
|2612 002||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, RE, Gat)||Polydor||2612 002||Germany||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|26 12 002||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, RE, Gat)||Polydor||26 12 002||Spain||1977||Sell This Version|
|847 233-2||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Polydor (2)||847 233-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|MCASD 10895||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, RE, RM)||MCA Records||MCASD 10895||Canada||1993||Sell This Version|