Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||And The Gods Made Love|
|A2||Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)|
|A3||Cross Town Traffic|
|B1||Little Miss Strange
Lead Vocals [Uncredited] – Noel Redding
|B2||Long Hot Summer Night|
|B5||The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
Backing Vocals [Uncredited] – Cissy Houston, The Sweet InspirationsHarpsichord [Uncredited] – Jimi Hendrix
|C1||Rainy Day, Dream Away|
|C2||1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)|
|C3||Moon, Turn The Tides... Gently, Gently Away|
|D1||Still Raining, Still Dreaming|
|D2||House Burning Down|
|D3||All Along The Watchtower|
|D4||Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)|
- Arranged By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D4)
- Bass – Jack Cassady* (tracks: A4)
- Congas – Larry Faucette (tracks: C1, D1)
- Cover – David King (7)
- Drums – Buddy Miles (tracks: C1, D1)
- Engineer – Eddie Kramer, Gary Kellgren
- Flute – Chris Wood (2) (tracks: C2)
- Horns – Freddie Smith (tracks: C1, D1)
- Organ – Mike Finnegan* (tracks: C1, D1), Stevie Winwood* (tracks: A4)
- Photography By [Cover & Hendrix] – David Montgomery (4)
- Photography By [Mitchell & Redding] – Donald Silverstein
- Piano – Al Kooper (tracks: B2)
- Producer, Directed By – Jimi Hendrix
- Written-By – Dylan* (tracks: D3), Earl King (tracks: B3), Hendrix* (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D2, D4), Noel Redding (tracks: B1)
Cover spread has 'unwrapped/floating' gloss laminate applied, matt print areas left exposed at the two cut edges where the albums insert.
Hendrix portrait on right-hand side (Back cover behind it). Small sepia images of Redding & Mitchell on left (Front cover behind it).
Discs in poly-lined white paper punch-hole sleeves. "Patent no 800513 & 973939" "Made in England" (Without 108)
Produced in auto-coupled sequence Side A/D and B/C :
Disc 1: 613008 Side A; Cat# (613008 A) [inverted over 613008]
Disc 1: 613008 Side D; Cat# (613008 B) [inverted over 613008]
Disc 2: 613009 Side B; Cat# (613009 A) [inverted over 613009]
Disc 2: 613009 Side C; Cat# (613008 B) [inverted over 613009]
Comparison of matrix number with The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland and The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland : defect in matrix stamping on this early issue, altered by hand. Number on side C is different as 613009 B has been added with hand and the machine stamped number is completly scratched except //1 See images.
Comparison layout with label of The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland (Unfortunatly The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland doesn't show image label) :
- Label A and D are similar
- Label B and C are different. The text beginning with "ELECTRIC LADYLAND" is very close to the center. The text seems to have move up. SIDE B and side C are not printed below ST 33 but nearly on left side.
Titles: This UK issue has no suffix to "Come On", "The" is prefixed to "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" and "Cross Town" appears as two words.
Recorded: Initial tracks at Olympic Studios, London, January 1968. Completed at Record Plant Studios, Studio A, New York, June to August 1968.
Performers, additional to the band, and technical credits added retrospectively. Taken from the authorized Hendrix family trust releases on the Experience Hendrix label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300##8 A//1
- Matrix / Runout (Side D: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#8 B//1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#9 A#//1
- Matrix / Runout (Side C: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 613009 B ######## //1
- Other: Auto-coupled release
Other Versions (5 of 313) View All
|613008/9||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, Whi)||Track Record||613008/9||UK||1968||Sell This Version|
|26 12 002||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, RE, Gat)||Polydor||26 12 002||Spain||1977||Sell This Version|
|184 183/84||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Polydor||184 183/84||South Africa||1968||Sell This Version|
|847 233-2||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Polydor (2)||847 233-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|MCASD 10895||The Jimi Hendrix Experience||Electric Ladyland (CD, Album, RE, RM)||MCA Records||MCASD 10895||Canada||1993||Sell This Version|