The Mothers Of Invention*
Vinyl, LP, Single Sided, Etched, Stereo, Mono, 180 gram
All Media, Album, Mispress, Reissue, Remastered
|Absolutely Free (#1 In A Series Of Underground Oratorios)|
|A2a||The Duke Of Prunes||2:13|
|A2c||The Duke Regains His Chops||1:52|
|A3a||Call Any Vegetable||2:15|
|A3b||Invocation & Ritual Dance Of The Young Pumpkin||7:00|
|A3c||Soft-Sell Conclusion & Ending Of Side #1||1:40|
|The M.O.I. American Pageant (#2 In A Series Of Underground Oratorios)|
|B2||Status Back Baby||2:54|
|B3||Uncle Bernie's Farm||2:10|
|B4||Son Of Suzy Creamcheese||1:34|
|B5||Brown Shoes Don't Make It||7:30|
|B6||America Drinks & Goes Home||2:45|
|C1||Absolutely Free Radio Ad #1||1:01|
|C2||Why Don’tcha Do Me Right? (1967 Single - Mono)||2:39|
|C3||Big Leg Emma (1967 Single - Mono)||2:32|
|C4||Absolutely Free Radio Ad #2||1:01|
|C5||“Glutton For Punishment…”||0:24|
|C6||America Drinks (1969 Re-Mix)||1:55|
|C7||Brown Shoes Don’t Make It (1969 Re-Mix)||7:27|
|C8||America Drinks & Goes Home (1969 Re-Mix)||2:42|
- Record Company – Universal International Music B.V.
- Licensed To – Universal Music Enterprises
- Distributed By – Universal Music Distribution
- Manufactured By – Pallas USA
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Zappa Family Trust
- Copyright (c) – Zappa Family Trust
- Pressed By – Pallas – 44696
- Pressed By – Pallas – 44697
- Published By – Munchkin Music
- Recorded At – T.T.G. Studios
- Edited At – MGM Studios NYC
- Remixed At – MGM Studios NYC
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Artwork [Cover Art, Collages], Layout, Liner Notes – Zappa*
- Composed By, Arranged By, Conductor – Frank Zappa
- Engineer [Director Of Engineering] – Val Valentin
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Ami Hadani
- Engineer [Remix] – David Greene
- Lacquer Cut By – BG*
- Layout [Art & Package Restoration] – Michael Mesker
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Musician [The Mothers Today] – Billy Mundi, Bunk Gardner, Don Preston, Frank Zappa, Jim Black*, Jim Sherwood*, Ray Collins, Roy Estrada
- Photography By [Additional] – Barry Feinstein, David Gahr
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Alice Ochs
- Photography By [Others] – Jerry Deiter, Marshal Harmon
- Producer – Frank Zappa (tracks: C1, C4 to C8), Tom Wilson (2) (tracks: A1 to B6, C2, C3)
- Production Manager – Melanie Starks
- Reissue Producer [Produced For Release By] – Ahmet Zappa, Joe Travers
- Remix – Dick Kunc (tracks: C6 to C8)
- Transferred By [96K/24B Digital Transfers] – Joe Travers
All analog mastering from the original 1967 tape at Bernie Grundmand Mastering, Hollywood CA 2017.
Includes "The Complete Libretto" booklet, previously available in 1967 by mail order.
Released in a gatefold cover.
© 1967 ℗ 2017, mmxvii Zappa Family Trust.
Published worldwide Munchkin Music.
This is Official Release #2.
Recorded the week before Thanksgiving, November 1966 in Los Angeles at the Sunset-Highland Studios of T.T.G. Inc.
Edited and re-mixed in New York City at the MGM Studios the following week.
1st disc label has no track titles. They are listed inside the gatefold cover.
2nd disc label has no track titles. They are listed in "The Complete Libretto" booklet.
Side D has laser-etched artwork, no tracks.
This European pressing has a white label attached over the etching on side D.
Furthermore, the page order of the libretto is completely wrong.
Bonus section (Side C):
tracks C1, C4 & C5 © ℗ 2017, previously unreleased
tracks C2 & C3 © 1967 ℗ 1967, 2012, previously released
tracks C6 & C8 © 1967 ℗ 2017, previously unreleased
track C7 © 1967 ℗ 2016, previously released
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 24302 38351 3
- Label Code: LC01846
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): ZR 3835-1-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): ZR 3835-1-B
- Matrix / Runout (Label side C): ZR 3835-1-C
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): FVZ -2017-A HAPPY 50TH WWW.ZAPPA.COM BG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped): -44 696- P.USA
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched): FVZ -2017-B HAPPY 50TH WWW.ZAPPA.COM BG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped): P.USA -44696-
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C, etched): FVZ -2017-C PIGS WWW.ZAPPA.COM BG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C, stamped): P.USA -44697-
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
Other Versions (5 of 68) View All
|V/V6-5013X, V6-5013||The Mothers Of Invention*||Absolutely Free (LP, Album, Gat)||Verve Records, Verve Records||V/V6-5013X, V6-5013||US||1967||Sell This Version|
|RCD 10502||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention*||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention* - Absolutely Free (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Rykodisc||RCD 10502||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|V/V6-5013X-710 006, 710 006||The Mothers Of Invention*||Absolutely Free (LP, Album, Gat)||Verve Records, Verve Records||V/V6-5013X-710 006, 710 006||Germany||1967||Sell This Version|
|0238352||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention*||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention* - Absolutely Free (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Zappa Records||0238352||UK & Europe||2012||Sell This Version|
|RCD 10093||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention*||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention* - Absolutely Free (CD, Album, RM)||Rykodisc||RCD 10093||US||1988||Sell This Version|