Tracklist Hide Credits
Producer – Tom Wilson (2)
|A2||I'm Waiting For The Man||4:37|
|A4||Venus In Furs||5:07|
|A5||Run Run Run||4:18|
|A6||All Tomorrow's Parties||5:55|
|B2||There She Goes Again||2:30|
|B3||I'll Be Your Mirror||2:01|
|B4||The Black Angel's Death Song||3:10|
Written-By – John Cale, Lou Reed, Maureen Tucker*, Sterling Morrison
- Arranged By – The Velvet Underground
- Design [Cover] – Acy R. Lehman*
- Edited By, Mixed By [Remixed] – David Greene, Gene Radice
- Engineer [Director] – Val Valentin
- Engineer [Recording] – Omi Haden*
- Lead Guitar, Guitar [Ostrich], Vocals [Vocal] – Lou Reed
- Painting [Cover Painting Banana] – Andy Warhol
- Percussion – Maureen Tucker*
- Photography By [Color Show Photo] – Hugo (38)
- Photography By [Liner Photos By] – Billy Linich, Nat Finkelstein
- Photography By [Portraits] – Paul Morrissey (2)
- Producer – Andy Warhol (tracks: A2 to B5)
- Rhythm Guitar, Bass Guitar – Sterling Morrison
- Supervised By [Edited And Remixed Under The Supervision Of] – Tom Wilson (2)
- Viola [Electric], Piano, Bass Guitar – John Cale
- Vocals [Chanteuse] – Nico (3)
- Written-By – Lou Reed (tracks: A1 to B3)
East Coast pressing with labels giving "Side 1" and "Side 2" instead of "Side A" and "Side B", 1.25" pressing ring diameter instead deep groove 2.75" pressing ring diameter, credit Reed-Cale-Morrison-Tucker instead L.Reed-J. Cale-S. Morrison-M. Tucker.
"Three Prong Music. All Selections BMI"
"MGM RECORDS - A DIVISION OF METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER, INC. - Made in U.S.A."
Block-shaped 'S' engraved in the deadwax and the label fonts indicate a pressing by MGM Record Manufacturing Division, Bloomfield, New Jersey.
®© Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc./Printed in U.S.A.
The actor Eric Emerson, protagonist of some multimedia films projected behind the group during the EPI, filed a lawsuit against the record label for the non-payment of the rights regarding his image that can be seen upside down on the back cover on this version. So between March and April 1967 the album was suddenly withdrawn from trade and shops. After a few months, the album was redistributed in a few copies with a huge sticker that covered the top of the offending photo and that you can see here The Velvet Underground & Nico (3) - The Velvet Underground & Nico.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched, variant 1 & 2): V5008 side 1 MG 558 Rev
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched, variant 1 & 2): V5008 SIDe 2 MG 559
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamped, variant 1): 15, block-shaped "S"
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout stamped, variant 1): 12, symbol [see photo]
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamped, variant 2): 12, block-shaped "S"
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout stamped, variant 2): 11, symbol [see photo]
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): MG-558
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): MG-559