Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||In Walked Bud||2:55|
Written-By – I. Quebec*
Written-By – I. Sulieman*, I. Quebec*
|B2||Ruby My Dear||3:06|
|B3||April In Paris
Written-By – Y. Harburg*, V. Duke*
|B4||Well, You Needn't||2:57|
|B6||Nice Work If You Can Get It
Written-By – I.Gershwin-G. Gershwin*
|B8||I Mean You||2:43|
|C1||I Should Care
Written-By – A. Stordahl*, P. Weston*, S. Cahn*
|C2||All The Things You Are
Written-By – O. Hammerstein II-J. Kern*
|C4||Mysterioso - Alt. Master||2:43|
|C8||Let's Cool One||4:50|
|D1||Ask Me Now||3:12|
|D2||Straight No Chaser||2:55|
|D3||Four In One||3:27|
|D4||Four In One - Alt. Master||3:28|
|D7||Willow Weep For Me
Written-By – A. Ronell*
- Record Company – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Manufactured By – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Published By – Bar-Thel Music Corp.
- Published By – Blue Horizon Music, Inc.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – Chappell & Co., Inc.
- Published By – Dorsey Brothers Music
- Published By – Music Sales Corp.
- Published By – Hanover Music Corporation
- Published By – Cahn Music Co.
- Published By – T.B. Harms Co.
- Published By – Edwin H. Morris & Co., Inc.
- Published By – Cromwell Music, Inc.
- Published By – Bourne Co.
- Lacquer Cut At – United Artists Studios
- Alto Saxophone – Danny Quebec West (tracks: A5 to A8), Lou Donaldson (tracks: C5 to C8), Sahib Shihab (tracks: A1 to A4, D1 to D7)
- Bass – Al McKibbon (tracks: D1 to D7), Robert Paige* (tracks: A1 to A4), Gene Ramey (tracks: A5 to B6), John Simmons (tracks: B7 to C4), Nelson Boyd (tracks: C5 to C8)
- Design [Album] – Bob Cato
- Drums – Art Blakey (tracks: A1 to B6, D1 to D7), Max Roach (tracks: C5 to C8), Shadow Wilson (tracks: B7 to C4)
- Featuring – Art Blakey, Kenny Dorham, Lou Donaldson, Lucky Thompson, Max Roach, Milt Jackson, Sahib Shihab
- Lacquer Cut By – CH*
- Liner Notes – Ira Gitler
- Photography By – Chuck Stewart
- Piano – Thelonious Monk
- Producer [Original Sessions] – Alfred Lion
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Supervised By [Project Director / Blue Note Re-issue Series] – Charlie Lourie
- Tenor Saxophone – Billy Smith (tracks: A5 to A8), Lucky Thompson (tracks: C5 to C8)
- Trumpet – George Taitt (tracks: A1 to A4), Idrees Sulieman (tracks: A5 to A8), Kenny Dorham (tracks: C5 to C8)
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Milt Jackson (tracks: B7 to C4, D1 to D7)
- Vocals – Kenny Hagood (tracks: C1, C2)
- Written-By – T. Monk* (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B2, B4, B5, B7 to B9, C3, C4, C6 to C8, D1 to D6)
Tracks A1 to A4 recorded on November 21, 1947 in New York.
Tracks A5 to A8 recorded on October 15, 1947 in New York.
Tracks B1 to B6 recorded on October 24, 1947 in New York.
Tracks B7 to C4 recorded on July 2, 1948 in New York.
Tracks C5 to C8 recorded on May 30, 1952 in New York.
Tracks D1 to D7 recorded on July 23, 1951 in New York.
All selections have been previously issued in various forms by Blue Note.
NOTE: This album contains the complete Monk on Blue Note with the exception of his appearance as a sideman on two of his compositions on Sonny Rollins' album (Sonny Rollins - Volume 2). Space did not permit the inclusion of those excellent performances.
©UAMARG, Inc. [front cover]
©℗MCMLXXVI United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc. [back cover]
© 1976 United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc. [inside gatefold]
℗ 1976 United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc. [labels]
All selections Published by Bar-Thel Music Corp. ASCAP except
A7, A8 Published by Blue Horizon Music, Inc. BMI
B3 Published by Warner Bros. Music ASCAP
B6 Published by Chappel & Co., Inc. ASCAP
C1 Dorsey Brothers Music. A Div. of Music Sales Corp.-Hanover Music Corp.-Cahn Music Co. ASCAP
C2 T. B. Harms Co. ASCAP
C5 Edwin H. Morris & Co., Inc.-Cromwell Music, Inc. ASCAP
D7 Published by Bourne Co. ASCAP
catalog numbers: BN-LA579-H2 on the inside gatefold and labels, BN-LA579-H2 -0798 on the jacket spine
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): BN-LA 579-1-(SET2) CH UA
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): BN-LA 579-2-(SET1)(2) CH UA
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, etched): 22 BN-LA 579-3-(SET1) CH UA
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, etched): 22 BN-LA 579-4 (SET2) CH UA
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 5) View All
|R-08693, R-08694||Thelonious Monk||The Complete Genius (2xLP, Comp, Club)||World Record Club, World Record Club||R-08693, R-08694||Australia||1981||Sell This Version|
|LIBLP 1020/21||Thelonious Monk||The Complete Genius (2xLP, Comp)||Liberty Records, Inc.||LIBLP 1020/21||New Zealand||1982||Sell This Version|
|BN-LA579-H2||Thelonious Monk||The Complete Genius (2xLP, Comp, Mono)||Blue Note||BN-LA579-H2||Canada||1976||Sell This Version|
|BND 4032||Thelonious Monk||The Complete Genius (2xLP, Comp)||Blue Note||BND 4032||UK||1976||Sell This Version|
|WU 3871||Thelonious Monk||The Complete Genius (2xLP, Comp, Club)||World Record Club||WU 3871||New Zealand||1981||Sell This Version|