Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||Why Does The Sun Shine? (The Sun Is A Mass Of Incandescent Gas)
Written-By – Hy Zaret, Lou Singer*
Written-By – Forrest Richard Betts*
- Record Company – Elektra Entertainment
- Record Company – Warner Communications Inc.
- Record Company – Time Warner
- Recorded At – Excello Studio
- Mixed At – Excello Studio
- Recorded At – Skyline Studios
- Mixed At – Skyline Studios
- Copyright (c) – Elektra Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Made By – WEA Manufacturing Inc.
- Published By – Argosy Music Corp.
- Published By – Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Published By – F.R. Betts Music Co.
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Accordion, Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Vocals – John Linnell
- Bass – Graham Maby
- Clarinet, Saxophone – Kurt Hoffman
- Design – Megan Montague Cash
- Drums, Glockenspiel – Brian Doherty (4)
- Electric Guitar, Vocals – John Flansburgh
- Mastered By – S.H.*
- Producer – They Might Be Giants
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Patrick Dillett
- Trumpet – Frank London
Side A: Published by Argosy Music Corp. (ASCAP)
Side B: Published by Unichappell Music, Inc. and F.R. Betts Music Co. All rights administered by Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)
Recorded & Mixed at Excello Studio, Brooklyn and Skyline Studios, NYC
Recorded for greater value in Hi-Fi music.
A-side is an educational song from the 1959 LP Tom Glazer & Dottie Evans - Space Songs (From Ballads For The Age Of Science)
B-side originally recorded by the Allman Brothers Band.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7559-64602-7 9
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): ST-E-64602-A-1 1-1 S.H.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): ST-E-64602-B-1 1-1 S.H.
- Matrix / Runout (Sides A & B runouts, stamped [Large S with the R and C in the loops]): SRC MASTERDISC
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (1 of 1) View All
|66272-2||They Might Be Giants||Why Does The Sun Shine? (The Sun Is A Mass Of Incandescent Gas) (CD, Maxi, Dig)||Elektra||66272-2||US||1993||Sell This Version|