Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Lesley FairbairnDrum Programming – TMDR*Guitar – Dave BirchPercussion [Backwards] – Justin Hildreth
Lyrics By – Thomas DolbyMusic By – Thomas Dolby, Tim Kerr (2)
Backing Vocals – James Allen, Judy Evans, Lene Lovich, Les Chappell, Lesley FairbairnVocals [Monks] – Bruce Woolley, Dave Birch, TMDR*
|A4||Europa And The Pirate Twins
Backing Vocals – Les ChappellHarmonica – Andy PartridgePercussion [Electronic] – TMDR*
Brass [Leadline], Flute – Simon LloydDrum Programming – TMDR*Vocals [Shipping Forecast] – John Marsh
|B1||The Wreck Of The Fairchild
Backing Vocals – Bruce WoolleyKalimba – TMDR*Other [Chilean Translations, Distress, Grace] – Guido Orlando
Backing Vocals – Bruce Woolley
Backing Vocals – Akiko YanoMixed By – TMDR*Mixed By, Synthesizer – Daniel Miller
|B4||Cloudburst At Shingle Street
Backing Vocals – James Allen, Judy Evans, Lesley FairbairnVocals [Operatics] – Lene Lovich, Les Chappell
- Published By – Street Music Ltd.
- Published By – Scale Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Lacquer Cut At – Tape One
- Pressed By – EMI Records
- Manufactured By – EMI Records Ltd.
- Record Company – EMI Records Ltd.
- Printed By – Garrod & Lofthouse
- Recorded At – Aosis Studios
- Recorded At – Tapestry Studios
- Recorded At – Advision Studios
- Recorded At – Marcus Recording Studios
- Mixed At – Playground Studio, London
- Mixed At – Tapestry Studios
- Mixed At – Advision Studios
- Mixed At – Marcus Recording Studios
- Backing Vocals – TMDR* (tracks: A1 to A4, B1, B2, B4)
- Bass – Mark Heyward-Chaplin (tracks: A2 to A4, B1, B2, B4)
- Drums – Justin Hildreth (tracks: A2 to A4, B1, B2, B4)
- Engineer – Barry Kingston, Chris Birkett, Chris Stone, Graham Carmichael, Martin Levan, Mike Hedges, Peter Woolliscroft, Tim Hunt, Wally Brill
- Guitar – Kevin Armstrong (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1, B2, B4)
- Lacquer Cut By – BilBo (3)
- Piano – TMDR* (tracks: A1, A3, B1 to B4)
- Producer – Thomas Morgan Dolby Robertson*
- Synthesizer – TMDR* (tracks: A2 to A4, B1, B2)
- Synthesizer [Wave Computer] – TMDR* (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, B3, B4)
- Written-By – Thomas Dolby (tracks: A1, A3 to B4)
Later pressings differ from this one in a variety of ways, but most notably:
First US issue (but second issue overall; on Harvest):
Drops The Wreck Of The Fairchild, but adds Urges and Leipzig which were taken from an early single. Replaces the full-length Airwaves found here with a 7" version, and includes a different version of Radio Silence.
A later US version then dropped Urges and Leipzig and instead added She Blinded Me With Science and One Of Our Submarines. Still later pressings switch off between the long and short versions of She Blinded... and Airwaves, and the rock (long) vs. synth (short) versions of Radio Silence.
This full-length version of The Wreck Of The Fairchild found here is unique to this pressing, which continues the radio frequency tones directly into Airwaves without a break. The version found on the b-side of the Airwaves 7" single fades early making it about 5 seconds shorter.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A): VIP 1001 A - 3U (3U crossed out) 2U BILBO . TAPEONE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B): VIP 1001 B - 3U (3U crossed out) 2U 14 BILBO . TAPEONE 1
- Other (Date sleeve printed, company): TM 8203 GL
Other Versions (5 of 62) View All
|4XT-12271, 4XT 12271||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (Cass, Album, Whi)||Capitol Records, Capitol Records||4XT-12271, 4XT 12271||Canada||1983||Sell This Version|
|EMS-81494||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (LP, Album, Promo)||Venice In Peril Records, EMI||EMS-81494||Japan||1982||Sell This Version|
|ST-12271, ST 12271||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (LP, Album)||Harvest, EMI, Venice In Peril Records, Harvest||ST-12271, ST 12271||Canada||1983||Sell This Version|
|50999 2 67915 2 4, 2679 152||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (CD, Album, RE, RM + DVD-V, NTSC)||EMI, EMI||50999 2 67915 2 4, 2679 152||UK & Europe||2009||Sell This Version|
|ST-12271||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (LP, Album, RP)||Capitol Records||ST-12271||US||1983||Sell This Version|