Tracklist Hide Credits
|3||I Never Talk To Strangers
Featuring [Co-starring] – Bette Midler
|4||Medley: Jack & Neal / California, Here I Come
Written-By [California, Here I Come] – Al Jolson, Buddy G. De Sylva, Joseph MeyerWritten-By [Jack & Neal] – Tom Waits
|5||A Sight For Sore Eyes||4:39|
Clarinet [Solos] – Gene CiprianoLyrics By – Tom WaitsMusic By, Arranged By, Conductor – Bob Alcivar
- Art Direction, Design – Glen Christensen
- Bass – Jim Hughart
- Conductor, Arranged By [Orchestra] – Bob Alcivar
- Drums – Shelly Manne
- Engineer [2nd] – Geoff Howe
- Leader [Orchestra Manager] – Edgar Lustgarten (2), Jim Robak
- Mastered By [Disc Mastering] – Terry Dunavan
- Photography By – George Horrell*
- Piano, Vocals – Tom Waits
- Producer, Engineer [Sound By] – Bones Howe
- Saxophone [Tenor, Solos] – Frank Vicari
- Trumpet [Solos] – Jack Sheldon
- Written-By – Tom Waits (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7 to 9)
A Mr. Bones production.
Every performance on this album was recorded simultaneously with the orchestra in the studio with no overdubbing or multi-tracking; and was mixed directly to the 2-track master tape as it was being performed.
Recorded July 28, August 2, 11, 12, 15, 1977; at Filmways/Heider Recording, Hollywood.
Mastered at Elektra Sound Recorders Los Angeles.
Betty Midler appears courtesy of Atlantic Recording Corporation.
℗© Elektra Entertainment for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States.
Made in Germany.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7559-60618-2 7
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 2 & 3): 755960618-2.4 03/00
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2 & 3): IFPI L011
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 05M8
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 05Z8
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 05R4
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0192
- Other (Distribution Code): EW 835
- Other (Spars Code): AAD
Other Versions (5 of 41) View All
|7E-1117||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (LP, Album, Spe)||Asylum Records||7E-1117||US||1977||Sell This Version|
|ET-81117||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (8-Trk, Album)||Asylum Records||ET-81117||US||1977||Sell This Version|
|1117-2||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (CD, Album, RE)||Elektra||1117-2||US||1990||Sell This Version|
|AS 53068, 7E-1117||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (LP, Album)||Asylum Records, Asylum Records||AS 53068, 7E-1117||Netherlands||1977||Sell This Version|
|K 53 068, 7E-1117||Tom Waits||Foreign Affairs (LP, Album)||Asylum Records, Asylum Records||K 53 068, 7E-1117||Germany||Unknown||Sell This Version|