|A1||I Will Follow||3:37|
|A3||An Cat Dubh||4:46|
|A4||Into The Heart||3:27|
|A5||Out Of Control||4:12|
|B1||Stories For Boys||3:04|
|B3||A Day Without Me||3:12|
|B4||Another Time, Another Place||4:31|
|B5||The Electric Co.||4:47|
|B6.1||Shadows And Tall Trees||4:36|
- Bass – Adam Clayton
- Crew – Amigo O'Herlihy*, John Kennedy (8), Pod (6)
- Design, Layout – Bono, Rapid Exteriors
- Drums – Larry*
- Engineer – Paul Thomas
- Engineer [Assistant] – Kevin Moloney
- Guitar – The Edge
- Management – Paul McGuinness (2)
- Management [Agent Dublin] – Dave Kavanagh*, Road Runner (3)
- Management [Agent London] – Ian Wilson (2), Wasted Talent (4)
- Mastered By – John Dent
- Photography By [Boy] – Hugo McGuinness
- Photography By [U2] – Phil Sheehy
- Producer – Steve Lillywhite
- Tour Manager – Tim Nicholson (2)
- Vocals – Bono
- Written-By – U2
All the first press and promotional copies of the first UK singles "11 O'clock Tick Tock" (05/1980), "A Day Without Me" (08/1980) and "I Will Follow" (10/80) have the rim text on bottom labels that start with "Emi Records Ltd.".
This text was changed to "All Rights of the Producer..." later, supposedly in 1981.
For the above reasons, UK copies of "Boy" with rim text on labels that start with "Emi Records Ltd." are the earliest.
The cover is matt and the heavy cardboard inner, with lyric and pic, has round corners.
This release has a short (approximately 30 seconds) unlisted and uncredited track at the end of the second side after "Shadows and Tall Trees.".
It is a demo of "Fire".
The track is not separated into its own band on the vinyl though it is visibly discernible.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A stamped): ILPS 9646 A - 2 U 5 1 Jonz
- Matrix / Runout (Side B stamped): ILPS 9646 A - 1 U Sound Clinic 10 2
- Matrix / Runout: "Jonz" and " Sound Clinic" are etched
Other Versions (5 of 237) View All
|ILPS 9646||U2||Boy (LP, Album)||Island Records||ILPS 9646||UK||1980||Sell This Version|
|422-842 296-2||U2||Boy (CD, Album, RE)||Island Records||422-842 296-2||US||1990||Sell This Version|
|PHCR-4701||U2||Boy = ボーイ (CD, Album, RE)||Island Records||PHCR-4701||Japan||1993||Sell This Version|
|10.202913.50||U2||Boy (LP, Album)||Island Records, Dacapo||10.202913.50||Portugal||1980||Sell This Version|
|7 90040-4, 90040-4||U2||Boy (Cass, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||7 90040-4, 90040-4||US||1980||Sell This Version|