Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Other Side Of Midnight|
|2||Stay On Top
Written-By – Jackson*
Written By – L. SinclairWritten-By – Daisley*, J. Sinclair*, Kerslake*, Box*, Goalby*
|5||Love Is Blind|
|6||Roll - Overture
Percussion – Frank RicottiRecorded By, Mixed By – Nick RogersWritten-By – Daisley*, Sinclair*, Box*, Goalby*
|8||Rollin' The Rock|
|9||Straight Through The Heart|
|11||Playing For Time (EP Track)|
|12||Searching (Extended Demo)
Mastered By, Mixed By – Robert M CorichWritten-By – Goalby*
|13||The Other Side Of Midnight (Live)|
|14||Lonely Nights (Live)
Mastered By, Mixed By – Robert M CorichWritten-By – Adams*, Vallance*
- Record Company – BMG Japan, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sanctuary Records Group Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Sanctuary Records Group Ltd.
- Produced For – Diamond Cut Productions Ltd.
- Recorded At – The Manor
- Recorded At – Roundhouse Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Manufactured By – BMG Japan, Inc.
- Mastered At – Terrapin Nest
- Mastered At – Red Steel Studio
- Mastered At – Studio 125
- Mastered At – Waves Studio
- Mixed At – Terrapin Nest
- Mixed At – Red Steel Studio
- Mixed At – Studio 125
- Mixed At – Waves Studio
- Art Direction, Photography By [Back Cover Photograph] – Martin Poole
- Bass – Bob Daisley
- Coordinator [Reissue Co-ordination] – Jon Richards, Steve Hammonds
- Design [Re-issue Design] – Rachel Gutek
- Drums – Lee Kerslake
- Engineer – Ashley Howe
- Engineer [Assistant At The Manor] – Keith Nixon
- Engineer [At The Roundhouse] – Nick Rogers
- Guitar, Vocals – Mick Box
- Illustration – Peter Goodfellow
- Keyboards, Vocals – John Sinclair (3)
- Liner Notes – 伊藤政則*
- Management – Neil Warnock
- Photography By [Band Photographs] – Fin Costello
- Producer – Ashley Howe
- Remastered By – Mike Brown (3)
- Remastered By, Reissue Producer, Research [Tape Research], Compiled By [Reissue Compilation], Reissue Producer – Robert M Corich
- Sleeve Notes – Dave Ling
- Vocals – Peter Goalby
Comes in a CD sized papersleeve album replica, with Obi-strip and insert of notes mostly in Japanese (also includes English lyrics).
"First released in the UK in May 1983 on Bronze Records, catalogue number BRONZE BRON 545. First released as a re-mastered CD by Castle in 1997 as ESMCD572 with three bonus tracks. The vinyl version of the album was released worldwide with a single sleeve cover."
The credits in the Japanese booklet are totally wrong. It says that John Sloman was the lead singer on this album (which is wrong), and it also lists credits for the songs "It Ain't Easy" and "Out On The Street", which are not included on this album at all.
Bonus tracks 12, 13, 14 and 15 recovered / mastered and mixed by Robert M Corich at Terrapin Nest, Red Steel Studio and Studio 125 in 1990 and 1992 and Waves Studio, North Miami January 2005.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4988017642016
- Other (Written on the backside of the obi and on the CD): BVCM-37741 (82876-88328-2)
- Rights Society: JASRAC
Other Versions (5 of 47) View All
|BRON 545, 871 988 1||Uriah Heep||Head First (LP, Album)||Bronze, Bronze||BRON 545, 871 988 1||UK||1983||Sell This Version|
|Z 11105||Uriah Heep||Head First (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label (Uriah Heep)||Z 11105||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|VIL-6051||Uriah Heep||Head First (LP, Album, Promo)||Bronze||VIL-6051||Japan||1983||Sell This Version|
|I.205474||Uriah Heep||Head First (LP, Album)||Bronze||I.205474||Spain||1983||Sell This Version|
|ESMCD572, GAS0000572ESM||Uriah Heep||Head First (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Castle Communications, Castle Communications||ESMCD572, GAS0000572ESM||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|