Tracklist Hide Credits
Cello – Mike HurwitzPiano – Peter*
Cornet – Gerry Salisbury
|4||Whatever Would Robert Have Said?||6:07|
|5||Out Of My Book||4:08|
|6||After The Flood||11:29|
|7||Boat Of Million Of Years||3:50|
|8||Refugees (Single Version)||5:24|
- Acoustic Guitar, Lead Vocals – Peter Hammill
- Artwork [Lp Sleeve Design] – Jim Flynn, Van Der Graaf Generator
- Artwork, Design [CD Package Design] – Phil Smee
- Bass, Electric Guitar – Nic Potter
- Drums, Percussion – Guy Evans
- Engineer – Rob Cable*
- Engineer [Analogue To Digital Transfers] – Kathy Bryan
- Organ, Piano, Backing Vocals – Hugh Banton
- Photography By – Ged Grimmel
- Producer [Cd Reissue], Other [Compilation, Project Coordination And Tape Research, Reissue] – Mark Powell
- Producer [Cd Reissue], Other [Compilation, Reissue] – Van Der Graaf Generator
- Producer [Of Tynemouth And Playgrounds] – John Anthony
- Remastered By – Peter Hammill
- Saxophone [Tenor, Alto], Flute, Backing Vocals – David Jackson
- Sleeve [Sleeve Design] – C.C.S. Advertising Associates Ltd.*
- Written-By – Peter Hammill (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 8)
- Written-By [Cello Parts] – Hugh* (tracks: 1)
Recorded at Trident Studios, London, on the 11/12/13/14 December 1969.
Tape Jockeying: Dave and Alan.
Transport: Courtesy of Reg King Transhire (London) Ltd., and Goldie.
Bananas by North End Road Market, SW6.
Liquid sustenance by La Chasse and The Ship.
Papers: MM/NME/Beano/Rizla Red.
Reading matter: Asimov/Donleavy.
The office was Tony/Gail/Margaret/Eve/Terry/Glenn.
Vibes: Sue/Alice/Gordian/Jenny/Michel/Gail/Nick Kaye/Pete/Jim/Mark/Dave/Steve/Chrissy/Angie/Johnny Moke/Sheila/Roger.
Thank you Ruth for the Candle and marbles and Alice for the doughnut...and a jolly good time was.
Dedicated to L. & M., without whom everyone would have been much happier...
All titles done on 8-track, except 6., on 16.
The quote on 6. was from Albert Einstein.
Analogue to digital transfers at Abbey Road Studios, London.
Grateful thanks to Peter Hammill, David Jackson, Hugh Banton and Guy Evans for their much appreciated assistance and co-operation with this CD reissue.
Thanks to Jason Day, Hik Sasaki and Paul Bromby @ Virgin Records, Ian Pickavance & Kathy Bryan @ Abbey Road Studios.
Additional thanks to Cary Anning at Abbey Road Tape Library and Paschal Byrne at The Audio Archiving Company for their invaluable help.
Track 7 (B-Side) and 8 (A-Side) were previously released as the "Refugees" single (Charisma CB 122) in April 1970.
Issued in a standard jewel case with clear tray and sixteen page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 724347 488924
- Barcode (Scanned): 724347488924
- Label Code: LC 3098
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Matrix / Runout: [Universal logo x4] arvato 56040679/00724347488924 21
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LP 73
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0710
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0778
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 073Y
Other Versions (5 of 55) View All
|CAS 1007, CAS.1007||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (LP, Album, Fir)||Charisma, Charisma||CAS 1007, CAS.1007||UK||1970||Sell This Version|
|CHC 5||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (LP, Album, RE)||Charisma, Virgin||CHC 5||Italy||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|CASCD 1007||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (CD, Album)||Virgin||CASCD 1007||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|VJCP-68757||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (CD, Album, Ltd, Promo, RE, RM, Pap)||Virgin, Charisma||VJCP-68757||Japan||2005||Sell This Version|
|CHC 5||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (LP, Album, RE)||Charisma||CHC 5||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|