Tracklist Hide Credits
- Acoustic Guitar, Lead Vocals – Peter Hammill
- Bass Guitar, Guitar – Nic Potter
- Design [Sleeve] – C.C.S. Advertising Assiociates Ltd.*, Jim Flynn (3), Van Der Graaf Generator
- Drums, Percussion – Guy Evans
- Engineer – Rob Cable*
- Organ, Piano, Backing Vocals – Hugh Banton
- Photography By – Ged Grimmel
- Producer – John Anthony
- Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Flute, Backing Vocals – David Jackson
- Written-By – Jackson* (tracks: B2), Peter Hammill
Recorded at Trident Studios, London, on the 11/12/13/14 December 1969.
Tape Jockeying: Dave and Alan.
Transport: Courtesy of Reg King Transhire (London) Ltd., and Goldie.
Bananas by North End Road Market, SW6.
Liquid sustenance by La Chasse and The Ship.
Papers: MM/NME/Beano/Rizla Red.
Reading matter: Asimov/Donleavy.
The office was Tony/Gail/Margaret/Eve/Terry/Glenn.
Vibes: Sue/Alice/Gordian/Jenny/Michel/Gail/Nick Kaye/Pete/Jim/Mark/Dave/Steve/Chrissy/Angie/Johnny Moke/Sheila/Roger.
Thank you Ruth for the Candle and marbles and Alice for the doughnut...and a jolly good time was.
Dedicated to L. & M., without whom everyone would have been much happier...
All titles done on 8-track, except 6., on 16.
The quote on 6. was from Albert Einstein.
Analogue to digital transfers at Abbey Road Studios, London.
Grateful thanks to Peter Hammill, David Jackson, Hugh Banton and Guy Evans for their much appreciated assistance and co-operation with this CD reissue.
Thanks to Jason Day, Hik Sasaki and Paul Bromby @ Virgin Records, Ian Pickavance & Kathy Bryan @ Abbey Road Studios.
Additional thanks to Cary Anning at Abbey Road Tape Library and Paschal Byrne at The Audio Archiving Company for their invaluable help.
Track 7 (B-Side) and 8 (A-Side) were previously released as the "Refugees" single (Charisma CB 122) in April 1970.
Jewel® case with a transparent tray.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 724347 488924
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1-3): www.takt.eu 2100003325525 4748892
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1-3): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI UU067
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 9R96
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 9R106
- Rights Society: bel/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 3098
- Other (UK Distribution Code): CASCDR 1007
Other Versions (5 of 55) View All
|CAS 1007, CAS.1007||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (LP, Album, Fir)||Charisma, Charisma||CAS 1007, CAS.1007||UK||1970||Sell This Version|
|CHC 5||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (LP, Album, RE)||Charisma, Virgin||CHC 5||Italy||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|CASCD 1007||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (CD, Album)||Virgin||CASCD 1007||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|VJCP-68757||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (CD, Album, Ltd, Promo, RE, RM, Pap)||Virgin, Charisma||VJCP-68757||Japan||2005||Sell This Version|
|CHC 5||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other (LP, Album, RE)||Charisma||CHC 5||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|