Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Salt-N-Pepa*||Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing
Backing Vocals – Darlene WaltonEngineer, Mixed By – Andre DebourgKeyboards – Howie RobbinsProducer, Mixed By – Cheryl "Salt" James*Written-By – C. James*
Management – 19 Management Ltd., Simon Fuller (2)Mixed By – Heff Moraes, Stephen LipsonProducer – Annie Lennox, Marius de VriesWritten-By – Gudmundsdottir*, Olafsson*, Benediktsson*, Baldursson*, Jonsson*
|3||–Luscious Jackson||69 Année Erotique
Baritone Guitar, Vocals [Chorus] – Jill CunniffDrums – Kate SchellenbachEngineer, Mixed By – Phil And Joe Nicolo*Guitar – Gabrielle Glaser*Lead Vocals, Keyboards – Vivian TrimbleProducer – The Butcher Bros.*Turntables – Alex Young (7)Written-By – S. Gainsbourg*
|4||–Melissa Etheridge||The Weakness In Me
Producer – James Stroud, Melissa EtheridgeWritten-By – J. Armatrading*
|5||–Andi Oliver||Woman Of The Ghetto
Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Gordon Mack IIIDirected By [Musical Director] – Willie Bruno Jr.*Engineer – Chris BarnettEngineer [Assistant Mix] – Martin CzemborEngineer [Assistant] – Chris HabeckMixed By – Russ Elevado*Mixed By [Remixed By] – Angie Piva*Performer, Backing Vocals – Deborah Lynn Cole*, Sandra SpadyPerformer, Bass – Carl CarterPerformer, Cello – Anita Hill (3)Performer, Drums – Eric AdamsPerformer, Guitar – Eran TabibPerformer, Kalimba, Congas, Djembe – Michael WimberlyPerformer, Saxophone, Flute – Christopher HerbertPerformer, Trombone – Clark GaytonPerformer, Trumpet – Gerald BrazelPerformer, Violin – Carlos BaptisteProducer – Angie StoneWritten-By – Miller*, Shaw*, Evans*
|6||–Vanessa Williams||Open Your Eyes You Can Fly
Backing Vocals – Janice Pendarvis, Ken HicksBass, Vocals – Me'Shell NdegéOcelloCoordinator [Production Coordinator] – Derek Duffey*Engineer, Technician [Technical Advisor], Mixed By – Bill MalinaGuitar, Keyboards, Drum Programming, Synth [Bass] – Nick MorochLoops [Loops & Beats] – Michael Brown (25)Management – Hervey & CompanyMixed By [Assistant] – Carl GlanvillePercussion – Carol SteeleProducer – Vanessa WilliamsProducer, Guitar, Keyboards, Drum Programming, Synth [Bass], Arranged By – Nick MorochProducer, Mixed By – Gerry E. BrownSampler [Drum Samples] – Dexter SimmonsWritten-By – C. Corea*, N. Potter*
|7||–Queen Latifah||Hard Times
Bass – Jack DaleyEngineer – Brandon Harris, Carmine RizzoGuitar – Craig Ross, Paul LivantMixed By – Angela PivaMixed By [Assistant] – "My Favorite Martin" Czembor*Producer – David BellochioWritten-By – A. Darnell*, S. Browder Jr.*
Bass – Sean O'BrienDrums, Percussion – Arthur JohnsonGuitar – Chris BrokawGuitar, Vocals – Thalia ZedekMixed By – John AgnelloRecorded By, Engineer – Carl PlasterViolin – Ed Yazijiah*Written-By – Come (2)
|9||–Patti Smith||Don't Smoke In Bed
Acoustic Bass – Danny Kolton*Engineer [Assistant] – Anthony Gallagher, Grant MohrmanEngineer, Mixed By – Steve "Doc Ching" King*Percussion – Larry FratangeloPiano – Luis RestoProducer – Freddie Brooks (2)Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – David McMurrayTrumpet, Trumpet [Muted], Arranged By [Horns] – Rayse BiggsWritten-By – W. Robinson*
|10||–Sinéad O'Connor||Mna Na H Eireann (Women Of Ireland)
Engineer – Ciaran Byrne*Harp – Noreen O'DonoghueProducer, Harmonium – Phil CoulterViola, Low Whistle – Frank GallagherWritten-By – S. O'Riada*
- Art Direction, Design – Socio X
- Artwork [Tattoo Art] – Andrea Elstin
- Creative Director – Anneliese Estrada
- Executive-Producer – Leigh Blake Sebastian
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Music Consultant [Project Marketing Consultant] – Aaron Walton
- Photography By – Mark Lyon (4)
- Producer [Associate] – Karen B. Song
This album is dedicated to Shirley Divers who lost her fight with breast cancer but, loved by many, she was a real stand-up girl. • All net profits from the sale of this album will go to the Shirley Divers Foundation for women funding women's charities around the world. • Accompanying television special produced by Good Karma Inc. for MTV.
- Track 1: Recorded at Boon Docks Studio. Bed of Nails Music, Inc. (ASCAP)
- Track 2: Annie Lennox appears courtesy of BMG Records.
- Track 3: Recorded at Studio 4, Philadelphia, PA. Luscious Jackson appears courtesy of Grand Royal Records/Capitol Records.
- Track 4: Rondor Music (London) (PRS). All rights admin. by Irving Music, Inc. (BMI). Melissa Etheridge appears courtesy of Island Records
- Track 5: Recorded at Quadrasonic Recording Studios, NYC. Mixed at Battery Studios, NYC. Remixed for INFX Productions at Electric Ladyland, NYC. Chevis Publishing Corp. (BMI).
- Track 6: Recorded at Battery Studios, NYC; The Hit Factory, NYC. Excerpts from the poem "Change" by Dr. Mona Lake Jones courtesy of IMPACT Communications & Dr. Mona Lake Jones. Vanessa Williams appears courtesy of Wing/Mercury Records. Me'Shell NdegéOcello appears courtesy of Maverick Recording Company. MCA Music Publishing, a division of MCA Music Inc. (ASCAP).
- Track 7: Recorded at Marion Recording Studios, NJ & The Record Plant, LA. Mixed for INFX Productions, Mixed at Battery Studios, NYC. Queen Latifah appears courtesy of Motown Record Company. Raineyville Music (BMI).
- Track 8: Recorded at Fort Apache Studio, Cambridge, MA, July 4. Mixed at the Magic Shop, NYC, July 9. Come appears courtesy of Matador Records & Beggar's Banquet Records.
- Track 9: Recorded at 54 Sound. Mixed at Pearl Sound. Patti Smith appears courtesy of Arista Records. MCA Music Publishing, a division of MCA Music Inc. (ASCAP).
- Track 10: Recorded at Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin. Sinéad O'Connor appears courtesy of Chrysalis Records Limited. Chrysalis Songs (BMI).
℗© 1995 Shirley Divers Foundation for Women, Inc. * under license from London Records USA.
Manufactured and marketed by PolyGram Records, Inc., New York, New York.
Levi's - Jeans for Women
Other Versions (5 of 9) View All
|422828674-2||Various||Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing (CD, Comp, Club)||London Records||422828674-2||Canada||1995||Sell This Version|
|828-674-2||Various||Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing (CD, Comp)||London Records||828-674-2||Europe||1995||Sell This Version|
|422 828-674-4||Various||Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing (Cass, Comp, Dol)||London Records||422 828-674-4||US||1995||Sell This Version|
|422-828-674-2||Various||Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing (CD, Comp)||London Records||422-828-674-2||US||1995||Sell This Version|
|828674-4||Various||Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing (Cass, Comp)||London Records||828674-4||Thailand||1995||Sell This Version|