Includes a 64-page booklet all about the history of surfing and the bands contained in the compilation.
Last track on all four CDs has approximately two minutes of ambient surf sounds (waves crashing, etc.) added after music ends.
"Dedicated to the memory of: George Freeth (introduced surfing to California), Rick Griffin (surf cartoonist), Duke Kahanamoku (Hawaiian surfing legend), Don Murray (drummer for the Crossfires and the Turtles), Gary Usher (songwriter and producer), Steve Wahrer (drummer and vocalist for the Trashmen), Dewey Weber (championship surfer), Dennis Wilson (drummer for the Beach Boys) and Ron Wilson (drummer for the Surfaris)." -- booklet
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 081227241827
- Matrix / Runout (Set 1): [SRC Logo] 3 R2 72418-2.1 SRC@@01 M1S1
- Matrix / Runout (Set 2): [SRC Logo] 3 R2 72418-2.2 SRC##01 M1S2
- Matrix / Runout (Set 3): [SRC Logo] 3 R2 72418-2.3 SRC##01 M1S31
- Matrix / Runout (Set 4): [SRC Logo] 3 R2 72418-2.4 SRC@@01 M1S2
- Other (ISBN): 1-56826-695-2