Tracklist Hide Credits
Additional notes and articles by curator and contributors:
1) Original score published by the Soviet State Publishing Company.
2) Performance/broadcast version of "Writings through the Essay: On the Duty of Civil Disobedience".
5) Mixed choir and piano. Composed 1980, performed at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, Cornelius Cardew Memorial Concert, 16 May 1982.
6) Composed 1986-1998, recorded 7 May 1998.
7) Recorded February 1998. Arranged 1990 (Commissioned by Toshiba-EMI Ltd., Japan, for the Eastworld Compact Disc Company "Hyper Beatles 2").
8) Recorded live at Hamburger Bahnhof, Museum für Gegenwart, Belin, and at STEIM in Amsterdam, 1996.
9) Excerpts from the 1998 music theater production: music from the video "Sight/Sound Strings", voice from the video "Rant". Recorded at the Hebbel Theatre, 26 January 1998.
10) Recorded April 1998 in Butzmann's private studio.
12) Recorded June 1998 at Michael Snows home as a reconstruction of a performance at the "Pfeifen im Walde/Whistling in the Dark" festival, International Music Festival, Lucerne, Switzerland, 23 August 1997.
This CD accompanied Volume 8 of the Leonardo Music Journal and was the first release to also be available independently.