Tracklist Hide Credits
- Composed By – Bala Miller (tracks: D3), Fela Ransome Kuti* (tracks: C1), Gaspar Lawal (tracks: F1), Joni Haastrup (tracks: D2), Sunny Ade* (tracks: F2), Larry* (tracks: C3), Lijadu Sisters (tracks: A3), Orlando Julius Ekemode* (tracks: A1), Peter King (tracks: B1), Satch Ayo (tracks: B2), Segun Bucknor (tracks: A2), Shina Williams (tracks: E2), The Funkees (tracks: D1), Tunji Oyelana (tracks: C2), Sir Victor Uwaifo* (tracks: E1)
- Coordinator [Project Co-ordination] – Tinku Bhattacharyya
- Design – Matt Thame
- Mastered By – Duncan Cowell
- Research – Duncan Brooker
- Research [Nigeria 70 Research Team] – Kayode Samuel, Laolu Akins*, Sue Bowerman
- Research [Nigeria 70 Research Team], Coordinator [Project Co-ordination], Liner Notes [Track Notes] – Quinton Scott
- Research [Nigeria 70 Research Team], Liner Notes [Sleeve Notes] – John Armstrong (2)
A1: licensed courtesy of Premier Records ltd.
A2: from Polydor Nigeria 7" single "La La La b/w Poorman No Get Brother" (20686037) licensed courtesy of Premier Records ltd.
A3: from Afrodisia LP "Horizon Unlimited" (DWAPS 2089) (C)1979. recorded at Decca Studios London. African Backing track recorded at L.A.K.
B1: from unreleased "Shango" album tapes. recorded in London circa 1976 (P)Strut licensed courtesy of Peter King, Personnel unknown.
B2: from EMI Nigeria LP "Sahara All Stars Band Jos" (NEMI (LP) 035) licensed courtesy of Ivory Music ltd. Personnel unknown.
C1: from Universal / Barclay CD "Open and Close/ Afrodisiac (549 240-2)(P)1971 FKO. recorded at EMI Studio Abbey Road, London.
C2: from EMI Nigeria LP "Tunji Oyelana & The Benders" (NEMI 0268)(P)1975 EMI Nigeria. licensed courtesy of Ivory Music ltd. Personnel unknown.
C3: from the London 7" single (FL 13361) An Afrodisia Production (P)1972 Decca Record Co ltd. licensed courtesy of Afrodisia ltd.
D1: from the HMV 7" single ' Ogbu Achara b/w Dancing Time" (HNS 1405)licensed courtesy of Ivory Music ltd.
D2: from the Capitol / EMI LP "The Dawn Of Awareness" (ST-11327) (P)1974 EMI Nigeria. licensed courtesy of Ivory Music ltd.
D3: from Afrodisia LP "Bala Miller & The Great Music Pyrameeds Of Afrika" (DWAPS 2081)(P)1979 Afrodisia ltd. licensed courtesy of Afrodisia ltd.
E1: from Phonogram LP "Sasakosa Excitement" (POLP 002) (P)1975 Polydor Nigeria. licensed courtesy of Premier Records ltd.
E2: from Earthworks 12" single (ET 003) (P)1984 Earthworks/ Rough Trade. recorded at Phonodisk. licensed courtesy of Earthworks
F1: from the Cap Records LP "Ajomasé" (CAP 1)(P)1980 CAP Records, licensed courtesy of Cap Records.
F2: from the Sunny Alade LP "Synchro Series" (SALPS 37) (P)1983 Sunny Alade Records ltd. licensed courtesy of Sunny Alade Records.
Mastered at Sound Mastering.
Gatefold Sleeve has inside text/ history notes.
ORIGINAL SLEEVE from "Prince Nico Mbarga And Rocafil Jazz" LP (not credited)
Other Versions (5 of 6) View All
|STRUTCD 013||Various||Nigeria 70 (The Definitive Story of 1970's Funky Lagos) (3xCD, Comp)||Strut||STRUTCD 013||UK||2001||Sell This Version|
|STRUT044CD||Various||Nigeria 70 (The Definitive Story of 1970's Funky Lagos) (2xCD, Comp, RE)||Strut||STRUT044CD||UK||2009||Sell This Version|
|STRUT044LP||Various||Nigeria 70 (The Definitive Story of 1970's Funky Lagos) (3xLP, Comp, RE, RM)||Strut||STRUT044LP||UK||2012||Sell This Version|
|STRUT044CD||Various||Nigeria 70 (The Definitive Story of 1970's Funky Lagos) (2xCD, Comp, Promo, RE, RM)||Strut||STRUT044CD||US||2009||Sell This Version|
|STRUT044LP, STRUT044CD||Various||Nigeria 70 (The Definitive Story of 1970's Funky Lagos) (3xLP, Comp, Ltd, RE, RM, 180 + 3xCD, Comp, RE, RM)||Strut, Strut||STRUT044LP, STRUT044CD||UK||2012||Sell This Version|