Tracklist Hide Credits
- Artwork [Cover] – Vern White
- Artwork [Logo Design] – Stacy Sidener
- Compilation Producer – Jeff Gilbert (2), Willie Mackay
- Engineer [Sequence And Eq] – Tom Hall
- Executive-Producer – Jeff Gilbert (2), Willie Mackay
- Liner Notes [Inside] – Glen Boyd
- Mastered By – Ron Luder*
- Other [Album Title] – Brett Miller
- Other [Inspiration By] – Diane Harris, Kim Harris
- Other [Stage Manager, Open Fire] – John Stocks
- Photography By [Bondage Boys] – Craig Holt (2)
- Photography By [Koda Khan] – Greg Cass
- Photography By [Lipstick] – Patricia Ridenour
- Photography By [Metal Church] – Randy Butler (2)
- Photography By [Open Fire] – Lynn DeBon
- Photography By [Overlord] – Julianne Anderson*
- Photography By [Rottweiler] – Mike Crisman
- Photography By [Sato, Mace] – Ashly Bexten
- Photography By [Strike] – Saulis Pempe*
Tracks 1 & 7 recorded at Triad Studios.
Tracks 2 & 6 recorded at DNA Studios.
Track 8 recorded at Steve Lawson Productions.
Track 10 recorded at Woodmont Beach Studio.
Mastered by Ron Luder at Mastering Lab.
Sequence and EQ by Tom Hall at Triad Studios.
Also available on cassette.
Track 4 printed as 'Marching Sacrifice' on the center label.
"For about twenty-five years now, the Northwest corner of America has been quietly building a musical legacy. It is a legacy that has given the rock world such talent as The Sonics, The Wailers, and the great Jimi Hendrix.
But until recently, the Northwest had become very quiet, or so it seemed.
As the rock world turned its ears to an endless series of trends, an explosion was underway.
Centered in underage venues like the renovated Lake Hills Roller Rink on Bellevue's East side, the mid-seventies were producing a new generation of Northwest Metal.
That's right...Metal. But not of the cumbersome dinosaur variety. These bands were loud, aggressive, and young, most in their teens. The earliest, and most important, Rail, have already gone on to an MTV Basement Tapes triumph and an EMI recording contract. But this scene has also produced such internationally recognized Metal talent as Queensryche, Culprit and Randy Hansen.
But it doesn't stop there. These recordings represent the latest wave of this on-going "NORTHWEST METALFEST". The bands are young, musically ambitious units forging new directions in what was once known called the "limited" Metal genre.
So, sit back and crank it up. We can't keep this quiet forever.
- Glen Boyd
Seattle Music Critic
Other Versions (3 of 3) View All
|SH 0019||Various||Northwest Metalfest (LP, Comp)||Steamhammer||SH 0019||Germany||1984||Sell This Version|
|GZC 001||Various||Northwest Metalfest (Cass, Comp)||Ground Zero Records (2)||GZC 001||US||1984||Sell This Version|
|SPV 60-7580||Various||Northwest Metalfest (CD, Album, Comp)||Steamhammer||SPV 60-7580||Germany||1988||Sell This Version|