Tracklist Hide Credits
|Narrated By Grant Wakefield||77:37|
|Part One // Plans|
|1-01||–Michael Stearns||From The Cradle...
Recorded By [Ambient] – Grant Wakefield, Michael Stearns, Peter Michael SullivanWritten-By, Performer, Producer – Michael Stearns
Written-By, Performer, Producer – Ashra, Ulbrich*, Gottsching*
|1-03||–The Higher Intelligence Agency||Lines In The Sand
Written-By, Performer, Producer – Bird*, Higher Intelligence Agency*
|1-04||–Soma||Get Thee Behind Me||4:57|
|1-05||–Orbital||Counting On New Friends
Producer [Additional] – BNG Productions*Remix [The Box Re-Mixed] – Bump 'n' Grind*Written-By [The Box (Equilibrium Found Mix)], Producer [The Box (Equilibrium Found Mix)] – P. & P. Hartnoll*
|Part Two // The Fire Comes|
|1-06||–Pan Sonic||The Whore Of Babylon||5:10|
|1-07||–Barbed||We're Doing Well Now||7:05|
|1-08||–Speedy J And Kait Gray||Nails In The Wall
Effects [Vocal Effects] – Kait GrayEngineer [Processed], Mixed By – Grant WakefieldRecorded By, Producer – Roger Bolton (5)Written-By, Performer, Producer – Paap*, Speedy J
|1-09||–Aphex Twin||Say Hello To Allah
Edited By [Re-Edit], Mixed By [Additional] – Grant WakefieldRemix, Producer [Additional] – Black Lung, David Thrussell, Francois Tetaz*Written-By [Come To Daddy], Producer [Come To Daddy] – Richard D. James
|Part Three // One Nation Under A Siege|
|1-10||–Speedy J, Bass Communion, HIA*||Church Bells
Featuring [Speaker] – Ramsey ClarkMixed By – Grant WakefieldRecorded By [Oil Fire] – Alton WalpoleWritten-By, Performer, Producer – Bass Communion, Bird*, Wilson*, Higher Intelligence Agency*
|1-11||–Naseer Shamma And Bass Communion||No News Is Good News
Oud [Improvisations] – Naseer ShammaRecorded By, Engineer [Processed], Mixed By, Producer, Music By [Additional] – Bass Communion, Wilson*
|1-12||–Bola||Dog In America||9:07|
|1-13||–AMBA||…To The Grave
Edited By [Re-Edit] – Grant WakefieldWritten-By, Performer, Producer – Amba, Middleton*
|2-01||–Michael Stearns||From The Cradle…||3:47|
|2-02||–The Higher Intelligence Agency||Lines In The Sand||5:40|
|2-03||–Soma||Get Thee Behind Me||5:22|
|2-04||–Orbital||The Box (Equilibrium Found Mix)
Remix – Bump 'n' Grind*
|2-05||–Naseer Shamma||Oud Improvisation||7:11|
|2-06||–Barbed||We're Doing Well Now||6:51|
|2-07||–Kait Gray||Nails In The Wall (Vocal Track)||2:28|
|2-08||–Aphex Twin||Come To Daddy (Re-mixed By Black Lung)
Remix – Black Lung
|2-09||–Unknown Artist||Call To Prayer
Recorded By, Producer [Processed] – Grant Wakefield
|2-10||–Higher Intelligence Agency*||Conoid Tones (Excerpt)||6:54|
|2-11||–Naseer Shamma And Bass Communion||No News Is Good News||8:22|
|2-12||–Bola||Dog In America||10:16|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – GPO
- Copyright (c) – Adasam Ltd.
- Mixed At – Strongroom
- Mastered At – Serendipity
- Glass Mastered At – Universal M & L, UK
- Published By – Earth Turtle Music
- Published By – Festival Music Publishing
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing
- Published By – Sony Music Publishing
- Published By – My Ears! My Ears!
- Published By – Mute Song Ltd.
- Published By – Speedy J Music
- Published By – Strictly Confidential (2)
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Published By – Universal Island Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – London Records 90 Ltd.
- Licensed From – Headphone
- Licensed From – Warner Strategic Marketing
- Recorded At – Earthling Studio
- Recorded At – Elder Manor
- Recorded At – Bespoke-Audio Studios
- Produced At – Bespoke-Audio Studios
- Produced At – Moose Mastering
- Produced At – The Intergalactic Nudist Ranch
- Remixed At – Moose Mastering
- Remixed At – The Intergalactic Nudist Ranch
- Concept By [Conceived], Edited By, Producer, Directed By – Grant Wakefield
- Design [Cover] – Carl Glover (4)
- Mastered By – Chris Thorpe
- Mixed By [Assistant, Final Mix] – Patrick McGovern
- Mixed By [Final Mix] – Dave Pemberton
- Mixed By [Pre-mix] – Grant Wakefield, Matthew Williams (5)
- Narrator – Grant Wakefield (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Narrator [Additional] – Alison Sterling
- Photography By – Dr. Beatrice Boctor*, Chris Kornkven, Deryk Houston, Professor Siegwart-Horst Gunther*, Karen Robinson (2), Nabil Al Jorani
- Recorded By [Additional Field Recordings] – Grant Wakefield
- Recorded By [Field Recordings And Samples] – Karen Boswall
- Written-By, Research – Grant Wakefield, Miriam Ryle
"The Fire This Time" is an audiodocumentary about the 1990-91 Gulf War on Iraq.
In April 1999 Grant Wakefield and Miriam Ryle travelled to Iraq intending to update Ryle's 1994 documentary "Voices From Iraq." They shot footage of the life in and around Baghdad, and filmed several interviews (including one with the United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq, Hans Von Sponeck). On their return they offered the unedited footage to BBC and Channel 4. It was refused. Upon this, Grant Wakefield searched for another way to share the collected material with the public and decided to make an audio CD. The documentary tells the story of Iraq, and its appointed role in the geopolitics of the West, from the colonial times at the beginning of the 20th century, till the period of the embargo at the end of the nineties.
The audio project consists of two CDs. The first CD is the actual audiodocumentary. The story is narrated by Grant Wakefield, and complimented by a collage of samples from the collected footage, interviews, newsbroadcasts, and official (government and military) statements. The music was provided by various electronical artists, and Grant Wakefield mixed his narrative over it. The second CD is the instrumental version of the songs used for the first disc. Almost all songs are previously unreleased (the exeptions are listed below).
1-01/2-01: Originally released on Michael Stearns - The Storm
1-02: Originally appeared as "Six Voices" on "Walkin the Desert" (1989)
1-03: Recorded at Earthling Studios and Elder Manor
1-05: "The Box (Equilibrium Found Mix)". Original version of "The Box" appeared on the album "In Sides" (2001, Sony).
1-06: Originally appeared as "Uranokemia" on "Osasto e.p." (1996, Blast First)
1-08: Original version of "Terre Zippy" appeared on the album "A Shocking Hobby" (2000, Novamute). Recorded and produced at Bespoke-Audio Studios
1-09: Original version of "Come To Daddy" appeared on the "Come To Daddy" e.p. (1997, Warp)
1-10: Samples and loops from "Conoid Tones" by The Higher Intelligence Agency. Samples and loops from "Sickness" by Bass Communion. Samples and loops from "Manhasset" by Speedy J from "A Shocking Hobby" (2000, Novamute).
1-13: Original version 'Black Mountains'. Recorded in Zero Gravity
2-09: Recorded in Baghdad.
Mixed (Final mix) at The Strongroom.
Mastered at Serendipity.
℗ 2002 GPO. © 2002 Adasam Ltd. Made in England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5023693901121
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): HI-ART11/1 01 6
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1 & CD2, Moulded Inner ring. ): MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M & L
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI L136
- Mould SID Code (CD1, Variant 1): IFPI 04F5
- Mould SID Code (CD1, Variant 2): IFPI 04F6
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): HI-ART11/2 01 6
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI L136
- Mould SID Code (CD2, Variant 1): IFPI 04F4
- Mould SID Code (CD2, Variant 2): IFPI 04F5
- Rights Society: BMI