Tracklist Hide Credits
- A&R [A&R Production Coordination] – Crystal Chambers
- Art Direction, Design – David Irvin, Jin Kul Kim
- Compilation Producer – Harry Weinger
- Compilation Producer [Project Assistance] – Catherine Ladis
- Coordinator [Creative Services Coordination] – Michelle Piza
- Executive-Producer – Fred Hammond, Joe Talley, Oscar Fields, Victoria Keough
- Liner Notes [Essay By] – Harry Weinger
- Mastered By [Digitally Remastered] – Kevin Reeves
- Other [Essay By] – Adam White
- Photography [Additional Photos] – Michael Smith, Wan Sub Lee
This compilation ©(p) 1998 Motown Record Company, L.P., a Polygram Company
Digitally Remastered using 96k/24-Bit technology at Polygram Studios
Photographs courtesy of the Motown Archives
All performances previously unreleased except tracks 5, 17 and 19 as noted.
All songs originally recorded at Motown Studios, 2648 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI. except tracks 5 and 19 as noted.
All songs are original Hitsville U.S.A. mixes transferred from the original Detroit analog reels, except track 5, mixed by Roger Nichols, at Sound Works West, West Hollywood, CA. 1990.
All songs are mono except tracks 2, 5, 6, 14 and 19.
Note: Hip-O Select released the Limited Edition double-CD "Motown Sings Motown Treasures Volumes 1 & 2" (Hip-O Select B0003619-02) in early 2005 (2005-01-12), adding an additional two dozen tracks. The double-CD release includes all the tracks listed in this release.