Tracklist Hide Credits
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records, Inc.
- Published By – Bizarre Music Inc.
- Published By – Beefheart Music
- Published By – Third Story Music, Inc.
- Published By – Barmpatomph Musik
- Published By – Frank Zappa Music
- Record Company – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
This Frank Zappa-oriented 'Zapped' release is the 6th issue in the series, a compilation geared to promoting both the artists 'signed' to Zappa and the two labels, Straight and Bizarre Records, which Zappa co-founded with Herb Cohen. (These two labels were manufactured and distributed for Reprise Records by Warner Bros. Records from mid 1969 [Previously 7Arts]).
The black & white cover of this PRO 368 release has a portrait of Zappa and the title is "Zapped" without an accent over the 'e' (as on a subsequent/similar PRO 368 release with a 'collage' cover & Reprise label). This record's label is pale blue with a dark blue 'Bizarre' text.
Issues did occasionally appear later in retail outlets, particularly in Australia.
Track sources on this compilation:
A1: From the 1969 Straight label album "Pretties For You" (STS 1051)
A2 & B2: From the 1969 Straight label double album "Trout Mask Replica" (2-STS 1053)
A3: From the 1969 Straight label album "Farewell Aldebaran" (STS 1052).
A4: From the 1969 Straight label album "Blue Afternoon" (STS 1060).
A5: From the Bizarre/Reprise album "An Evening with Wild Man Fischer" (RS 6332 & 2XS 6332)
A6: From the 1970 Straight label album "Easy Action" (STS 1061)
A7: From the 1969 Straight label album "Penrod" (STS 1058).
A8: From the 1969 Straight label album "A Most Immaculately Hip Aristocrat" (STS 1054).
B1: From the 1969 Straight label album "Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up" (STS 1057).
Recorded at Whitney Studios, Glendale 1969.
Zappa performed on this & produced under the pseudonym LaMarr Bruister.
Not the Zappa version on Joe's Garage Act I. (1979)
B3: From the 1969 Bizarre/Reprise label album "Burnt Weeny Sandwich" (RS 6370)
B4: From the 1969 Straight label album "Permanent Damage" (STS 1059).
Also released as a single "Circular Circulation" b/w "Mercy's Tune" (ST 104).
B5: From the 1969 Bizarre/Reprise label album "Hot Rats" (RS 6356)
Some of the above albums were subsequently released on other labels, bearing respective catalog numbers for those labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Label): 31,047RE1
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Label): 31,048RE1
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout Etching): 31047 RE1 PRO368 A 1-B
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout Etching): 31048 RE1 PRO368 B 1-B
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side runout etching [variant 1]): 31047 RE1 PRO 368 1-A A11
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side runout etching [variant 1]): 31048 RE1 PRO 368 1-B E
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All
|RS 5270||Various||Zapped (LP, Comp)||Warner Bros. Records, Bizarre Records, Straight, Reprise Records||RS 5270||Australia||1972||Sell This Version|
|PRO 368||Various||Zapped (LP, Comp, Smplr)||Bizarre Records||PRO 368||US||1970||Sell This Version|
|PRO 368||Various||Zapped (LP, Comp, Smplr)||Warner Bros. Records, Bizarre Records, Straight||PRO 368||US||1970||Sell This Version|
|PRO 368||Various||Zappéd (LP, Comp, Smplr)||Bizarre Records, Reprise Records||PRO 368||US||1970||Sell This Version|