Vaughan Williams*, Helen Watts, Margaret Price, Norma Burrowes, Benjamin Luxon, Ambrosian Singers*, Orchestra Nova Of London, Meredith Davies, London Madrigal Singers, Christopher Bishop – Riders To The Sea / Folk Song Arrangements
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||Riders To The Sea
Baritone Vocals [Bartley] – Benjamin LuxonChorus – Women's Voices Of The Ambrosian Singers*Conductor – Meredith DaviesContralto Vocals – Gloria JenningsContralto Vocals [Maurya] – Helen WattsLibretto By – J.M. Synge*Orchestra – Orchestra Nova Of LondonSoprano Vocals – Valerie HillSoprano Vocals [A Woman] – Pauline StevensSoprano Vocals [Cathleen] – Margaret PriceSoprano Vocals [Nora] – Norma Burrowes
|Folk Song Arrangements
Chorus – London Madrigal SingersConductor – Christopher Bishop
|B1||Bushes And Briars|
Tenor Vocals – Ian Partridge
|B5||Ward, The Pirate|
|B6||Ca' The Yowes
Tenor Vocals – Ian Partridge
|B7||The Unquiet Grave|
|B8||The Seeds Of Love
Bass Vocals – Geoffrey Shaw
|B9||Early In The Spring|
|B10||The Turtle Dove
Bass Vocals – Christopher Keyte
|B11||An Acre Of Land
Soprano Vocals – Susan Longfield
- Manufactured By – EMI Records Ltd.
- Printed By – Garrod & Lofthouse
- Printed By – Sawtells Of Sherborne Limited
- Made By – Garrod & Lofthouse
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Published By – Oxford University Press
- Published By – Stainer & Bell Ltd.
- Published By – Novello & Co. Ltd.
- Published By – J. Curwen & Sons Ltd.
- Composed By – Vaughan Williams*
- Engineer [Balance Engineer] – Robert Gooch (tracks: A), Stuart Eltham (tracks: B1 to B11)
- Painting [Front Cover: 'Queen Maeve Walked Upon This Strand'] – Jack Yeats
- Producer – Brian B. Culverhouse* (tracks: B1 to B11), Christopher Bishop (tracks: A)
- Sleeve Notes [Folk Song Arrangements] – Ursula Vaughan Williams
- Sleeve Notes [Riders To The Sea] – Michael Kennedy (4)
- White edged label with white centre strip / Green semicircle design top and bottom / Black text
- EMI / HMV Nipper logo / White HMV Greensleeve logo at top
- Catalog and Matrix numbers at 3 o'clock
- Track, performer and publisher details etc. at 6 o'clock
- Side A: "℗ 1971 Original sound recording made by EMI Records Ltd. This compilation ℗ 1983 by EMI Records Ltd."
- Side B: "℗ 1970 Original sound recording made by EMI Records Ltd. This compilation ℗ 1983 by EMI Records Ltd."
- "MANUFACTURED IN THE UK BY EMI RECORDS LIMITED" around circumference at 5 o'clock
- Rights Society: MCPS (tracks B1, B2, B7, B8)
- Publisher: Oxford University Press (tracks A, B3, B4, B9, B11)
- Publisher: Novello & Co.Ltd. (tracks B1, B7, B8)
- Publisher: Stainer & Bell Ltd. (track B2)
- Publisher: J. Curwen & Sons Ltd. (tracks B5, B6, B10)
- No lamination
- No flipbacks
- Riders to the Sea:
--- "℗ 1971 Original sound recording mad [sic] by EMI Records Ltd."
--- Sleeve Notes "© Michael Kennedy, 1971"
- Folk Songs:
--- "℗ 1970 Original sound recording made by EMI Records Ltd."
--- Sleeve Notes "© Ursula Vaughan Williams, 1970"
- "This compilation ℗ 1983 by EMI Records Ltd. Mastered at Abbey Road Studios, London. © 1983 EMI Records Ltd."
- "Sleeve printed and made in Great Britain"
- 4 pages (full-size) containing complete vocal texts
- Printed by Sawtells of Sherborne Limited, Dorset
- "Printed in Great Britain"
"Riders from The Sea" originally released on His Master's Voice ASD 2699
"Folk Song Arrangements" originally released on His Master's Voice HQS 1215
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099917 829915
- Barcode (Scanned): 5099917829915
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout, stamped): 1782991 A - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout, stamped): 1782991 B - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): 1782991.A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): 1782991.B
- Rights Society: MCPS
- Other (Sleeve Printing Code (August 1983)): 8308
- Other (Sleeve Printing Code): RWG