Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||At Least That's What You Said
Bass – John StirrattDrums – Glenn KotchePiano – Leroy BachPiano [End Piano] – Jim O'RourkeSynthesizer – Mikael JorgensenVocals, Electric Guitar – Jeff Tweedy
|A2||Hell Is Chrome||4:33|
|B1||Muzzle Of Bees||4:51|
Bass, Lead Guitar [Electric Lead Guitar] – O'Rourke*Drums – Kotche*Dulcimer [Hammer Dulcimer] – Frankie MontuoroRhythm Guitar [Electric Rhythm Guitar], Backing Vocals – Stirratt*Viola – Karen WaltuchVocals – Tweedy*
|C2||Company In My Back||3:42|
|C3||I'm A Wheel||2:33|
|D1||Less Than You Think
Acoustic Guitar, Loops, Effects [Filters], Synth – Stirratt*, Bach*Drums, Dulcimer [Hammered Dulcimer], Loops, Effects [Filters], Synth – Kotche*Loops, Effects [Filters], Synth – O'Rourke*Synthesizer [Serge Modular Synthesizer] – Jorgensen*Vocals, Acoustic Bass [6 String Acoustic Bass], Loops, Effects [Filters], Synth – Tweedy*
|D2||The Late Greats||2:30|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Manufactured By – Rhino Vinyl
- Marketed By – Rhino Vinyl
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Recorded At – Sear Sound
- Recorded At – Soma Electronic Music Studios
- Mixed At – Sear Sound
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Published By – Words Ampersand Music
- Published By – Poeyfarre Songs
- Published By – Pear Blossom Music
- Published By – Jorgenstormusic
- Published By – Field Code Music
- Published By – Chaoticgoodmusic
- Published By – Come Here With That Music
- Published By – Bug Music
- Designed At – PictureBox Inc.
- Booking – Bob Gold (3), Frank Riley (2)
- Design – Peter Buchanan-Smith*
- Design [With] – Dan Nadel
- Engineer – Chris Shaw, Mikael Jorgensen (tracks: C2 to D1)
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Jim O'Rourke
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – T.J. Doherty
- Engineer [Assistant] – Tim Iseler (tracks: C2 to D1)
- Illustration [All Drawings] – Gladys Nilsson
- Legal – Joseph L. Grier*
- Management – Tony Margherita
- Mastered By – Steve Rooke
- Mastered By [Vinyl] – Kevin Gray
- Mixed By – Jim O'Rourke
- Other [Digital Oversight] – Ken Waagner
- Other [U.S. Press] – Deb Bernardini
- Photography By – Michael Schmelling, Peter Buchanan-Smith*
- Producer – Jim O'Rourke, Wilco
- Technician [Technical/Production Assistance] – Daniel Herbst, Deborah Johnson (5), Frankie Montuoro, Haydn Johnston, Jason Tobias, Matt Zivich, Stan Doty
- Written-By – Girard* (tracks: C4), Kotche* (tracks: C1, D1), Jeff Tweedy, O'Rourke* (tracks: D1), Stirratt* (tracks: D1), Bach* (tracks: D1), Jorgensen* (tracks: A2, C4, D1)
℗ & © 2004 Nonesuch Records Inc. for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the United States.
Manufactured & marketed by Rhino Vinyl, 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505. A Warner Music Group company.
All Rights Reserved. Warning: Unauthorized reproduction of this recording is prohibited by Federal law and subject to criminal prosecution.
Printed in Canada.
℗ 2004 Nonesuch Records Inc., a Warner Music Group company.
Made in Germany.
Recorded at Sear Sound, NYC.
Side 3 tracks C2, C3, and C4, and side 4 track D1 (non-drone section) recorded at SOMA E.M.S., Chicago, engineered by Mikael Jorgensen (Tim Iseler, assistant), with additional recording at Sear Sound, engineered by Jim O'Rourke.
Mastered [...] at Abbey Road, London.
Publishing: Tweedy - Words Ampersand Music, BMI / Storratt - Poeyfarre Songs, BMI / Kotche - Pear Blossom Music, BMI / Jorgensen - Jorgenstormusic, ASCAP / O'Rourke - field code music, BMI / Girard - chaoticgoodmusic, ASCAP / Back - Come Here With That Music, ASCAP.
All administered by Bug Music.
Management: Tony Margherita (TMM, Chicago)
Booking U.S. & Pacific: Frank Riley (High Road Touring, Sausalito)
Booking Europe: Bob Gold (GAA, London)
Legal: Joseph L. Grier (Pryor, Cushman, et al., NYC)
U.S. Press: Deb Bernardini (dbmpr, NYC)
Digital Oversight: Ken Waagner (Smartley-Dunn Solutions, Chicago)
All drawings by Gladys Nilsson, courtesy of the artist and The Ganzfeld.
Record label drawings are details from an untitled drawing first published in Hairy Who (cut-a-log), 1969.
The untitled gatefold drawing was first published in Hairy Who / Smoke Hairy Who, 1968.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 081227649210
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1, scratched out): R1-76582-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1): R1-76492-A KMCATM P.USA 12449.1(3) -23213-
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2, scratched out): R1-76582-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2): R1-76492 B KMCATM P.USA -23213- 12449.2(3)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 3, scratched out): R1-76582-C
- Matrix / Runout (Side 3): R1-76492-C / KMCATM / 12449.3(3)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 4, scratched out): R1-76582-D
- Matrix / Runout (Side 4): R1-76492-D / KMCATM / 12449.4(3)
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 22) View All
|79809-2||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Enh)||Nonesuch||79809-2||US||2004||Sell This Version|
|79809-2||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Enh, RE, Sli)||Nonesuch||79809-2||US||2004||Sell This Version|
|7559-79809-2, BR0166||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Dig)||Nonesuch, Nonesuch||7559-79809-2, BR0166||US||2004||Sell This Version|
|7559798092||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (CD, Album, Enh)||Nonesuch||7559798092||Australia||2004||Sell This Version|
|76492-1, 79809-2||Wilco||A Ghost Is Born (2xLP, Album)||Rhino Vinyl, Nonesuch||76492-1, 79809-2||Europe||2004||Sell This Version|