Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Interlude 1 (Wrinkled Earlobes Are A Sign Of Impending Heart Attacks)||0:23|
|2||Spare Ass Annie||4:30|
|3||Interlude 2 (This Is Insane)||0:20|
|4||The Last Words Of Dutch Schultz (This Is Insane)
Tenor Saxophone – Ralph Carney
|5||Interlude 3 (The Vultures Are Gone And Will Never Come Back)||0:17|
|6||Mildred Pierce Reporting 2 (Old Sarge)||2:05|
|7||Dr. Benway Operates||2:45|
|8||Warning To Young Couples (Huntsmen's Hounds)||2:13|
|9||Did I Ever Tell You About The Man Who Taught His Asshole To Talk?
Voice [Spoken Word] – Ras I. ZuluVoice Actor [The Voice Of "the Talking Asshole"] – Vaughn Martinian
|10||Last Words With Ras I. Zulu
Music By [Constructed] – C. Hunter*Voice [Spoken Word] – Ras I. Zulu
|11||A One God Universe
Music By [Constructed] – Hal Willner, P. Scaturro*, DHH*Organ [Hammond], Programmed By [Synclavier] – Pete ScaturroVocals – Zoë L. Ellis*
|12||Interlude 4 (Fletch Is Here)||0:36|
|13||The Junky's Christmas
Organ [Hammond], Programmed By [Synclavier] – Pete Scaturro
|14||Words Of Advice For Young People
Music By [Constructed] – C. Hunter*, Hal Willner, DHH*Voice [Spoken Word] – Ras I. Zulu
|15||Last Words With Michael Franti
Music By [Constructed] – C. Hunter*, Hal Willner, DHH*Voice [Spoken Word] – Michael Franti
- Licensed To – Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – William S. Burroughs
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Inc.
- Made By – PDO, UK – 10259691
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Polygram Music Publishing Ltd.
- Recorded At – Hairball 3
- Recorded At – Red House Recording Studio
- Recorded At – Mutron Studio
- Edited At – Soundtrack Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- A&R – Melani Gold
- Art Direction, Design – David Calderley
- Co-producer [Associate] – James Grauerholz, Susan Jacobs
- Drum Programming [Lots More Beats], Sounds [Other Sounds], Other [Vitamin C] – Rono Tse
- Drum Programming [Lots Of The Beats], Bass, Guitar, Other [Cappy's Wardrobe, Haircuts] – Michael "Microscope" Franti*
- Guitar, Bass, Other [Goatee] – Charlie Hunter
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Music By [Constructed] – Hal Willner (tracks: 1 to 9, 12, 13), The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy (tracks: 1 to 9, 12, 13)
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Nelson Lyon
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Kate Simon
- Photography By [Inside] – Les Michaels
- Producer – Hal Willner, Michael Franti, Rono Tse
- Producer [W.S. Burroughs Segments (spoken)] – Nelson Lyon
- Recorded By [Music, Additional] – Jeff Williams (2)
- Recorded By [Music], Mixed By – Pete Scaturro
- Recorded By [W.s. Burroughs] – Brad Murphy (tracks: 2, 9), Hal Willner (tracks: 1, 3 to 8, 10 to 15)
- Sampler [Samples From Another Planet], Other [Chicken In The Pot] – Hal "Ice Jew" Willner*
- Sequenced By – Hal Willner
- Voice [Spoken Word] – William S. Burroughs
- Words By – William S. Burroughs
2: text from "Interzone", © William S. Burroughs, 1989
4: text assembled from "The Last Words of Dutch Schultz", © William S. Burroughs, 1969, 1970, 1975
6: text from chaper 'From Here to Eternity' in "Exterminator!", © William S. Burroughs, 1973
7: text enlarged from passage in chapter 'Gave Proof Through the Night' in "Nova Express", © William S. Burroughs, 1964, renewed 1992
8: text from "The Cat Inside", © William S. Burroughs, 1986, 1992
9: text from "Naked Lunch", © William S. Burroughs, 1959, 1962, renewed 1988, 1990
10: text from chapter 'Last Words' in "Nova Express", © William S. Burroughs, 1964, renewed 1992
11: text from "The Western Lands", © William S. Burroughs, 1987
13: text from chapter of the same name in "Interzone", © William S. Burroughs, 1989
14: previously unpublished performance text
15: text from chapter 'Last Words' in "Nova Express", © William S. Burroughs, 1964, renewed 1992
W.S. Burroughs recorded at Hairball 3, Lawrence, KS except tracks 2 and 9 recorded at Red House Studio, Lawrence, KS.
Music redorded and mixed at Mutron Studios, San Francisco, CA.
Sequenced at Deep Creek World, New York. Edited together at Soundtrack Studio, NY.
Originally mastered at Masterdisk, NY.
Published by copyright control/PolyGram Music Publishing Limited except track 10: copyright control
℗ 1993 Island Records Inc. © 1993 Island Records Inc.
The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Island Records Inc and is exclusively licensed to Island Records Ltd in the UK.
Issued in a standard jewel case with fold-out insert.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31451 83522 3
- Label Code: LC 0407
- Matrix / Runout (CD outer ring): BRCD600 10259691 01 &
- Matrix / Runout (CD outer ring – disc manufacturer): MADE IN THE U.K. BY PDO
- Price Code: PY900
- Rights Society: BIEM STEMRA
Other Versions (5 of 12) View All
|162-535 003-2||William S. Burroughs||Spare Ass Annie And Other Tales (CD, Album)||Island Red Label, Island Records||162-535 003-2||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|162-535 003-2||William S. Burroughs||Spare Ass Annie And Other Tales (CD, Album, RP)||Island Red Label||162-535 003-2||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|PRCD 5003-2||William S. Burroughs||Spare Ass Annie And Other Tales - The Operator's Manual (CD, Promo)||Island Red Label||PRCD 5003-2||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|BRLP 600, 518 352-1||William S. Burroughs||Spare Ass Annie And Other Tales (LP, Album, Ltd)||4th & Broadway, 4th & Broadway||BRLP 600, 518 352-1||UK||1993||Sell This Version|
|162-535 003-4||William S. Burroughs||Spare Ass Annie And Other Tales (Cass, Album)||Island Red Label||162-535 003-4||US||1993||Sell This Version|