Tracklist Hide Credits
- Distributed By – Cargo (2)
- Distributed By – The state51 Conspiracy
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Industrial Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Industrial Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polygram International, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Copyright Control
- Manufactured By – MPO
- Mastered At – SST Brüggemann GmbH
- Arranged By [All Arrangements] – Carter* (tracks: C1 to D4), Tutti* (tracks: C1 to D4), Christopherson* (tracks: C1 to D4)
- Arranged By [All Arrangements], Producer [Production By] – Chris Carter (2) (tracks: A1 to B5), Cosey Fanni Tutti (tracks: A1 to B5)
- Artwork [Album], Design Concept [& Executation] – Chris Carter (2), Cosey Fanni Tutti, Paul A. Taylor*
- Engineer [Guest Vocal Recordings - Antony] – Alexander D. Nizich* (tracks: A1)
- Engineer [Guest Vocal Recordings - Blixa Bargeld] – Boris Wildorf* (tracks: A2, B2)
- Engineer [Guest Vocal Recordings - Marc Almond] – Neal Whitmore (tracks: A3)
- Engineer [Guest Vocal Recordings - Sasha Grey] – Ian Preston Cinnamon* (tracks: A4)
- Guitar [Guitars], Guitar [Bowed Guitar], Cornet [Cornets], Melodica, Harmonica, Percussion, Keyboards – Cosey Fanni Tutti
- Liner Notes – Chris Carter (2), Cosey Fanni Tutti, Dan Fox (3)
- Lyrics By – Cosey Fanni Tutti (tracks: C1 to D4), Peter Christopherson (tracks: C1 to D4)
- Management – Paul Smith (48)
- Mastered By – Chris Carter (2) (tracks: A1 to B5)
- Other [Bangkok Liaison] – Jordi Devas
- Performer [Rhythms], Synthesizer [Synthesizers], Keyboards, Performer [Radiophonics], Effects [Special Effects] – Chris Carter (2)
- Performer [Samples, Eowave Persophone], Keyboards – Peter Christopherson
- Photography By [Antony] – Mark Seliger
- Photography By [Blixa Bargeld] – Thomas Rabsch
- Photography By [Chris Carter - Berlin 2006] – Paul Heartfield
- Photography By [Cosey Fanni Tutti - Berlin 2006] – Paul Heartfield
- Photography By [Cosey Fanni Tutti] – Chris Carter (2)
- Photography By [Marc Almond] – Mark Owen (8)
- Photography By [Peter Christopherson - Berlin 2006] – Paul Heartfield
- Photography By [Poster] – Paul Heartfield
- Photography By [Sasha Grey] – Ian Preston Cinnamon*
- Producer – Cosey Fanni Tutti (tracks: C1 to D4)
- Producer, Mastered By – Chris Carter (2) (tracks: C1 to D4)
- Programmed By [Bangkok Preproduction Programming] – Danny Hyde
- Research [Bangkok Archive Research] – Pacman (14)
- Vocals [All Vocalisations And Vocal Deconstructions] – Cosey Fanni Tutti (tracks: C1 to D4), Peter Christopherson (tracks: C1 to D4)
- Voice [Desertshores Voices] – Pacman (14) (tracks: B5)
- Written-By – Nico (3) (tracks: A1 to B4)
"Desertshore / The Final Report - Vinyl Special Limited Edition
Only 500 copies Worldwide.
Gatefold sleeve, additional outer slip-case, double album on white 180gm vinyl and 24" × 12" poster (on 150gsm Lumisilk).
The Special Edition also includes the Digital Download version of 'Desertshore / The Final Report', with 8-page PDF booklet and an additional (Digital Download) bonus album 'แฝดนรก (Faet Narok)', a remixed 'Evil Twin' version of Desertshore.
The ‘Desertshore’ project is a 're-imagined' cover version of Nico’s seminal 1970 album first conceived by the late Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson in Berlin 2006. In 2010 at his home in Bangkok, he refocussed his approach readying to record guest vocalists while Chris and Cosey prepared material in their UK studio for his return there in December. Sadly, Sleazy unexpectedly died in his sleep on the 25th November in Bangkok.
Chris and Cosey made a commitment to Sleazy to complete the ‘Desertshore’ project picking up from where they left off just prior to his untimely passing. With enthusiastic support and contributions from so many who were close to Sleazy, especially the guest artistes whose work he admired; Antony, Marc Almond, Blixa Bargeld, Sasha Grey and Gaspar Noé, the project is now complete.
THE FINAL REPORT
Throughout their 36 year friendship Chris Carter, Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson and Cosey Fanni Tutti produced many pioneering and acclaimed collaborative works together.
These trio sessions were without exception always very productive; ideas that produced many hours of recordings, sound experiments, research in new performance possibilities, visuals, the ongoing design and building of new and innovative instruments; a constant restless exploration of new paths together.
‘The Final Report’ album has been completed from their final 2009/2010 sessions together at Chris and Cosey's studio in Norfolk. This album stands as the final report; a celebration, a loving remembrance of their unique partnership."
Dedicated to Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson
Special thanks to:
Nico and Phillipe Garrel for the inspiration.
Paul Smith - Manager and Voice on 1-9
To everyone who helped fulfil this celebratory project in memory of Sleazy.
All the dedicated fans and followers who we value beyond measure for their enduring enthusiasm and appreciation, resolute and steadfast throughout all the years. We thank you all.
Additional thanks go to the following for their support in the realisation of these recordings and without who's innovative hardware and software its completetion would not have been possible:
Software: Ableton, Apple, Audio Damage, Audio Ease, East West, Izotope, Native Instruments, Universal Audio.
Hardware: Apple, Doepfer, Eowave, Eventide, Elektron, Korg, OTO, Roland, Symbolic Sound Kyma, TipTop Audio, WMD.
These albums were recorded in various locations including:
Bangkok, Norfolk, Los Angeles, New York, London and Berlin.
Physical Distribution - Cargo Records UK
Digital Distribution - State 51 Conspiracy
℗ & © 2012 INDUSTRIAL RECORDS LIMITED
℗ & © Christopherson, Carter, Tutti for Industrial Records Ltd. 2012
Copyright Control 2012.
Track timings are not appearing on the release.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (LP 1 Side A): IR 2012 LP 1 A Kr SST MPO
- Matrix / Runout (LP 1 Side B): IR 2012 LP 1 B Kr SST MPO
- Matrix / Runout (LP 2 Side A): IR 2012 LP 2 A MPO Kr SST
- Matrix / Runout (LP 2 Side 2): IR 2012 LP 2 B Kr SST MPO
Other Versions (5 of 6) View All
|IR2012LP||X-TG||Desertshore / The Final Report (LP, Album + LP, Album + Comp)||Industrial Records||IR2012LP||UK||2012||Sell This Version|
|IR2012CD||X-TG||Desertshore / The Final Report (CD, Album + CD, Album + Comp)||Industrial Records||IR2012CD||UK||2012||Sell This Version|
|none||X-TG||Desertshore / The Final Report (9xFile, FLAC, Album + 10xFile, FLAC, Album)||Industrial Records||none||UK||2012|
|IR2012DL||X-TG||Desertshore / The Final Report (9xFile, WAV, Album, 24b + 10xFile, WAV, Album, 24b)||Industrial Records||IR2012DL||UK||2012|
|none||X-TG||Desertshore / The Final Report (9xFile, MP3, Album + 10xFile, MP3, Album)||Industrial Records||none||UK||2012|