Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Cans And Brahms (Extracts From Brahms' 4th Symphony In E Minor, Third Movement)|
|A3||We Have Heaven
Written-By – Anderson*
|A4||South Side Of The Sky|
|B1||Five Percent For Nothing
Written-By – Bruford*
|B2||Long Distance Runaround
Written-By – Anderson*
|B3||The Fish (Shindleria Praematurus)
Written-By – Squire*
|B4||Mood For A Day
Written-By – Howe*
|B5||Heart Of The Sunrise|
- Record Company – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Recorded At – Advision Studios
- Distributed By – Kinney Record Group Ltd.
- Published By – Yessongs
- Published By – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Published By – Kinney Music
- Published By – Arnakata Music
- Printed By – MacNeill Press Ltd.
- Made By – MacNeill Press Ltd.
- Artwork [Sleeve Drawings], Photography By – Roger Dean (4)
- Bass Guitar, Vocals – Chris Squire
- Drums, Percussion – Bill Bruford
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals – Steve Howe
- Engineer [Assistant] – Gary Martin (3)
- Organ, Grand Piano, Electric Piano, Harpsichord, Mellotron, Synthesizer – Rick Wakeman
- Photography By [Colour Photo Of Bill Bruford On Drums] – David Wright (16)
- Producer – Yes
- Producer, Engineer – Eddy Offord
- Vocals – Jon Anderson
Matt gatefold sleeve with an 8 page colour booklet glued to the inside.
Cat. No.- K50009 on inside of sleeve and spine.
Cat. No.- K 50009 on labels.
Made in UK - (no 'W' -Warner logo)
A1, A3 to A4 - Rondor Music (London) / Yessongs
B1 to B5 - Rondor Music (London) Ltd. / Yessongs
A2 - Arnakata / Kinney Music
Five tracks of this album are the individual ideas, personally arranged and organised, by the five members of the Band. "Cans And Brahms" is an adaptation by Rick Wakeman on which he plays electric piano taking the part of the strings, grand piano taking the part of the woodwind, organ taking the brass, electric harpsichord taking reeds, and synthesizer taking contra bassoon. "We Have Heaven" is a personal idea by Jon Anderson in which he sings all the vocal parts. "Five Per Cent For Nothing" is a sixteen bar tune by Bill Bruford, played twice by the Group, and taken directly from the percussion line. In Chris Squire's "The Fish", each riff, rhythm, and melody is produced by using the different sounds of the bass guitar. Steve Howe concludes with a solo guitar piece "Mood For A Day"
The remaining tracks on the album are Group arranged and performed.
All titles, except Cans And Brahms, published by Yessongs
Bank loan arranged by Brian Lane
Recorded at Advision Studios, London, September 1971
Printed and made by Macneill Press Ltd., London, S.E.1.
There is also a near identical version on the "green / orange" Atlantic labels, still retaining the 1st press matrix stamped in the runout, without made in UK on the labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout stamped): 2401019 A//1 K50009 A
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout stamped): 2401019 B//1 K50009 B
- Matrix / Runout (A-side label): K 50009 A
- Matrix / Runout (B-side label): K 50009 B
- Other (A & B-side label): V
Other Versions (5 of 212) View All
|2401019, 2401 019||Yes||Fragile (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||2401019, 2401 019||UK||1971||Sell This Version|
|82524-2||Yes||Fragile (CD, Album, RM, Gol)||Atlantic||82524-2||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|30.010||Yes||Fragile (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Atlantic||30.010||Brazil||1976||Sell This Version|
|CD 82667||Yes||Fragile (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP)||Atlantic||CD 82667||Canada||1996||Sell This Version|
|SD 7211||Yes||Fragile (LP, Album, Promo, PR)||Atlantic||SD 7211||US||1972||Sell This Version|