- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Marketed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Licensed From – Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records
- Licensed To – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – DiscReet Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Munchkin Music
- Copyright (c) – Beefheart Music
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Recorded At – Armadillo World Headquarters
- Engineered At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Overdubbed At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Mixed At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Printed By – G. Print
- Bass, Performer [Also Dancing] – Tom Fowler
- Design – Cal Schenkel
- Drums – Chester Thompson (tracks: A5, B1)
- Drums, Other [Moisture] – Terry Bozzio
- Engineer – Davey Moire, Frank Hubach, Kelly Kotera, Kerry McNab*, Mike Braunstein*, Mike Stone
- Guitar, Vocals – Frank Zappa
- Harmonica [Harp], Vocals, Other [Shopping Bags] – Captain Beefheart
- Keyboards, Vocals – George Duke
- Lacquer Cut By [Kendun] – Kent Duncan
- Management [In Discreetion] – Herb Cohen
- Photography By – John Williams (30)
- Saxophone, Vocals – Napoleon Murphy Brock*
- Slide Guitar, Vocals – Denny Walley
- Trombone, Performer [Fantastic Dancing] – Bruce Fowler (3)
- Written-By – Don Van Vliet (tracks: A3, B3), Frank Zappa (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to B2, B4)
In addition, cover text is printed on this release. (It was a sticker on shrink-wrap of other releases, or simply did not appear).
The over-printed black text is also off-center. (It was centered on the Australian issue).
Unlike other releases, the background of the sleeve back's 'close-up' of the floor [from front cover] is single-color 'grey', whilst it was full-color 'brown' on other issues.
Sleeve printed by "G. Print" (circular logo, back cover, bottom-right). Inside of sleeve is a straw-colored lined-texture finish.
Sleeve back; "P.O. Box 2915, Auckland, New Zealand". There is an "A" in a box-rule in top-right corner.
© 1975 Discreet Records Inc.
Tracks A3, B3: © 1973 Beefheart Music.
All other tracks: © 1975 Munchkin Music.
Tracks A1 to A4, B2 to B4: "Recorded live at Armadillo World Headquarters, Austin Texas, May 20th and 21st, 1975. Plus Selected Studio Wonderment."
A5, B1 & B4 intros recorded Jan & Feb 1974, remote recording, overdubs & mixing at The Record Plant, L.A.
Labels; "Marketed by WEA Ltd., For Warner Bros. Records Inc. A Subsidiary and Licensee of Warner Bros, - Seven Arts Inc".
Publisher printed per label tracks: Boosey & Hawkes (Misspelled 'Bossey' on tracks A1 to A3)
"A Discreet Recording Bongo Fury"
"Marketed by WEA Records Ltd ℗1975 WEA Records Ltd"
Re: Credit as "Shopping Bags" - Beefheart was renowned for his carrying of shopping bags, stuffed with notebooks, harmonicas & bric-a-brac.
(Vliet's constant 'sketching' of FZ in his notebooks led to some acrimony between the two during the "Bongo Fury" tour).
[This album may also have circulated in Australia & parts of Pacific Rim, but that is conjecture].
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side runout, hand-etched): DS 2234-A.
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side runout, hand-etched): DS 2234-B.
Other Versions (5 of 59) View All
|DS 2234||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (LP, Album, Win)||Discreet||DS 2234||US||1975||Sell This Version|
|DIS 59209, DS 2234||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (LP, Album, RE)||Discreet, Discreet||DIS 59209, DS 2234||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|ANPC-9909002||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (CD, Album, Ltd, Unofficial)||ArsNova||ANPC-9909002||Russia||1999||Sell This Version|
|968010||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Eldorado, Rykodisc||968010||Brazil||1995||Sell This Version|
|RAC 10522||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (Cass, Album, RE)||Ryko Analogue, Rykodisc||RAC 10522||Canada||1996||Sell This Version|