|A2||Carolina Hard-Core Ecstasy||6:02|
|A3||Sam With The Showing Scalp Flat Top||2:50|
|A4||Poofter's Froth Wyoming Plans Ahead||3:06|
|A5||200 Years Old||4:34|
|B3||Man With The Woman Head||1:29|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – DiscReet Records, Inc.
- Published By – Munchkin Music
- Copyright (c) – Munchkin Music
- Published By – Beefheart Music
- Copyright (c) – Beefheart Music
- Mastered At – Kendun Recorders
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Armadillo World Headquarters
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Overdubbed At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Mixed At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Bass, Other [Also Dancing] – Tom Fowler
- Design – Cal Schenkel
- Drums – Chester Thompson (tracks: A5, B1)
- Drums, Other [Moisture] – Terry Bozzio
- Engineer – Davey Moire, Frank Hubach, Kelly Kotera, Kerry McNab*, Mike Braunstein*, Mike Stone
- Harmonica [Harp], Vocals, Other [Shopping Bags] – Captain Beefheart
- Keyboards, Vocals – George Duke
- Lead Guitar, Vocals – Frank Zappa
- Management [In DiscReetion] – Herb Cohen
- Mastered By [Kendun] – Kent Duncan
- Photography By – John Williams (30)
- Producer – Frank Zappa
- Recorded By – Record Plant Remote
- Saxophone, Vocals – Napoleon Murphy Brock*
- Slide Guitar, Vocals – Denny Walley
- Trombone, Other [Fantastic Dancing] – Bruce Fowler (3)
- Written-By – Don Van Vliet (tracks: A3, B3), Frank Zappa (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to B2, B4)
"PROMOTION NOT FOR SALE" - black text on otherwise regular Discreet labels .
Tracks A1 to A4, B2 to B4: "Recorded live at Armadillo World Headquarters, Austin Texas, May 20th & 21st, 1975".
"Plus Selected Studio Wonderment"
A5, B1 & B4 intros were recorded in January & February 1974, at The Record Plant, L.A.
Special thanks to the kitchen staff at The Armadillo, especially Jan Beeman
Made in U.S.A.
© 1975 DiscReet Records, Inc.
On labels: ℗ 1975 Warner Brothers Records Inc.
Tracks A1, A2, A4 to B2, B4: © 1975 Munchkin Music - ASCAP
Tracks A3, B3 © 1973 Beefheart Music - BMI
Some copies have a transparent sticker, with the title and text in black print, affixed to the front cover.
Beefheart was renowned for his "shopping bags", stuffed with notebooks, harmonicas & bric-a-brac.
(Vliet's constant 'sketching' of FZ in his notebooks led to some acrimony between the two during the "Bongo Fury" tour)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side 1): 1 5 DS 2234 - 31936-1B Ⓑ E2
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side 2): 1 5 DS 2234 - 31937-1A Ⓑ D1
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped Side 1): KENDUN B
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped Side 2): KENDUN A
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 62) View All
|DS 2234||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (LP, Album, Win)||Discreet||DS 2234||US||1975||Sell This Version|
|DIS 59209, DS 2234||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (LP, Album, RE)||Discreet, Discreet||DIS 59209, DS 2234||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|ANPC-9909002||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (CD, Album, Ltd, Unofficial)||ArsNova||ANPC-9909002||Russia||1999||Sell This Version|
|968010||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Eldorado, Rykodisc||968010||Brazil||1995||Sell This Version|
|RAC 10522||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers*||Zappa* / Beefheart* / Mothers* - Bongo Fury (Cass, Album, RE)||Ryko Analogue, Rykodisc||RAC 10522||Canada||1996||Sell This Version|