After pushing various CasioTone keyboards to their limits in the late 80's he started to compose his first sample-based tracks using the Amiga software, Octamed. His limited yet highly effective arsenal of these early forays were a Roland Alpha Juno 2 and an 8 Bit Amiga sampler.
As technological advances during the 90s opened up whole new areas of creativity and experimentation future tracks were composed using the Korg MS20, 05R/W, Poly800, Yamaha CS5, TX81z, various analogs, effects and an Amiga A1200 running MicroIllusion's Music X. The track "Shuffle" (under the name "RSI"), featured on the accompanying CD of"Future Music" magazine, Issue 58, July 1997 displaying his heavy bias towards analogue and analogue-esque sound sources. By this time he was now composing on the PC using Cubase VST, early indications of the future evolution of his approach to composition.
Rayspark Industries have now completely updated (and downsized) his studio which consists of Native Instruments' Reaktor and various other plugins run through Ableton Live Suite. Rayspark Industries believes this approach has opened up a whole new era in his sound designing and compostional approaches and gives him the freedom to experiment like never before. As organised sound, he uses music as a platform for his explorations of new sounds he has found or created, many unheard and many certainly unused in the context of composition. It is this thirst for auditory discovery that keeps his sound fresh and ever-changing and is the well-spring of his creativity.
- Hash (SUB#) records (part of The True Love Collective) https://www.discogs.com/label/4128-Hash
- Opulsion (UWe, Paris)
- EURK http://www.discogs.com/release/204120
- A white label on LUSH Recordings https://www.discogs.com/label/1584-Lush-Recordings
- Three DAM albums created on MP3.com
And returning from retirement in 2010 releasing on
- Treetrunk records https://www.discogs.com/Rayspark-Industries-Klonk-Klang-EP/release/4922194
- Lab Room Records https://www.discogs.com/Rayspark-Industries-Arctic-Wastes/release/8441116
- Petroglyph Music (Petroglyph 056) https://petroglyphmusic.bandcamp.com/album/x-mas-compilation
- and self releasing materials on https://rayspark-industries.bandcamp.com/
Autechre, 808 State, Plaid, Biosphere, Orbital and L.F.O. just to name a few...
- 3 Remix
- 1 Instruments & Performance
- 13 Writing & Arrangement
- 6 Production
- 1 Technical
- 2 Visual