He has been a sound engineer at Studio Amper (57 - France) since 1990, producing, music directing, engineering, mixing and mastering on more than 300 records since its creation.
After having played in progressive rock bands such as Larsen, Mandragore, Troll (in studio with Magma's choir and brass section in 1981), he became the first artist to be signed by the French progressive rock label, Musea, in 1985.
In September, 2000, “Invizible” (extract from Jean-Pascal's 7th album “Parfum d'étoiles”) was chosen by Serge Levaillant as the theme song for his radio show on France-Inter called “Sous les étoiles exactement,” which remained the theme song until the last radio show in 2013.
He has published eleven albums since 1986.
“Vol d'oiseaux” was released in May, 2016, featuring: Steve Shehan, Cascadeur, Fredo Viola, Jo Cimatti, Hervé Rouyer, Laurent Payfert, Alessia Wood, and Pierre Cocq Amann.
“Wings...wings everywhere! It sounds like wings and the desire of space that never leaves... it's the Invitation to the Voyage, the sharing of fullness with the magical arpeggios of an expert aviator, Boffo, atmosphere shaper, melody molder, star smuggler. Whether we want it or not, a new opus from Jean-Pascal is always an event and a religious experience.“Vol d'oiseaux” is no exception.”
(Christian Décamps about the album “Vol d'oiseaux”).
Amidst his own albums, he played played a role in several different bands (pop, rock, chanson française, etc) as a producer and/or guitarist. Among these is:
- Alifair, with the singer Aurore Reichert (4 albums and 2 live DVDs between 2000 and 2011).
- Caroline Crozat, backing vocalist and singer from the band ANGE (4 albums between 1999 and 2007 under the name of "KAHARO").
- Jo Cimatti (English psychedelic pop chanson, 1st album in 2015)
- Kel (since 2013 – chanson française)
- Suzy K (English Folk music)
- Sounds in Progress (electro-improvisation-experimental duet with Seraphin Palmieri -since 2008- first album published in 2016).
- Murat Oztürk, pianist (since 2009, world-jazz. On stage playing electric guitar and electronic sound processing)
Contact : email@example.com