This band were: Hal Swain (sax/cornet); Billy Hall (trombone/sax); Frank Walsh (piano/organ); Dave Caplan (banjo); Ran Garrison (sousaphone, trombone & sax); Ken Kenny (drums). On arrival in the UK the band found the club had closed. Laschiver got them a booking at the 'New Princes Restaurant' in Piccadilly and the band became resident there for two years - thus becoming "The New Princes Toronto Band". The band recorded in London on the Columbia label between Nov 1924 & Feb 1926.
Some recordings were made for the Crystalate company under pseudonyms, as the band were contracted to Columbia. Labels for these were 'Imperial', 'Currys', 'Oliver', 'Pigmy' and 'Mimosa'. The 'disguised' band also issued on 'Regal'.
Swain departed in 1926 and Caplan became the leader of the band (now with Harry Hoffman and Art Christmas) taking on his name as "Dave Caplan's Toronto Band". By the time this band toured Berlin in the summer of 1926 the line-up had changed further; Dave Caplan, Les Allen, Lorne Cole, Harry Hoffman, Laurie Day, Art Christmas, Arthur Lousley, Arthur Calkin & Jack Collins.