In March 1933, 35 villagers formed a choir (Cor Meibion Trelawnyd) to compete at the village Eisteddfod. Within in a few weeks, it grew to 50 members and has progressed to be regarded among the most accomplished of North Wales Male Choirs.
From 1939 the original choir lay dormant until after the war. In 1946 the choir re-opened taking on new membership and grew to 60 strong. In 1957, under conductor Neville Owen, a local schoolmaster, they won the National Championships which were held in Bala. In 1973, under Dr. Goronwy Wynne, they again won at Ruthin.
The choir has had just five musical directors. The latest, Geraint Roberts, has held the post from 1981. He was a student at the Royal College of Music in London where he studied piano and harp and graduated with honours in 1978. Today he commands a senior post at Emrys Ap Iwan School, Abergele and is in great demand as an adjudicator and organist. Following on from their early success in competition, they have now gained first prize at the Royal National Eisteddfod of Wales on seven occasions. Crossing the Irish Sea the choir won 1st prize at the Eire International Festival in Cork. In 1981 they came second out of 50 male voice choirs in the prestigious BBC Radio Wales Choir of the year competition and in 2005 were again runners-up.
They have travelled the world from Europe to America and undertaken short tours to Ireland and Scotland, performed at the Royal Albert Hall, the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall and appeared frequently on television. The choir is heavily involved in raising money for charity by providing concerts that have raised thousands for good cause