– Time Waits (The Amazing Bud Powell)
|A1||Buster Rides Again|
|B4||Sub City (Alternate Master)|
- Plattenfirma – Universal Music
- Plattenfirma – Universal International Music B.V.
- Plattenfirma – Blue Note Records Inc.
- Plattenfirma – Capitol Records, LLC
- Copyright © – UMG Recordings, Inc.
- Mastering bei – Cohearent Audio
- Acetat-Lack-Schnitt von – Cohearent Audio
- Gepresst durch – Optimal Media GmbH – BL57953
- Aufgenommen bei – Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey
- Bass –
- Drums –
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Liner Notes –
- Mastered By [LP Mastering] –
- Photography By [Photo By] –
- Piano –
- Recorded By [Recording By] –
- Written-By –
All matrices in runouts are etched.
Recorded May 24, 1958
Recorded May 24, 1958
- Barcode (Text): 6 02445 08216 2
- Barcode (Scanned, UPC-A): 602445082162
- Rechtegesellschaft: BIEM/SDRM
- Andere (On rear cover, top right): Vol. 4
- Matrix / Runout (A-side label): BNST 81598-A
- Matrix / Runout (B-side label): BNST 81598-B
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout): BL57953-01 A1 458216-A 00602445082162 ΛΛ
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout): BL57953-01 B1 458216-B 00602445082162 [email protected] ∆Λ
|The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 4 - Time Waits (LP, Album, Mono, Deep groove )||Blue Note||BLP 1598||US||1958|
|The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 4 - Time Waits (LP, Album, Mono, Deep groove Side 1 only)||Blue Note||BLP 1598||US||1959|
|The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 4 - Time Waits (LP, Reissue, Mono)||Blue Note||BLP 1598||US||1967|
|The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 4 - Time Waits (LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo)||Blue Note||BST 81598||US||1969|
|The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 4 - Time Waits (LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo)||Blue Note||BST 81598||US||1970|
- Vor 2 Monaten bearbeitetGosh this record is really good. Unusual for BN of this era - this is a bebop album recorded in gorgeously soundstaged stereo. I had to check and recheck the recording date, it just sounds so goo. I had forgotten just how good Bud Powell was. One of the best BN classic releases.
- A bebop masterpiece! I can't stop tapping my feet. A well recorded and a exquisite pressing! Like most of the BN Classic release it has nice detail and a real natural sound. I waited a couple months on this one but I'm super glad I garbed it. It's a great addition to this series.
- It seems that the label really did something to improve the pressing quality at the plant(s). All my BN purchases from the last weeks were absolutely spotless - there was a period of time where I had to return a loooot, and I was not the only one when you go trough some reviews here on discogs. Maybe the label got fed up too with this super high returning rates.
This one is also perfect in every way!
- Bud Powell’s recently-released “Time Waits” in the Blue Note Classic series is an excellent entre to bebop. This pianist’s compositions and his driving right hand lyrically invite listeners to dance the rhumba to “Buster Rides Again”. On “Time Waits”, the only ballad on this record date, the trio slows down the tempo and beguiles.
Philly Joe Jones thrills and snaps out the rhythm alongside the metronomic walking bass of Sam Jones with Bud cooking on “Marmalade”. This Classics series record is an audiophile gem, an exceptional trio on a quality pressing at a budget price.
- Perfect copy pressed by Optimal. Nice separation of instruments and dynamics on this record. Mastered from the analogue tapes, this is a real gem in my collection of audiophile recordings
- Wow. This sounds fantastic. Just stellar sound quality and a perfect pressing as well.
Wasn’t expecting to be blown away by this record as much as I was but this soared out of the speakers from the very beginning and would easily find its way into my personal top 5 for the Classic Series so far.
Even if you’re not a Bud Powell fan this is one to grab just to hear Philly Jo Jones in all his glory. Really pleased with this one, highly recommended if you’re a fan of high quality piano trios.
- Vor 4 Monaten bearbeitetI received a replacement copy after receiving one that was warped. Love the album and the sound is superb. Bud is outstanding on the romantic title cut and also on the slow blues Dry Soul. Philly Joe smokes and Sam Jones lays it down, Highly recommended.
- Blue Note issued another nice Classic series album. Great music nice flat quiet pressing. The Classic series is a big step up from the 75th Anniv. Series. I have purchased several and they have all been very well done. Heck I ordered 4 more albums from Blue Note during the same week this was released with the 20% off sale and free shipping.
- Another nice Blue Note classic. Vinyl is flat and quiet.