• DetroitBootyBass over 6 years ago

I don't cite Wiki ever, so I would appreciate it if you don't make it sound like I do so.

And, if it was up to me, Discogs would get rid of about 60% of its Styles as most are just marketing terms. But if Discogs is going to allow styles like Leftfield, Experimental, Jazzdance, Baltimore Club, Makina, etc. to be official styles, then Space Disco also deserves a place.
  • zin over 6 years ago

If you guys seriously think that vaporwave is all about slowing down ALREADY EXISTING songs, then maybe I should invite some VW producers here to comment on that statement?

IMO vaporwave is 100% valid style
  • zin over 6 years ago

and +1 to Cosmic Disco / Space Disco ;)
  • Jayfive over 6 years ago

DetroitBootyBass
    But if Discogs is going to allow styles like Leftfield, Experimental, Jazzdance, Baltimore Club, Makina

Never sure what Leftfield was supposed to mean, experimental is fine, though it should be used in conjunction with other styles. I kinda get Jazzdance, Makina I know enough about to know it belongs, but Baltimore club I have a real problem with and did argue against it's inclusion.

zin
    If you guys seriously think that vaporwave is all about slowing down ALREADY EXISTING songs, then maybe I should invite some VW producers here to comment on that statement?

Oh god please dont, between making my own investigations and reading all that pretenious BS in the ani-discogs release thread I've had enough pseudo-intellectual twaddle regarding neo-styles for one lifetime.

You know if they just admitted thats a lot of what they do it wouldnt be an issue. Tell me - why do they never cite their sample sources?

FWIW it's unlikely to be removed anyway. But if it remains, then I see no reason why I can't make a case for Nightcore. Would you like me to do that? You really don't want to make me do that.

And yay for including a style that people cant even agree on what makes it so that may accounts for no more than a few dozen releases and may even have been named retroactively like that sophistic-pop.
  • GustafAronsson over 6 years ago

I know this database is primarily for electronic music, but I still find it ridiculous that we have close to a hundred electronic styles but no Baroque Pop and/or Sunshine Pop. Also worth including is K-Pop (I mean, why not since J-Pop is included). I think Proto Punk could be added as well. It's not as clear a style as some other ones, but then again we have Indie Rock, Classic Rock, Leftfield etc. And if those aren't unclear I don't know what is.

Moreover, I advise that Classic Rock must be removed.
    – Cato the Elder

GustafAronsson
    I know this database is primarily for electronic music,

It used to be, not anymore.

Not that that's a bad thing, just a thing :)
  • Jarren over 6 years ago

It's ok DetroitBootyBass, I was the one who linked to the Wiki page.

I just linked it to give people who didn't know Space Disco an idea of the music, admittedly I did not read the page.

I assumed the music would speak for itself.

And yes Jayfive, I know citing Wiki pages is a dumbass thing to do. I regret doing it now.

I should have just linked to the music.

Jarren
    And yes Jayfive, I know citing Wiki pages is a dumbass thing to do. I regret doing it now.

Havent we had this conversation before? ;)

Besides the music I collect suffers from the same thing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorcore
    "Terrorcore is a difficult music style to describe because everyone has different interpretations of the music. "
    WAT.

Also:
    "Less melodic than other gabber"
    Oh aye, because gabber is well known for it's use of melody. Phuxache.
  • GustafAronsson over 6 years ago

Jayfive
    It used to be, not anymore.

Not that that's a bad thing, just a thing :)

Then the styles should better reflect that change.

Not that I really care too much about styles or genres anyway, I just thought the ones I mentioned were glaring omissions.

Haha, I was just about to bring up Terrorcore!

And yes mate, we have had this conversation before. Respect for remembering ;)
  • pianoman74 over 6 years ago

zin
    and +1 to Cosmic Disco / Space Disco ;)

OMG, put the blame on me for even mentioning it ;)
  • Mr.Slut over 6 years ago

"Minimal Electronics" would be nice for the early 1980s lo-fi electronic experiments. There were tons of releases esp. on cassettes during the early days of affordable synthesizers. Most of them are currently tagged either "electro" which does not suit them very well, or simply "minimal" which (at least as I see it, refers more to Steve Reich, Phil Glass and the likes).
  • pianoman74 over 6 years ago

pianoman74 edited over 6 years ago
    Hmmm...electronic minimal. If I remember correctly, this might as well fit very well on that (unofficial, but very common) Flexi-pop (scene) compilation series here: A Tribute To Flexi-Pop
    When I was avidly listening to these, I had come across lots of tracks in the style you were just trying to describe. (Please note that the Style descriptions on the volumes themselves are usually given as "New Wave, Synth-pop" which are greatly inexact.)

And what about Liaisons Dangereuses from Germany? Pretty close too...
  • Mr.Slut over 6 years ago

pianoman74
    : A Tribute To Flexi-Pop

exactly... some tracks might already fall into Synth Pop

pianoman74
    And what about Liaisons Dangereuses from Germany? Pretty close too..

yup.

Also a lot of stuff re-released on Was Soll Das? Schallplatten, WSDP, Kernkrach (and sublabels) etc.pp

On blogs usually the terms "Minimal Electronics" or "Minimal Synth" are used.

• zin over 6 years ago

Ugh lets just have "Synth". Minimal + Synth = all happy

People have also been asking for "Synth" for artists like Jean-Michel Jarre, who is obviously not Minimal.

I'm not too fussed with the current system, where those early 80's bands are tagged "Minimal, Synth Pop"

You can even use "Minimal, New Wave" for bands whose songs are not Pop based.
  • lovinyl_br over 6 years ago

I suggest that the 'favela funk' style would be replaced by 'brazilian funk' , as the term 'favela' is derogatory and nowadays there are Brazilian Funk styles that doesn't come from slum (Favela).
  • PabloPlato over 6 years ago

or Baile Funk even.

lovinyl_br
    the term 'favela' is derogatory

Maybe some Dutch guys can help me here, but wasn't Gabber a derogatory term against ravers from Rotterdam who actually embraced it and made it their own?
  • jval over 6 years ago

jval edited over 6 years ago
    I think we need to define what "Euro House" is since we now have two styles which are almost the same: Euro House and the new Eurodance.

Eurodance is quite clear. It's electronic synth-pop / pop house/trance which is popular especially in Europe.

Euro House... It was used in the early days for the same category when the music had more of a club sound still (eurodance started to sound later more pop than what it was in the beginning). Compare e.g. Cappella from the early days to the newer Eurodance and you know what I mean. Actually some of the early Cappella songs even contain lyrics stating "euro house" IIRC. :)

I think we could use Euro House for fast house which has a bit of Eurodance feeling but is clearly also house. You know, for the club type of Eurodance. These style issues are hard to explain but perhaps you know what I mean. Euro House is Cappella, sometimes Klubbheads, maybe JX, Motiv 8, etc., right? :) Eurodance is, well ICE MC and that type of music.

So perhaps the tag Euro House is useful and shouldn't just be changed to Eurodance. With Euro House we would be able to tag the specific sound... Of course a combination of Eurodance and House would do the same though. But there's a difference: If we tag those as Euro House then you can search for that specific style. If you search for Eurodance+House you are actually searching for releases containing those two different styles instead.

I think this needs to be clarified. IIRC I've seen some people changing those Euro House type of releases to Eurodance. It might be a better idea to just add the Eurodance style too instead and reserve plain Eurodance for the more poppy releases.

Jarren
    Maybe some Dutch guys can help me here, but wasn't Gabber a derogatory term against ravers from Rotterdam who actually embraced it and made it their own?

I've heard from multiple sources that it was what hardcore fans in 1991-92 called each other. It was roughtly analogous to something like 'geezer'.

It's not used much these days because it kind of specifically referrs to the stuff from 92 to about 96 when everything went all happy hardcore thanks to Elstak's sudden desire to be a pop star.

jval: I think we should keep both. Euro House was, as you say, that 1988-1992 sound with lots of pianos & screaming diva vocals (usually just Disco samples). Almost entirely Italian as far as I know, and we have Italo House here as a style already too (IIRC?).

Eurodance is that sound that started around 1993. Big synths, rapping, catchy melodies. Cappella - U Got 2 Let The Music, 2 Unlimited - Let The Beat Control Your Body, Antares - Ride On A Meteorite, Corona - Try Me Out etc.

Jayfive: Thanks mate. I read it was a kind of insult (you know, like saying scouse house is "chav music"), nice to know it wasn't quite so snobbish.
  • jval over 6 years ago

jval edited over 5 years ago
    So the description of Euro House there actually describes Eurodance? http://reference.discogslabs.com/wiki/Style-Guide-Genre-Electronic

I wonder could the staff replace current "Euro House" tags from releases to "Eurodance"? It will take years if users are supposed to do that manually...

Wikipedia defines Euro House as a subgenre (substyle in our terms) of Eurodance. If we keep it we need a clear definition of what it is and which kind of songs it can be used for.

You probably meant it's something like: Jinny

Whatever you call the style, there's a difference between Motiv 8 and Captain Jack, or between JX and E-Type, isn't there? :) Even old Captain Hollowood Project sounds different to the newer Eurodance like Daddy DJ.

Of course we have the same problem with House and Trance. They are very wide styles... :) E.g. Brooklyn Bounce isn't really the same at all as, let's say Giuseppe Ottaviani. I wish there was a way to tag those differently, not that it's related to this Eurodance vs. Euro House issue of course. :) Edit: Well... Unless we start to tag those as Eurodance too... ;)

I guess it depends here how narrow or wide the definition of Euro House is. If people think it as a very narrow one it might make more sense to just get rid of it completely. E.g. I don't think we should keep it if it's really only for Italian releases from 1988 to 1992. :) But if it can be used widely it could be useful.

Edit: One definition could be that Euro House is music for the clubs and Eurodance = modern Europop, or something like that. So perhaps it isn't purely about the music but about how commercial the music is/was.
  • Mr.Mystery over 6 years ago

* Style Name (required): Progressive Breaks

* Alternative Names: Progressive Breakbeat

* Genres (required): Electronic

* Description (required): Rather than the faster and more bass-oriented breakbeat and nu-skool breaks, progressive breaks is more closely related to progressive house and progressive trance. It is slower (120-130 BPM) and focuses heavily on evolving pads and melodies.

* Examples (links to at least 3 releases) (required):
    Airwave - Atlas Winds / Chiricahua
    Three Drives - Greece 2000 (track B2)
    Shiloh - Bleed
    Luke Chable - Melburn / Into The Storm
    Bedrock - Forge
    Wrecked Angle - Back To Babylon

* Associated Styles: Breakbeat, progressive house, progressive trance, ambient

* External citations - The style request must come with at least three trustworthy external citations of it's use.
    https://pro.beatport.com/genre/breaks/9/releases?subgenre=38
    https://www.mixcloud.com/tag/progressive-breaks/
    http://www.last.fm/tag/progressive%20breaks
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/progressive-breaks-vol.-4/id634954249

• synthetixsounds over 6 years ago

synthetixsounds edited over 6 years ago
    Style Name: Synthwave
    Alternative Names: Outrun, Retrowave
    Genres: Electronic

Description:
    Musically, synthwave is heavily inspired by new wave and the soundtracks of many 1980s films, videogames, cartoons and television shows. Composers such as John Carpenter and Tangerine Dream are frequently cited as influences. The style is mainly instrumental, and often contain 80s cliché elements in the sound such as electronic drums, gated reverbs, analog synthesizer bass lines and leads, all to resemble tracks from that time period. However, synthwave also includes elements, such as a loud, sidechained bassline, from modern electronic music genres, such as electro house.

Aesthetically, synthwave gives a retrofuturistic perspective, emulating 1980s science fiction, action, and horror media. In this sense, it can be considered the inverse of vaporwave; while the latter expresses disdain for 80s culture, synthwave expresses nostalgia for it. Examples of this aesthetic may be viewed in films and video games such as Drive, Hotline Miami, and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

In 2005 French Electronic Musician David Grellier began making music under the name College. In 2008 he released the EP "Teenage Color" which, because of its structure, chord progression and sound character is very characteristic for synthwave as a genre, can be looked upon as a starting point of the style as we know it today. In an interview Grellier says his music is influenced from "80's soaps and an aesthetic which I particularly like: color, images, silvery films and the sun – images of Los Angeles, Chicago and all of the other cities that [...] continue to fascinate me". In 2011 he released the album "Northern Council" and the same year the track "Real Hero" with Electric Youth, that was featured in the movie Drive which drew more attention to the music as a genre.

During the same time period, French artists Lifelike and Anoraak contributed to the synthwave sound with similar musical references: Anoraak states in a 2014 interview: "American pop culture is definitely my background as a kid. I was born in 1980, so I grew up in a world taken by American music and movies."

Following the movie Drive, several artists emerged influenced by the sound and the imagery of the movie. Swedish artist Mitch Murder was one of the other early artists starting in 2009, and paved the way in introducing the video game music as a part of the Synthwave sound.

During the same time period, several independent record labels emerged where the main focus was releasing artists in the retroesque synthwave genre, such as Telefuture Records, Rosso Corsa Records, Future City Records, and Future 80s Records.

Apart from the early artists College and Kavinsky, a significant number of artists have emerged. The darker sound from Kavinsky has been carried on by artists such as Power Glove, Lazerhawk, Perturbator, Lost Years, Dynatron and Waveshaper, and the more easy-listening heritage of the genre brought by College, Lifelike and Anoraak is continued by artists like Miami Nights 1984, Futurecop!, Timecop1983, Sunglasses Kid, Le Cassette, Betamaxx, Robert Parker, Highway Superstar and Phaserland.

Com Truise also describes his music as synthwave. Other synthwave artists include Magic Sword and Cold Cave.

Following a successful crowdfunding campaign in 2014, the movie Kung Fury further lifted Synthwave into a mainstream audience, with both its visual language from 1980s cop and Sci-Fi movies, combined with a soundtrack containing several artists from the Synthwave scene.

Examples:

Miami Nights 1984 - Turbulence
    Sellorekt / LA Dreams - Lightspeed
    Kavinsky - Nightcall

Associated Styles: Synth-Pop, New Wave, Soundtrack, Electro

External citations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthwave
    http://www.letoilemagazine.com/2014/04/09/we-will-rock-you-welcome-to-the-future-this-is-synthwave/
    http://www.last.fm/tag/synthwave
    https://bandcamp.com/tag/synthwave
    http://www.nerdglow.com/stuff-you-hear/music/7-essential-synthwave-artists/
    http://glitchslap.com/synthwave-if-tron-and-megaman-had-a-music-baby/
    http://www.noecho.net/lists/synthwave-10-artists-keeping-the-80s-soundtrack-spirit-alive
    http://driveradio.be/
    https://pro.beatport.com/release/synthwave-vol-1/942052
  • zin over 6 years ago

+1 from me

Plus I echo again the need for Synth style as well

agreed, Synth is much needed also, there are a lot of releases that could use "Synth" instead of "Electro".
  • zin over 6 years ago

I've also seen Minimal, Synthpop or even Experimental used on releases that are "just" Synth
  • assaiki over 6 years ago

How come that schranz, witch house, etc has been added already, but more popular/broader styles are still missing?
    Psychedelic chillout for example...
  • ahr2nd over 6 years ago

Make a proposal!

assaiki
    How come that schranz, witch house, etc has been added already, but more popular/broader styles are still missing?
    Psychedelic chillout for example...

Schranz I understand. It's that big, f**k off 150bpm distorted hard techno sound. Witch House, I thought I knew. Until I tagged a release as such, and was quickly shot down...

Glass Body

Psychedelic chillout? Sauce plz ok thx.
  • assaiki over 6 years ago

ahr2nd
    Make a proposal!

I can't, my english is weak for a task like that.

Jarren

lol

Speaking of Electronic Styles (as we were), what is the general consensus on the style of this track:

June Nights South Of Siena

I'm torn as to what to classify it as exactly, but Deep House just seems wrong.
  • 0bleak over 6 years ago

Since we're currently adding some more styles under Rock, can we please add Bass Music under Electronic (see the request on Page 1 from about a year ago).
  • ultimathulerecords over 6 years ago

Again, a call for some more simple non-dance/techno orientated styles.

These should be self-explanatory with no need for explanation...
    Synth (simply music played on synthesizers, very common with 80s cassette releases)
    Melodic
    Instrumental

As with Tim Stebbing - Into The Exponential where I say in the submission notes: not exactly ambient, but no other style on Discogs fits, i.e. there's (no) "Synth" genre, nor "Melodic" nor "Instrumental"

Not all synth music is Ambient or Berlin-School, and as Discogs already has Synth-Pop...

synthetixsounds edited over 6 years ago
    so lets see, it's been 10 months since nik responded to this thread.

10 months.

good luck getting anything added at this point if he's going to keep ignoring this thread like he has been.

September 2014, nearly a year and not one response from the only person who has the power to add new styles.

pathetic. This whole process is a major FAIL if it's going to take years to respond to peoples requests for new styles.
  • zin over 6 years ago

^ actually Diognes_The_Fox can add styles as well

ultimathulerecords
    Melodic
    Instrumental

Neither of these are styles, really, and could go with any genre of music.
  • ultimathulerecords over 6 years ago

Ah, but they are both lacking here on Discogs!

Yes, and that was the reason.
  • C-Dog over 6 years ago

Gabbahead
    Euro House is (was) simply the Discogs word for (Euro) Dance. Where's Hands Up? ;-)

Is this thread still active? If yes, I'm also still missing "Hands Up" (sometimes also called "German Hands Up" because there are many German producers).

There are thousands of releases on Discogs which perfectly fit to that style. They are tagged as "Hardtrance" oder "Trance" at the moment, but Hands Up sounds more commercial than those styles, has a pitched bass and more a pop music structure. For example compare Armin van Buuren's works (Trance) to for example DJ Gollum's (Hands Up). More examples are Cascada (early releases), Rob Mayth or DJ THT.

If needed, I can write an "official request" as described above.
  • ahr2nd over 6 years ago

C-Dog
    If needed, I can write an "official request" as described above.

However sympathetic I may be, I think that will indeed be needed.

• C-Dog over 6 years ago

So here we go!

Style Name: Hands Up

Alternative Names: HandsUp or Dancecore (sometimes also called "commercial trance")

Genres: Electronic

Description. Normally produced at 140-150 bpm, Hands Up is a more commercial style than Trance or Hard Trance. The song structure is also closer to pop - more "party-like" and with harder off-beat bass and strong kickdrum - and often with vocals. Hands up came up in the early 2000s in Germany and had its most public attention in 2002/2003 where many songs entered European hitlists (mostly in Germany, but also other countries). It has developped from Hard Trance and Eurodance. Today, this style is still produced (mostly in Europe).

Artists:
    Early Hands up:
    - Groove Coverage
    - Special D.
    - Mark 'Oh
    - Rocco
    - Pulsedriver
    - Cascada
    - Jan Wayne

Today:
    - DJ Gollum
    - DJ THT
    - Rob Mayth

Examples:
    DJ Gollum Feat. Felixx - Electrified (Most Global Airbeatz releases fit to Hands Up)
    DJ THT Feat. Angel Lyne - Santiano EP
    Rob Mayth - Fanatic
    A list of the latest releases can be found here: http://www.handsupwillneverdie.de/releases/. There are thousands of releases at discogs, that are falsely tagged as "Hard Trance" or "Trance". For comparison: Trance and Handsup. Trance can also be much slower than Hands Up. Hard Trance has less melodic and "happy" parts than Hands Up and sounds much "harder" - example.

Some Labels:
    Aqualoop
    Mental Madness
    Andorfine
    YAWA Recordings
    Dropout
    Munix Records
    Big Beef!

Associated Styles. Hard Trance and Trance, Eurodance

External citations:
    (Wiki - German) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hands_up
    (Fan site - German) http://www.handsupwillneverdie.de/releases/
    (German online radio specialized on hands up) http://www.technobase.fm/

Notes
    Please add Hands Up as there are regularly new releases, where this style should be used. Thanks!
  • jaseywacey over 6 years ago

dani72
    Style Name: Afro House

Please please please!

dani72
    Blackcoffee
    DJ Mujava - Township Funk
    Iklwa Brothers - The Eminence EP
    Andy Holder Presents Ethnic Integrations - Culture

Add DJ Fudge to that list and Boddhi Satva and Hallex.M and Abicah Soul etc. etc. etc.
  • fluxie over 5 years ago

I would like to request the last 2 key styles missing in the entire electronic/house music list
    * Style Name: Deep Techno
    * Style Name: Nu-Disco

*genres: Electronic

Anyone familiar with house music knows this, in case i can give some releases of it.
  • ahr2nd over 5 years ago

fluxie
    Anyone familiar with house music knows this, in case i can give some releases of it.

I think it's best to assume that you'll need to supply as much information as is asked of us.

fluxie edited over 5 years ago
    I want to keep it as easy as possible:

Nu-Disco is a combination of House and Disco and very popular last 3 years.
    Two examples which make the style clear in 1 time are:

Kant - Hurt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG1ZZmj1KW0

Finnebassen - When Doves Cry
    https://soundcloud.com/carolina-gomez-alcala/finnebassen-when-doves-cry

The style is last 3 years on beatport huge
    https://pro.beatport.com/genre/indie-dance-nu-disco/37

and on traxsource as well
    https://www.traxsource.com/genre/17/nu-disco-indie-dance/top

The wikipedia page is giving no to the point information so is not helpful at all.

Deep Techno is a combination of deep house and techno and very popular last 2 years especially by Guy J and similar DJ's

A few examples which make the style very clear:

Eelke Kleijn - Eenvoud (Navar Remix)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXkx2P0laik

Attila Jahanvash - Morning Glory
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzvNSgNAho

Guy J - Stolen Memory [Unreleased]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvCmQf_US8

There is no information available on websites as it is deep underground music.

Furthermore i must agree with one of the posts above in this topic that the style progressive breaks is missing. It was very popular in 2003-2005. Most releases in this style on discogs are tagged under the breaks category which is originally not meant for the mixture of breaks and progressive house.

Finally the category DJ Tools is missing. Sometime DJ's add them to their EP's
  • Newtown11 over 5 years ago

Newtown11 edited over 5 years ago
    gonna try to make this specific but concise enough, hopefully. thank you for your consideration!

Style name: Funkot

Alternative names: Funky kota, as well as a bunch of substyles and names specific to Indonesia (see notes)

Genre: Electronic

Description: Originated in Indonesia in the 90s and rooted in the amalgamation of electronic dangdut with trance, eurodance, happy hardcore and other sounds; it's distinguished by its high speed (180 BPM+), triplet bass kicks, heavy syncopation, cowbell, sudden BPM/style switchups (known as a "down beat") and its liberal usage of vocal fills, drops, and melodies from other songs—it often sounds like everything is happening at once, and really quickly. it's very much its own thing, and slotting it into the styles Discogs already has doesn't work very well. Its history is a bit cloudy as it's only gotten a few mentions in English-speaking press, and only quite recently (the bulk of information on it is in Indonesian or Japanese, and I'm not fluent in either). The Japanese DJ Jet Baron (Mandokoro Takano) came across it in 2009 and quickly spread the word about it, and it subsequently has become a common style explored by J-Core artists and gained a small Japanese following.

Examples:
    ~ All releases by Dugem Rising + DR North East (Japanese) http://www.discogs.com/label/329922-Dugem-Rising
    ~ All Shiso Records releases (Japanese) http://www.discogs.com/label/330018-Shiso-Records
    ~ DJ Jet Baron(g) - Funky Kota! 1+2, compiling Indonesian funkot and some Jet Baron works
    http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Jet-Barong-Funky-Kota-House-Music-From-Indonesia/release/1983738
    http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Jet-Barong-Funky-Kota-2-Happy-Hi-Speed-Groovin/release/1984901
    ~ Anime-Project http://www.discogs.com/artist/4188995-Anime-Project
    ~ DJ ANDY (Japanese release of Indonesian tracks) http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Andy-NRC-Top-Remixer-Single-Koleksi-1-DJ-Andy/release/6259725

Associated styles: Dangdut, Happy Hardcore, Trance(euro/hands-up/etc?)

External citations:
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013/06/27/music/sincerity-is-the-new-ecstasy-in-funkots-summer-of-love/
    http://www.mtv81.com/features/interviews/hyper-yoyo-get-yavay-and-do-the-funky-kot/
    https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Funkot/ (quite spare at the moment)
    http://patrickmacias.blogs.com/er/2013/04/on-hy4_4yh-ticckkee-operation-yavay.html
    Japanese: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3%E3%83%83%E3%83%88
    Japanese: http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/funkot

Notes:
    ~ Most releases here that would be marked as funkot are Japanese—a lot of individual Indonesian funkot releases are distributed as private mp3s or CDs, while more pop-friendly "house/disco dangdut" sounds such as Ria Ameilia and Melinda and more obscure regional singers appear on sparsely documented CDs, VCDs, and cassettes. Much of the straight-from-Indonesia funkot you can hear without digging through mountains of blogspots is on Youtube in the form of mixes.
    ~ In Indonesia, it's called a multitude of names—funkot, funky kota, dangdut disco (disco as in discotheque—still a common name for clubs there—not capital-D Disco), funky house/house music/dangdut house/Indonesian house—while it isn't House the proper sense (and obviously, many clubs in Indonesia play every possible strand of actual house music), its roots go way back to the introduction of electronic music there in the 80s, so it being called house is understandable—as well as just simply "dugem" (from "dunia gemerlap" referring to clubbing and the nightlife, although this term stretches back to the earliest days of dangdut, and can refer to any part/music involved in the term "nightlife"). substyles include hardfunk and the slower style known simply as "breakbeat" (different but related to traditional Breakbeat) but i'm not splitting hairs.

1 month ago i made a request for music style adds, no admin of discogs has judged the requests yet?
  • brandon_end over 5 years ago

fluxie
    Finally the category DJ Tools is missing. Sometime DJ's add them to their EP's

Under the Hip Hop genre "DJ Battle Tool" exists.
  • 0bleak over 5 years ago

DJ Tool is not necessarily the same thing a DJ Battle Tool
  • Diognes_The_Fox over 5 years ago

fluxie
    1 month ago i made a request for music style adds, no admin of discogs has judged the requests yet?

I'd be happy to take a look. Can a link be provided to the thread?

Diognes_The_Fox
    fluxie1 month ago i made a request for music style adds, no admin of discogs has judged the requests yet?

I'd be happy to take a look. Can a link be provided to the thread?

It's this thread. We're also still waiting for Bass Music to be added from page 1.

0bleak
    It's this thread. We're also still waiting for Bass Music to be added from page 1.

Bass Music exists under Hip Hop

Yes, but it should also really be available under Electronic. There are tons of new releases in modern Bass Music which aren't getting the tag because it's not under Electronic - it's also a different meaning of Bass Music.

Newtown11
    Style name: Funkot

synthetixsounds
    Synthwave

C-Dog
    Hands Up

fluxie
    Nu-Disco

These all look pretty in line. Any objections?

fluxie
    Deep Techno

I'd like to see some more external resources before it's ready to be added.

fluxie
    DJ Tools

I think this would be covered under DJ Battle Tool or be something that is more related to the track structure rather than something that'd fit under Genre/Style

basically, Bass Music is one of the biggest electronic style names of the last few years and the fact that it can't be simply added under from Electronic is kind of ridiculous... even giant stores like Juno have it as a genre

I will look into it. I am not sure if creating a style with the same name as an existing one under a different genre will cause any undesired effects. It may not be too big a deal.

Bumping for further exposure before I go forward

It may be worthwhile also to take a look at the process so I can better get styles added more efficiently as I am taking on a lot more of these responsibilities.

More resources deep techno..
    Deep Techno Mix.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Q589tv930
    Listening the mix makes clear the tracks in this genre dont fit techno neither deep house. Only Deep Techno suits.
    Radiostation broadcasting Deep Techno: http://www.deeptechno.fm/
    Beatport: Top 10 deep techno tracks https://pro.beatport.com/chart/top-10-deep-techno/218300
    There is more on the web available than at first sight...

Funkot, Nu Disco, Hands Up and Synthwave are now in.

I'll look more at deep techno when I get a moment.
  • zin over 5 years ago

yesss! thank you for Synthwave!

now only Chillwave is missing from the most recent ones :D I could swear someone made a request for it already, but cannot find it.
  • Jayfive over 5 years ago

Jayfive edited over 5 years ago
    I find it absolutely ridiculous that Hands Up has been allowed in. The idea that a style that is given a different name in one country from the rest of the world is allowed in based on a wikipedia page and a fansite is absurd. It's eurodance. Just a particular iteration of Eurodance.

Compare with that Funkot stuff which very clearly is something different and unique. I listened to some of it and I think it's given me diabetes. The description of it above isn't wrong - I felt like at any given moment I was listening to 3 tracks playing at the same time.

Please fix this error and remove Hands Up from the list of styles pending further investigation and a better case for it's inclusion. A german wiki page, a fan site and a radio station shouldnt be enough.

I am concerned based on reading this thread that suggested styles are not being put to sufficiently strict proof before being given inclusion. For one thing wikipedia pages can be edited and are often highly biased in an attempt to create a name for a style rather than existing "in the wild".
  • Mr.Mystery over 5 years ago

Well, at least progressive breaks was completely ignored. Thanks.
  • C-Dog over 5 years ago

Jayfive
    A german wiki page, a fan site and a radio station shouldnt be enough.

It is not only those three who name it "Hands Up". If you asked the producers which style they produce, none of them would answer Euro Dance, because the style is actually called "Hands Up". (But you're right, it has developped from 90's Euro Dance, but has other new elements - more bass emphasized and hard trance elements for example.)

Some further links:
    http://djnessdownloads.forumsmusic.com/t50-what-is-hands-up-style <-- explanation
    http://www.last.fm/tag/hands%20up?setlang=en <-- more examples
    https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Euro-Trance/ <-- another explanation
    ... and of course many, many releases with the style - also in the name:
    http://www.amazon.de/s?rh=n%3A77195031%2Ck%3Ahands+up%2Cp_n_format_browse-bin%3A180848031&keywords=hands+up&ie=UTF8&qid=1448479136

In my opinion the style "Hands Up" should stay in the list - for keeping discogs up to date and the style selection accurate.

Jayfive edited over 5 years ago
    The problem is this is only what it's called in germany and nowhere else. It's not a style that orginated there, it was a name that was given to it unique to a country. Why should a localised name for it take precedent? Or are you saying it should be just german artists that have their stuff labelled as hands-up and something else for everyone else?

Also out of interest where did the name originate? I'm willing to put money on it being a dance music compilation CD just called that because it sounded like a good name for a compilation rather than trying to pigeonhole a music genre. But then people got the wrong idea and mistook the name of the compilation for the name of the music.
  • C-Dog over 5 years ago

I read somewhere that the producer of the act "Groove Coverage" DJ Novus introduced it in the the early 2000s for his new dance music style, but I can't give you a quotation for that at the moment. But it is definitely older than the compilation CDs on amazon.

Most of the Hands Up producers are German and that is where it is most popular. Maybe that is why there are so many German sources for this style (but the Spanish wikipedia gives some international artists aswell: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handsup).

You know what? You've sold me on it :)
  • zin over 5 years ago

No im being serious - I thought it was just a bunch of similar sounding stuff from all over given a name for convenience.
  • Jarren over 5 years ago

What about Hardtech Britcore Jumpstep?

...yes, I made that up.
  • phallancz over 5 years ago

phallancz edited over 5 years ago
    Style request: Sound Collage

Yes it's really more of a technique used in creating music than a style, but several other websites do use the term and since Cut-up/DJ is also a style on discogs i don't see why this cannot be added as style)

. Style Name : Sound Collage

. Alternative Names : none

. Genre : Electronic

. Description : Sound Collage s a technique where newly branded sound objects or compositions, including songs, are created from collage aka montage. This is often done through the use of sampling, while some playable sound collages were produced by gluing together sectors of different vinyl records. In any case, it may be achieved through the use of previous sound recordings. The term comes from the visual art form collage, which was this technique influence.

"The first documented instance of sound collage created by electronic means is the piece "Wochenende" (in English, "Weekend"), a collage of words, music and sounds created by film-maker and media artist Walter Ruttmann in 1928.

"Today audio collage may be thought of as Fluxus postmodern and a form of digital art. An example is George Rochberg, an artist well known for his use of collage in pieces including Contra Mortem et Tempus and Symphony No. 3"

"The art of sound collage... As Jon Nelson would say, it's made from "tape manipulations, digital desconsctructions and turn table creations." The genre and its various versions have lurked in the underground, artistic niches and in the least known musical recesses."

. Examples: Jar Moff - Commercial Mouth, Christian Marclay - More Encores, Negativland - Helter Stupid

. Associated Style: Musique Concrete, Noise, Cut Up

. External citations:
    - Wikipedia > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_collage
    - Last.fm > http://www.last.fm/tag/sound+collage
    - Free Music Archive > http://freemusicarchive.org/genre/Sound_Collage/
    - Allmusic > http://www.allmusic.com/subgenre/sound-collage-ma0000011959

. Notes: As was referred above Sound Collage is more of a technique than a style per se, but it's tag usage would be extremely helpful to differentiate noise records from sound collages which at the moment are used as the same, when they are not, also shown above is that now various other websites use this name as a genre, in my opinion the creation of this style tag would be helpful to differentiate releases all mashed together in the noise category.
  • serjio_from_tyumen over 5 years ago

HNW (Harsh Noise Wall) - was it already requested someday? a really different style compared to other noise stuff..

Diognes_The_Fox
    I will look into it. I am not sure if creating a style with the same name as an existing one under a different genre will cause any undesired effects. It may not be too big a deal.

There are a number of styles with the same name under different genres so I don't think adding Bass Music to Electronic should be a big deal.

Mr.Mystery
    Well, at least progressive breaks was completely ignored. Thanks.

Sorry! Added

phallancz
    Sound Collage

Added. this one is my style of choice to shamelessly self promote.

serjio_from_tyumen
    HNW (Harsh Noise Wall) - was it already requested someday? a really different style compared to other noise stuff..

I haven't seen a request yet. If a formal write-up is made/posted, I can look.
  • Mr.Mystery over 5 years ago

Diognes_The_Fox
    Sorry! Added

Awww yeah!
  • Unterhimmel over 5 years ago

Unterhimmel edited over 5 years ago
    Style name: Neo Trance
    Variations: Neo-Trance, Neotrance
    Genre: Electronic
    Description, notes: see below

Examples: http://www.discogs.com/Extrawelt-Soopertrack-Zu-Fuss/release/465692
    http://www.discogs.com/Ozgur-Can-The-Reclaim-EP/release/342924
    http://www.discogs.com/The-MFA-The-Difference-It-Makes/release/335616
    http://www.discogs.com/Pig-And-Dan-Monjon-Digital-Life/release/782555
    http://www.discogs.com/Gregor-Tresher-Guy-Gerber-Open-The-Gates/release/884470
    http://www.discogs.com/Chymera-Ellipsis/release/1347895
    http://www.discogs.com/J%C3%BCrgens-1/release/747446

Associated Styles: Trance, Progressive House, Progressive Trance, (Minimal) Tech House, Techno, (IDM)

External citations: https://pro.beatport.com/chart/beatport-origins-trance-neo-trance/81302
    https://www.mixcloud.com/discover/neotrance/
    http://www.decks.de/shop (go to Techno -> news -> more -> neotrance
    http://www.deejay.de/m_Trance/sm_News/substyles_309
    http://www.last.fm/de/tag/neo-trance and http://www.last.fm/de/tag/neotrance

Tags: melodic, dissonant, dark, minimal, progressive, trance, digital

As we have "Progressive Breaks" and "Tech Trance" now, I recommend to add the last (?) Trance/Progressive substyle, that is not yes in the database, called "Neo Trance".

Developed more or less by James Holden, Nathan Fake, the Border Community crew and the likes around 2003, it is some hybrid of Minimal Tech House and (classic) Trance with a darker untertone, sometimes IDM influencend, seldom Electro House influenced. Other than (classic/90s) Trance (Techno beat structure), the tracks mostly have Minimal Tech House beats, pads, percussion and are digitally programmed (software based). Some but not all of the tracks have a typical Progressive House progression throughout the track. Most of the tracks have some synth/Trance melodies, often more dissonant or minimal than in a typical Trance track. Bpm is around 126 -130.

It was "big" in the middle of the noughties, mostly around 2006/2007. Some of the Great Stuff Recordings output is Neo Trance, some of the newer Bedrock Records output is, some Kompakt tracks, some tracks by Chaim, Gregor Tresher, Guy Gerber, Extrawelt, The Mfa, Deadmau5, Dominik Eulberg, Aril Brikha, Guy J and others. It was used as a style by some big record stores at least from 2006 on. There are compilations, too: http://www.discogs.com/search?type=all&q=NEOTRANCE&layout=big

Thank you for your contribution.
  • jval over 5 years ago

Unterhimmel
    to add the last (?) Trance/Progressive substyle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trance_genres
  • _.Spitfire._ over 5 years ago

_.Spitfire._ edited over 5 years ago
    Style Name:
    J-Core

Alternative Names:
    Japanese Hardcore (and sometimes referred to as Nerdcore)

Genres:
    Electronic

Description:
    J-Core is a hardcore techno style that emerged during the mid 90's and was popularized by labels such as Sharpnelsound and ALiCE'S EMOTiON. Specifically, J-Core is a variation of Happy Hardcore and Gabber. It's known for fast-paced heavy sampling, often high-pitched vocals and incorporates many "otaku" themes, such as anime, videogames or typical japanese culture. More broadly, the term is also used as an umbrella term for a wide range of hard electronic music featuring these themes, ranging from jungle/breakbeat to speedcore. For a long time there was no term coined for this kind of music, but when this style gained international fame the term was coined around 2005 and from then on this style of music was referred to as J-Core.

During the mid 90's, Japan had a rich underground hardcore scene, but at one point the Japanese scene began to divide with one movement sticking to the original european style of hardcore (such as Bass2 Records and Teikoku Records), and another moving towards a "geek culture" kind of hardcore (such as Sharpnelsound, Toy Label and Murder Yacht School). This second movement was very much about self-made doujin (fandom) releases, not bothered by copyright since it was a very underground niche culture at the time. As a result, many albums feature unlicensed remixes and in recent years some labels have had to shut down the production of these albums or face consequences.

During the 2000's record labels such as ALiCE'S EMOTiON, C.H.S and X-Treme Hard started to emerge which brought a more polished sound to the scene and started to become more mainstream as the years progressed. At this time the scene also gained international fame. Various stores sold the albums internationally and events across the border started to happen too (such as Hardcore Synergy at Anime Central).

Nowadays, many of the artists that made a name for themselves in the 90's and early 2000's are commissioned for official remixes of anime or videogames or have original songs released on videogames like Beatmania IIDX, but the unofficial scene is still going strong and releases hundreds of new fan-made albums a year at events such as Comiket or M3 (Mixed Media Market) alongside the professionally licensed albums. Despite the amount of releases though, it is still a very fleeting and underground scene.

Examples:

Examples of 90's releases:
    高速音楽隊シャープネル - アタック ザ シャープネル = Attack The Sharpnel
    Various - Terror Macro
    Karatechno - 激突!カラテクノ
    DieTRAX - The Eight Bit Strikes Back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czS5nOdXH7g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYsUQDFNcn4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3KZ_nPPlI

Examples of 2000's releases:
    悲恋館 With Various - 瑠璃子
    Various - 10th Impact
    DJ Yousuke - J-Core Revolution
    Various - For The Lunatix
    Various - Atomic Ray
    Various - .Core
    J-core Masterz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh8mfG19ynU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAP077a7W08
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opM_l7NtyE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdK33aMs4O4

Examples of Officially licensed releases:
    Various - Ultra Reload Vol.1 Feat. あかべぇそふとつぅ‎
    Lia - Enigmatic Lia 4
    Veil (6) - Veil ∞ Denpa!!!

Associated styles:
    Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, Gabber, Breakbeat (and to a lesser degree, makina and speedcore)

External citations:
    External citations are a bit tough for this because it is quite a fleeting scene and many official websites have already died out so there are only a few newssources outside of Japan reporting on it, despite a growing market outside of Japan.

An article on Redbull Music Academy about J-Core:
    http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2015/01/j-core-feature

One of the most prominent stores for j-core:
    http://j-core.biz/ (for international buyers, the original site is http://guhroovy.com/)

A presentation DJ Technorch held about the history of J-Core (in Japanese)
    http://data.technorch.com/data/page/gbn633/gbn633.html

Nicovideo's description of J-Core (in Japanese)
    http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/j-core

An article about J-Core (in Japanese)
    http://gigazine.net/news/20150121-j-core-inside/

Not really sources but for good measure, here are wikipedia pages:
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-core
    https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-core

Notes:
    J-Core is quite a niche market, and has a very close-knit community in Japan with regular members attending the parties, but the major outreach isn't exactly via parties but via albums. For every attendee at a party, around 10 people buy a CD so the community is actually larger than it initially appears. This was explained by DJ Technorch in an interview but I can't find the interview anymore (as mentioned, fleeting scene!) so I put this in notes.
  • dsyn2spin over 5 years ago

I'd like to suggest something much more practical here.
    There needs to be a few more basic descriptors like
    "club" "uptempo" "downtempo" "jazzy" "crunchy"
    "mainstream" "underground" "dark" "uplifting"
    that way people who are not familiar with all the
    latest UK dance trends but want to add something
    new to the DB can make use of these more simplified
    terms to help describe the basic qualities of the music
    on said release. You have to realize that a lot of these
    kooky names for styles come from the UK where
    there's a new style coined for every week of the year.
    most people will just feel clueless when they see those
    styles in use, and will have no way of getting a basic
    idea of what the basic dynamics of the music is like
  • seppuku over 5 years ago

serjio_from_tyumen

Diognes_The_Fox
    I haven't seen a request yet. If a formal write-up is made/posted, I can look.

Requested by sdwilson last year on page 2 of this thread:

sdwilson
    Hello I am currently writting up a request but before I submit I would like to know hat can be classed as a valid citation for a new style? Would a link to youtube, bandcamp or soundcloud with the tag I wish to request qualify?
    The style I want to request is HNW (Harsh Noise Wall), it's qualities are distinct enough to be classes a unique style but because it is quite an underground music there are not many reviews on this style.

A quick request attempt:

* Style Name: Harsh Noise Wall or HNW

* Alternative Names: Wall Noise, Static Noise, Ambient Noise

* Genres: Electronic

* Description: Largely static, unchanging noise. "no dynamics, no change, no development, no ideas" - Vomir

* Examples (links to at least 3 releases):
    Various - Total Slitting Of Throats
    Werewolf Jerusalem - Static Studies
    Vomir - Claustration

* Associated Styles: Noise, Harsh Noise (this should be added also, it is not just Noise)

* External citations:
    http://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Harsh+Noise+Wall/
    http://bandcamp.com/tag/harsh-noise-wall (NSFW)
    http://thequietus.com/articles/15315-live-report-hnw-fest-iii
    http://www.discogs.com/lists/My-HNW-Collection/236337
    http://www.google.com/?q=hnw+noise
  • sdwilson over 5 years ago

I've actually had a draft request for HNW written up in my computer and ready to submit. It just needed some more work.
    I'll paste it below and edit it, if need be. By the way seppuku 's summary was bang on.

sdwilson edited over 5 years ago
    * Style Name: HNW

* Alternative Names: Harsh Noise Wall

* Genres: Electronic

* Description: HNW or Harsh Noise Wall can be defined as a long form, static noise piece with very minimal changes.
    The sound of a HNW piece is usually very dense and abrasive with heavy use of distortion and reverb.
    Some artists recognised as HNW include Vomir, Martyr Of Sores, Acerbitas, Dead Body Collection, Sleep Column

* Examples: Some notable HNW releases include RedSK / Sleep Column - Split, Vomir / Acerbitas - Vomir / Acerbitas, Martyr Of Sores - Speaking In Tongues , Team Electrics - Electrical Fire On A Metal Staircase, Light Collapse / Blue Spectrum* / The End Of Empire - Split

* Associated Styles: Noise, Power Electronics, Drone, Dark Ambient

* External citations:
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/Harsh-Noise-Wall-(musical-style)-(HNW).html
    http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=3474.0
    http://4ibrecords.com/2013/08/28/buried-in-sound-an-interview-with-vomir-by-roger-batty/
    http://www.decimationsociale.com/
    http://harshnoisewall.blogspot.com.es/
    http://harshnoisewall.freeforums.org/
    https://bandcamp.com/tag/harsh-noise-wall
    http://www.last.fm/tag/harsh%20noise%20wall

***I would like to add that the genre noise or harsh noise rather than harsh noise wall generally uses musical changes as well as instruments and that HNW does not and that is what makes it recognisable as a genre within itself.

As far as this noise battle thing goes, I'll just say that noise is anything and
    everything which is perceivable within the audible range of our hearing.
    It's purely subjective in all respects. There is no conclusive definition for
    noise and there never will be, but the most prevalent idea seems to
    be anything which is non-musical. However the argument that i'm
    hearing in this thread is that there needs to be a specific style indicator
    for making a clear distinction between noise that is generated within
    a musical idiom, and noise which is supposed to be completely detached
    from that idiom. Problem is, that it ends up being a moot point of it's
    own volition because every single release in the entire DB is
    some type of recording which has been produced for the purposes
    of entertainment. At the end of the day though, adding things like
    HNW is just going to confuse 99% of the people who encounter it.
    I feel like the current set of options for this kind of thing is still very
    adequate. simply select "noise" "experimental" and for stuff that's
    less musical use "non music" & "field recording". No reason to make
    things any more complicated than they really need to be.
  • serjio_from_tyumen over 5 years ago

dsyn2spin
    and for stuff that's
    less musical use "non music" & "field recording"

"Non-Music" can not be used for noise music, this tag is 100% not applicable for any music
    "Field Recordings" can only be used for field recordings
    for anyone into noise music the difference between "just noise" and HNW is very clear, if there are any doubts we can just use common "Noise" tag

experimental & noise when used together would seem to encompass
    most of that pretty well i'd think.

serjio_from_tyumen
    dsyn2spinand for stuff that's
    less musical use "non music" & "field recording"
    "Non-Music" can not be used for noise music, this tag is 100% not applicable for any music
    "Field Recordings" can only be used for field recordings
    for anyone into noise music the difference between "just noise" and HNW is very clear, if there are any doubts we can just use common "Noise" tag

Agree that non music if releases that don't contain music like interviews, audio books.

And yes there is a strong distinction just between noise and hnw.

So if non music can not be used to describe noise which is in a distinct style then shouldn't there be a HNW tag?

dsyn2spin
    HNW is just going to confuse 99% of the people who encounter it.

I could say the same for styles of other music. I think have showed enough in my links to describe Hnw.
    May be I'll post some differences as an example.

Okay these tracks are to show the difference between just noise and HNW.
    I have chosen what I believe is the most prominent for each style.

(please use headphones or stereo speaker for clarity.

First "just noise" (note that noise is an umbrella term that can mean anything that isnt musical but I have chosen what believe most noise fans would recognise as just noise or harsh noise) Notice how there are changes, vocals and doesn't fixed on a drone like HNW is
    https://justinmarclloyd.bandcamp.com/track/are-rock-hard-and-bodacious-raw-vocal-stem-2

Now HNW this is classic HNW there are no changes just pure static.
    http://aughtvoid.ca/track/boar-getting-lucky-on-talent-show-night

• zin over 5 years ago

we still need Ballroom and Chillwave

who's down to fill a req form?
  • Jarren over 5 years ago

Unterhimmel
    Neo Trance: Developed more or less by James Holden, Nathan Fake, the Border Community crew and the likes around 2003, it is some hybrid of Minimal Tech House and (classic) Trance with a darker untertone, sometimes IDM influencend, seldom Electro House influenced. Other than (classic/90s) Trance (Techno beat structure), the tracks mostly have Minimal Tech House beats, pads, percussion and are digitally programmed (software based). Some but not all of the tracks have a typical Progressive House progression throughout the track. Most of the tracks have some synth/Trance melodies, often more dissonant or minimal than in a typical Trance track. Bpm is around 126 -130.

Wow, I did not know there was a specific name for that sound.

Are we talking tracks like Myspace?
  • Unterhimmel over 5 years ago

Unterhimmel edited over 5 years ago
    Jarren
    Are we talking tracks like Myspace?

Yes, tracks like that and the ones I posted, for example.

Edit

Funny that you were already talking about the typical neo trance characteristics in your review about "My Space". Your own suggestions would fit in, too.
  • yourma2000 over 5 years ago

If not already done so I'd also supporting adding acid techno to the styles as suggested earlier.

I have asked to add the style deep techno a while ago, today i wanted to add it for this release http://www.discogs.com/Bearweasel-Things-EP/release/3287895 but i can't :(