• tony.lee over 6 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible that a package is on the way despite the USPS site showing just 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS' when entering the tracking number?
    I ordered the record on the 2nd September, was informed it was sent on the 4th. Upon checking USPS website today it just states what I said above, the last update being on the 3rd. Shouldn't it be now showing arrival, acceptance, and departure info? The package is US to Sweden.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
  • disneyfacts over 6 years ago

They may be keeping it until they have enough to send in a shipment to the airport. Or possibly they're behind on sorting the mail.

Thanks disneyfacts but the seller has informed me it's been sent on the 3rd when I asked earlier toady.

Just wanted to know if it's possible for USPS to show that despite the package having been accepted and gone through customs and such?
  • socalrecords over 6 years ago

When tracking shows "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" it can mean:

- The package could still be in the seller's possession.
    - The package could have been dropped off and is still being held/sorted by USPS.
    - The package could have been sorted by USPS and sent off without being scanned.
    - The package could be stolen/lost/misplaced.

Not much you can do but wait another 2-5 days and see whether the tracking updates. Recently, I had a package take 4 days before the post office scanned it and sent it out. Also, recently, I had a package stay at 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS' for 3 days and then show up as scanned at the buyer's local post office sorting center. You just have to wait and see.
  • Fauni-Gena over 6 years ago

I've had packages that simply weren't scanned at the originating post office. Case in point: a few days ago a buyer in Israel ordered something from me here on Discogs. The shipment stayed in the status you describe for several days and then the status showed the package had arrived in Miami. That means neither my local post office nor the sort facility in Greensboro had scanned it. It was still moving through the system.
  • DJMONEYMIKE29 over 6 years ago

Fauni-Gena
    I've had packages that simply weren't scanned at the originating post office. Case in point: a few days ago a buyer in Israel ordered something from me here on Discogs. The shipment stayed in the status you describe for several days and then the status showed the package had arrived in Miami. That means neither my local post office nor the sort facility in Greensboro had scanned it. It was still moving through the system.

This has also happened to me. About 1 in 100 packages. All arrived ok.
  • jackholexxxx over 6 years ago

My local post office never scans my packages unless I take it to the counter and make them scan it in.
  • socalrecords over 6 years ago

jackholexxxx
    My local post office never scans my packages unless I take it to the counter and make them scan it in.

My post office will scan my packages if I wait in line but, every time, they tell me that they aren't supposed to scan the packages themselves and that I'm supposed to print out a bring in a separate invoice sheet for them to scan. They have a reference print-out that supposedly outlines the steps on how to access the invoice sheet within PayPal but I swear I've tried multiple times and I can not find anything within PayPal's system that will give me the kind of sheet they are asking for.

Thanks for all the responses. I suspect it just a case of the package not being scanned. Being a European customer I'm used to the packages being scanned up until the point they leave the US, then it's just a case of waiting. I just not so used to the package not being scanned at all, although it may have happened, I don't check that often.
    I've contacted the seller once again and he shares my concern. He also adds this is not uncommon at his drop off point. Also from a customer perspective I have no concerns with this particular seller.
    Thanks once again.
  • Plastic-Demons over 6 years ago

I sent a 7kg parcel from the UK to Sweden with UPS on the 15th of this month, it was delivered on the 18th and the delivery report shows it being scanned in and out 18 times. It's only the second time that I've used them, but I can't fault their service or the tracking information.

The package did turn up with a possible slight delay. It was not scanned once during the 21 days it took to ship from the US to Europe. It's my understanding this happens occasionally.
    Thanks for all the replies.