• Weetzie over 3 years ago

Weetzie edited 11 months ago
    Hey all! Thanks to everyone who has reported Discogs app issues! We are working on improvements based on your feedback!

If you notice any bugs, please report them here. I'll keep a list of app issues updated below, so you know what we are working on.

Known Bugs:
    • The list of releases within Artist’s releases should be logically sorted and filterable.
    • The Barcode scanner icon sometime disappears (we are working on a fix, but in the meantime you can use the following workaround: From Search, tap the "x" to clear the search field, tap "return").

Fixed Bugs:
    • Autocorrect is currently enabled when Searching
    • Log out doesn't fully log out a user
    • App sometimes crashes when deleting a Collection item (this should be fixed. Please let me know if this is still happening!)
    • When viewing Wantlist and Collection from some devices the release year is cut off.
    • Appropriate error messages when offline
    • Search Dialog Box not expanding when clicked in collapsed menu view.
    • Permissions Refresh Error (Users receive a "Permission Refresh Error" instead of a more descriptive error.)
    • A release image wasn't loading (on the release page) in certain cases. (This should be fixed. Please let me know if there is an artist or release this is still happening to).
    • When a release date isn’t available, the date will no longer be displayed as “0”
    • HTTPS/SSL update
    • “The” Artist sorting (The Beatles will not be under “B” not “T”)
    • Update “Releases” page to be called Discography and link higher up on the Artist page, so you can easily access an Artist’s Discography/release list without scrolling through all the Band members
    • Missing Release images should now be displayed on the release page

Thanks again for reporting any bugs, crashes, or other issues you notice!

I encourage anyone interested to take our short Official Discogs App Survey. We are using the data from this survey to help prioritize which features we work on next.
  • jdmcfadden over 3 years ago

Why is the app so UK/Europe-centric? Everything I look at seems to prefer prices in pounds or Euros to dollars. For example, when I look at Fugazi's debut, the cheapest price is $12.00. But it says "For sale from 12 pounds to 24.99 pounds." Then when you look at the list it has the 12 pound one above the 12 dollar one when priced lowest to highest ascending. 12 pounds is much more than 12 dollars, and it should know where I'm located.
  • raitt75 over 3 years ago

App crashes when deleting from collection

raitt75
    App crashes when deleting from collection

Thanks! We received the crash report and we'll look into it. Are you running iOS 9?

jdmcfadden Thanks for the feedback! I agree, the localization and sorting of prices could definitely be improved.

Yes, running iOS 9.0.1
    Weetzie
    raitt75App crashes when deleting from collection

Thanks! We received the crash report and we'll look into it. Are you running iOS 9?

jdmcfadden Thanks for the feedback! I agree, the localization and sorting of prices could definitely be improved.

• Noetic over 3 years ago

I don't see a way to remove something in my collection. Am I missing it somewhere? On iPhone 6s ios 9.0.1

Click on Edit in the top right corner.
    The the minus - sign in the red circle, then delete.

Noetic
    I don't see a way to remove something in my collection. Am I missing it somewhere? On iPhone 6s ios 9.0.1

• Noetic over 3 years ago

Ah! Got it. Was expecting to see a remove from collection button at the bottom of the record! Kind of like the add to collection.

raitt75
    Click on Edit in the top right corner.
    The the minus - sign in the red circle, then delete.

NoeticI don't see a way to remove something in my collection. Am I missing it somewhere? On iPhone 6s ios 9.0.1

You can also swipe left from the collection list view. When you swipe left you should see a red delete button. :)
  • zakyfarms over 3 years ago

zakyfarms edited over 3 years ago
    How do I add a release to the discogs database? I just bought the US vinyl of the new Los Lobos LP, Gates of Gold. Trying to add to my collection. Barcode scanner comes up empty, and the only existing listing is for the European CD.

Edit: I added the release from the main site. Doesn't seem possible from the app?

zakyfarms
    How do I add a release to the discogs database? ... Doesn't seem possible from the app?

Correct, It's not currently possible to add a release to the database via the app. It's certainly a feature we will consider adding in the future though. We figure that most people would rather use a full keyboard when entering all the data needed for submitting a release. However, starting a draft via the app by adding images from your phone's camera might be a feature that could save time for database contributors.
  • jrzjefe over 3 years ago

jrzjefe edited over 3 years ago
    Overall, that's a good looking beta so far. Only found one real bug (which looks like you already logged but included if you needed another release to regression test this issue), the rest are low level usability issues I found. Also, I added a few feature requests to improve the experience in the survey monkey.

FYI - I’m on iPhone 6s running iOS 9.0.1

BUGS

B01 - Getting “Permission Refresh Needed” dialog box when viewing specific release.

Not sure what is causing this error. when I view this release “Supersuckers ‎– Special 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Box Set” release the error pops up. I thought it was the use of the track listing headings in this release but I was not able to replicate when I viewed another release with track listing headings. Good luck on this one.

Screenshot A - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22807056/B01a_error-message-onclick.png
    Screenshot B - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22807056/B01b_error-message-onclick.png

Also, I noticed an issue in the 1st screenshot above where a long artist name is pushing the release year off the screen.

USABILITY ISSUES

U01 - Search Dialog Box not expanding when touch clicked in collapsed menu view.

Action to replicate: Click Menu icon, Click “Search”, click Menu again, touch click the collapsed search dialog box on the right of the screen and try to search for an artist. If I touch click the search dialog box I would expect the search to expand and open again.

Screenshot - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22807056/U01_menu-not-collapsing-for-search.png

U02 - In Wantlist and Collection list view, the year is getting cut off.

On my phone , it looks like the right side quick nav menu is clipping that last digit of the year, which is getting cut off on the right side.

Screenshot - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22807056/U02_release-year-clipped.png

U03 - The list of releases within Artist’s releases should be ascending chronological by release date (assuming you want to mimic the website).

Not sure how the releases are currently being sorted, it’s kind of all over the place. Also, it would make sense to put the releases into categories (like the website - Albums, Singled & EPSs, Compilations, Misc.)

U04 - When I clear a search in the dialog box by clicking the “x” the keyboard disappears, and I have to click the search dialog box again in order to type.

When the search dialog box clears, it should stay on focus and allow the user to type a new query right away.

That’s about it for now, I’ll try out a few of the other features over the next few days. Keep it up, it’s looking good! jrzjefe.

Thanks for the thorough explanations and screenshots, jrzjefe! I had a few of those usability issues documented already, but a few of them are news to me, so your list is extremely helpful!

I'll keep you all updated on our progress!

jdmcfadden
    Why is the app so UK/Europe-centric?

We definitely plan to make improvements in localizing the app. We hope to eventually have easier options for filtering marketplace items, and the app will eventually be translated in other languages. :)
  • DFFSoundSystem over 3 years ago

Looking good so far, after the latest update my collection loaded a little slower than my initial attempt My collection is relatively large so it's nothing i wouldn't expect it's just when i first tested it was a lot faster.

Usability wise, it would be handy to have track titles fully visible, certain track listings with longer track names and mix titles don't display fully, making it difficult to double check the information or see if tracks are available in another format. Handy if you're looking for a louder promo pressing of a mix for example.
  • JupiterRoom1984 over 3 years ago

Greetings all.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, however when searching your collection, which filters based on the search field, after viewing an item and navigating back using the back button in the top left does not show search results.

Fantastic app though. Great progress.

DFFSoundSystem
    Usability wise, it would be handy to have track titles fully visible, certain track listings with longer track names and mix titles don't display fully, making it difficult to double check the information or see if tracks are available in another format. Handy if you're looking for a louder promo pressing of a mix for example.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll make a note of that.

JupiterRoom1984
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed, however when searching your collection, which filters based on the search field, after viewing an item and navigating back using the back button in the top left does not show search results.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll also make note of this issue.
  • DiNer0 over 3 years ago

I can't see that this has been reported, but sometimes when I refresh my collection, all the pictures disappears, sometimes they come back and sometimes I have to logout and reload the collection. I had this problem with Milkcrate as well.

DiNer0
    I can't see that this has been reported, but sometimes when I refresh my collection, all the pictures disappears, sometimes they come back and sometimes I have to logout and reload the collection. I had this problem with Milkcrate as well.

Thanks for the report!

That just happened to me yesterday, so it's good to know I'm not alone. I'll add that to our list of bugs to investigate. Thanks!

• pr138 over 3 years ago

Hello
    good news this app.
    First try and i found that when i do a LOG OUT when i go back to the app the LOG IN is done without asking the password
    Patrice

pr138
    when i do a LOG OUT when i go back to the app the LOG IN is done without asking the password

Thanks for the report, pr138! We noticed this too, and we have developers working on a fix right now. There should be a new app build coming out very soon that will address most of the reported bugs.

Thanks everyone for testing!

Hey all! We just released a new app build. You'll need to download the newest build in order to keep beta testing.

The newest build has fixes for the following bugs:

Autocorrect is currently enabled when Searching
    Log out doesn't fully log out a user

And improvements for these bugs:

When viewing Wantlist and Collection from some devices the release year is cut off.
    Permissions Refresh Error (Users receive a "Permission Refresh Error" instead of a more descriptive error.)
    Search Dialog Box not expanding when clicked in collapsed menu view.

However, we those last three bugs aren't fully fixed so we'll release another update soon.
  • pr138 over 3 years ago

Hello
    For me the "Log out" is ok.
    Still a problem with the search, it 's not possible to delete a previous search with the "x" at the right of the search field.
    Patrice

pr138
    it 's not possible to delete a previous search with the "x" at the right of the search field.
    Patrice

Thanks for reporting this! The "x" clears the search for me, but it must not be working on all devices. Do you know which iOS version you are running and the model of your phone?

• fleshEmutant over 3 years ago

Beta seems good so far. In the previous version, I noticed lots of missing items in my collection. I logged out and restarted the app. It reloaded my collection again and now some items I had entered in recently showed up and some old items are now missing. Also, I was getting a mysterious "OK" button, but not sure what I would be OKing since there was no info above it. I went ahead and tapped it and then it disappeared only to reappear again. I closed the app and restarted and it was gone, but seems to pop up if I reload my collection after a logout. Using iphone 5 with iOS 9. Cheers!

Thanks for reporting these bugs!

fleshEmutant
    Beta seems good so far. In the previous version, I noticed lots of missing items in my collection. I logged out and restarted the app. It reloaded my collection again and now some items I had entered in recently showed up and some old items are now missing.but seems to pop up if I reload my collection after a logout. Using iphone 5 with iOS 9.

This is the second report I've received that a collection sometimes doesn't fully sync. We're going to look into this... but if anyone else is experiencing this, please let me know! I think it's only an issue on certain models/OS combinations, so it would help to receive other reports.

fleshEmutant
    Also, I was getting a mysterious "OK" button, but not sure what I would be OKing since there was no info above it.

I haven't experienced that. Are you experiencing the mysterious OK button with the newest build we released today? Were you getting that OK button before today?
  • mwheelerk over 3 years ago

I did not read through the whole thread so I apologize if these have been mentioned.

When searching an artist the releases should be in chronological order

The list of releases should be segmented like the website so that there are the Album releases, Single and EP releases and Compilation releases. Right now everything is jumbled together and very difficult on an iOS device to find what you are wanting

Weetzie
    Are you experiencing the mysterious OK button with the newest build we released today? Were you getting that OK button before today?

I have Build 1.2.5 downloaded today. I don't remember having this "OK" button before. Here is a screenshot http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t457/theevein/photo_zps1rxasfyh.jpg It came up while My Collection was refreshing after logging in again. If I pressed it it kept coming back. After a few times I got paranoid and quit the app. When I started the app again it did not come up. Cheers!

Also, just curious, is there a way to refresh your collection without logging out of the app?

mwheelerk
    When searching an artist the releases should be in chronological order

The list of releases should be segmented like the website so that there are the Album releases, Single and EP releases and Compilation releases. Right now everything is jumbled together and very difficult on an iOS device to find what you are wanting

These updates are definitely on our list of list of improvements we hope to add over the coming year. You might not see these exact updates immediately, but better sorting and filtering options are coming soon.

fleshEmutant
    I don't remember having this "OK" button before.

Interesting, I haven't run into that "OK" button quirk before! Thanks for the screenshot, I'll see what we can figure out.

fleshEmutant
    is there a way to refresh your collection without logging out of the app?

Yes, if you swipe down from your Collection page or Wantlist page, the list will entirely refresh. It's perhaps not the most intuitive, and I've been wondering if a refresh/sync button, or better guidance is needed.
  • pr138 over 3 years ago

Weetzie
    pr138it 's not possible to delete a previous search with the "x" at the right of the search field.
    Patrice

Thanks for reporting this! The "x" clears the search for me, but it must not be working on all devices. Do you know which iOS version you are running and the model of your phone?

IPHONE 5, IOS 9.1
    Patrice
  • thesatinunderground over 3 years ago

I bought all the Christmas albums on my wantlist and moved them to my collection, but on the iOS app they still show on my wantlist and when I try to delete them I get an error about resources.

iPhone 6 with the latest iOS.

thesatinunderground
    I bought all the Christmas albums on my wantlist and moved them to my collection, but on the iOS app they still show on my wantlist and when I try to delete them I get an error about resources.

Thanks for reporting this! Rather than deleting them, can you try to refresh your Wantlist: from your Wantlist swipe down from the top to refresh/reload that list. Is the list now synced?

pr138
    IPHONE 5, IOS 9.1

Thanks, I'll look into this issue!
  • richard3rd over 3 years ago

How many folks are on the wait list?
    How often do you add new Beta users?

richard3rd
    How many folks are on the wait list?

Over 8,000 people signed up to test the iOS beta, and we can only include 1,000 iOS beta testers at once.

richard3rd
    How often do you add new Beta users?

It depends. We just released an updated beta version last week, and the old beta build expired. Users that don't download the newest version will be removed from the test after about a week, and then we can add some new testers.

Weetzie
    we can only include 1,000 iOS beta testers at once.

Let me revise that to 2,000 - TestFlight just announced that they are bumping up their limit to 2,000 testers. I'll add another 1,000 testers this coming Monday. :)
  • oww over 3 years ago

Hi there,

some things i noticed,...

- Album-Level: „Add to collection“ or „in collection“ button allows multiple additions without confirmation. Wanted behavior?
    - Collection-Level: No folders*
    - Collection-Level: No Marketplace indication
    - Collection-Level: No filter/sorting
    - Scanning-Level: Can´t import into a specific collection folder*

Thanks for your work!
    Oliver
    iPhone5/iOS9.1

oww
    - Album-Level: „Add to collection“ or „in collection“ button allows multiple additions without confirmation. Wanted behavior?

Thanks for the feedback! I've also noticed that this functionality makes it very easy to accidentally add a second release to your Collection by mistake. I know that occasionally some people want to add the same release more than once - so I don't think we should remove this functionality - but perhaps we should eventually add a warning. Something like:

This release is already in your Collection. Are you sure you want to add the release again?
    Yes | No

Does that seem appropriate, or does anyone else have other improvement ideas?

oww
    - Collection-Level: No folders*
    - Collection-Level: No Marketplace indication
    - Collection-Level: No filter/sorting
    - Scanning-Level: Can´t import into a specific collection folder*

We hope to add Collection sorting and filtering soon. I'm also investigating adding Marketplace statistics (is that what you mean by Marketplace indication? If the release is for sale, you should already see a price range on the release page.)

Adding folders has been suggested by a few other community members, and it's certainly something we will consider prioritizing sooner if we receive enough feedback in the App Survey asking for folders.
  • oww over 3 years ago

Weetzie
    ...perhaps we should eventually add a warning. Something like:
    This release is already in your Collection. Are you sure you want to add the release again?
    Yes | No

That could be a very good solution/workaround avoiding unwanted doubles.

Weetzie
    ... (is that what you mean by Marketplace indication?

I just miss a simple indicator that will show what items of my collection are currently also offers at the marketplace. A small spot, a different background, a tiny symbol,.... something small that tells you that you´re offering this item. ;)

Hey all,

We just released an iOS App update. There are several bug fixes and minor feature improvements. Let us know in this thread if you notice any issues.

If you have trouble accessing the app - make sure you go to the TestFlight app and download the newest Discogs app version. Older versions will eventually expire.

Thanks to everyone helping beta test the app!
  • pr138 over 3 years ago

pr138
    Still a problem with the search, it 's not possible to delete a previous search with the "x" at the right of the search field.

For me this bug is solved
    Patrice

Hi pr138,

Great! Thanks for letting me know! :)
  • anduine over 3 years ago

Weetzie
    Thanks for reporting these bugs!

fleshEmutantBeta seems good so far. In the previous version, I noticed lots of missing items in my collection. I logged out and restarted the app. It reloaded my collection again and now some items I had entered in recently showed up and some old items are now missing.but seems to pop up if I reload my collection after a logout. Using iphone 5 with iOS 9.

This is the second report I've received that a collection sometimes doesn't fully sync. We're going to look into this... but if anyone else is experiencing this, please let me know! I think it's only an issue on certain models/OS combinations, so it would help to receive other reports.

fleshEmutantAlso, I was getting a mysterious "OK" button, but not sure what I would be OKing since there was no info above it.

I haven't experienced that. Are you experiencing the mysterious OK button with the newest build we released today? Were you getting that OK button before today?

I just noticed I have about 50 entries in my collection that do not appear in the App. (Side note, same entries appear to be missing in Discographic. Once such example is Peggy Lee's "Pass Me By" - Mono issue.
  • mia2000 over 3 years ago

Hi!

Added a release to my collection last night (http://www.discogs.com/Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds/release/390866) using my desktop and Firefox. However, it's not showing up in my collection on the app (iPhone 6S with iOS 9.1).

Also, I think this has been mentioned, but it would be awesome to sort a collection within the app (such as by when items have been added, for instance).

Thanks!

mia2000
    Added a release to my collection last night (http://www.discogs.com/Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds/release/390866) using my desktop and Firefox. However, it's not showing up in my collection on the app (iPhone 6S with iOS 9.1).

Did you re-sync your collection after adding that release? Currently collections only sync when you log-in or swipe down from the top of the Collection page (it's a pull-to-refresh gesture).

It is entirely possible that you did sync and that item didn't load - I'm still investigating why certain items aren't syncing on certain devices.

We will add sorting and filtering for Wantlist and Collection soon. :)
  • mia2000 over 3 years ago

Re-synced and it showed up - thanks!
  • nelsorp over 3 years ago

I have a release in my collection, Bulging, that shows the album art on the collection list. However the art will not load once you click on the release. Clicking the bands name within the release pulls up the bands profile page, which loads an image, but the name of the band is now cropped off. This is the only place I have found this so far.

Collection View:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1211766/Discogs%20App%20Beta/IMG_1342.PNG

Release View:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1211766/Discogs%20App%20Beta/IMG_1343.PNG

Band View:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1211766/Discogs%20App%20Beta/IMG_1344.PNG

Thanks for reporting this nelsorp! I'll add this to our known bug list. The screenshots are very helpful!
  • defilosoof over 3 years ago

Cant get in to my discos store or the help&support forum. I get this: error code: 20116279

uri: http://www.discogs.com/seller/defilosoof/profile

defilosoof
    I get this: error code: 20116279

This should be fully resolved now! Sorry for the temporary inconvenience!

nelsorp
    I have a release in my collection, Bulging, that shows the album art on the collection list. However the art will not load once you click on the release.

We've diagnosed what's happening in this case, and the next iOS app update will contain a fix to address the issue. :)
  • anduine over 3 years ago

I have releases that will not show up in the App. One example is Peggy Lee - Pass Me By. This release is in my collection however never shows up in my app. On the web page my collection shows 832 entries. On the App I see only 778.

anduine
    I have releases that will not show up in the App. One example is Peggy Lee - Pass Me By. This release is in my collection however never shows up in my app. On the web page my collection shows 832 entries. On the App I see only 778.

Thanks for reporting this! We've received a couple other reports of this as well and we are looking into it!

If anyone else has examples of specific items that aren't appearing in their Collection when viewed via the app, it's very helpful for us. Thanks!

nelsorp
    nelsorp 21 days ago
    I have a release in my collection, Bulging, that shows the album art on the collection list. However the art will not load once you click on the release. Clicking the bands name within the release pulls up the bands profile page, which loads an image, but the name of the band is now cropped off. This is the only place I have found this so far.

This should be fixed. Once you download the new iOS version (check TestFlight Beta to see if an update is available), will you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue? Thanks!

The new update is pretty good. I like the sorting feature, but it would be nice to also have the option to sort Date Added like the website. I'm really happy that you sorted out the Artists alphabetically by name when there was a "The" in front (i.e. The Gun Club under G instead of T). It was so annoying when your had to scroll through all the "T"s to get to them before. Thanks! Keep up the fine work!

fleshEmutant
    it would be nice to also have the option to sort Date Added like the website

Definitely! We plan to add more Collection details eventually (Folders, Date Added, Media Condition, etc.) and then we can add more Collection sorting and filtering options.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
  • chrisdmcc over 3 years ago

Unable to swipe backwards or forwards. So if looking through a seller with filters applied if you add to the basket there's no way of returning to the previous page.

anduine
    I just noticed I have about 50 entries in my collection that do not appear in the App.

After you download the new App version (check the TestFlight app to see if an update is available) will you check to see if this is still an issue? I believe the missing Collection items issue should be fixed, but would love to have you double-check the fix. Thanks!
  • Jondabomb over 3 years ago

Not sure if its the App or Testflight, but since installing, my battery dies incredibly quickly. ios 9.2.1 6s
    Nevermind i dont think its this app
  • blogjam over 3 years ago

Great for quickly adding items to my collection, but if I use right-swipe and then the green 'Own' button, more often than not it adds multiple copies of that item to my collection (I've had it add the same item six times on once click).

Thanks.

blogjam
    if I use right-swipe and then the green 'Own' button, more often than not it adds multiple copies of that item to my collection (I've had it add the same item six times on once click).

Hmmm, I haven't received any other reports of this. To clarify - is the app adding the exact same release multiple times, or are you adding a master release to your collection and then all versions of that master release are added? Thanks for the clarification!

I played around with this a little, and I experience both. Like I added one master release, and it added six items to my collection, despite the master release only listing three versions.
  • klcscorpio over 3 years ago

Why can't I find the app in the uk App Store ?
  • Mr.Alb over 3 years ago

Me too. I can't find the app in the Italian store. Is there only an iphone app or also an ipad version?

klcscorpio
    Why can't I find the app in the uk App Store ?

Mr.Alb
    Me too. I can't find the app in the Italian store. Is there only an iphone app or also an ipad version?

The iOS App should be in the App Store by 10am PST, so by 6pm in the UK (so soon!). The initial version is for iPhones, but we may eventually add an iPad version.

If you haven't already, sign up here to get an email as soon as the app is live in the app store: https://www.discogs.com/app
  • vvinterrainbovv over 3 years ago

None of the album art loads in collection and wantlist for me. I have to go to the release and click on the album art and it takes a while for it to load. Is this a bug or just me?

vvinterrainbovv
    None of the album art loads in collection and wantlist for me. I have to go to the release and click on the album art and it takes a while for it to load. Is this a bug or just me?

Is this fixed for you now? If not, try logging out and logging in again. We received enough app downloads all at once that our image server was temporarily overwhelmed. An update was made that should have resolved the issue. Sorry for the temporary quirk!
  • vvinterrainbovv over 3 years ago

Weetzie
    komradkameraNone of the album art loads in collection and wantlist for me. I have to go to the release and click on the album art and it takes a while for it to load. Is this a bug or just me?

Is this fixed for you now? If not, try logging out and logging in again. We received enough app downloads all at once that our image server was temporarily overwhelmed. An update was made that should have resolved the issue. Sorry for the temporary quirk!

Yep - looks great! Also great job on the app, I've been using Milkcrate for a while now but this is much quicker and smoother!

vvinterrainbovv
    Yep - looks great! Also great job on the app, I've been using Milkcrate for a while now but this is much quicker and smoother!

Yay, thanks for the feedback! We have several other features and updates in the works, so even more improvements should be out within a few weeks. :)
  • isavedlatin54 over 3 years ago

Currently expierencing the "collection number doesnt match on my iphone." Thing.

isavedlatin54
    Currently expierencing the "collection number doesnt match on my iphone." Thing.

Sorry to hear that! Will you try the pull down to refresh gesture from the Collection list view? If that doesn't work, please try logging out and logging in again. Does the number sync now?
  • Conventionalrecords over 3 years ago

I uploaded more than 20 CDs in my Collection and browsed them to test The details. Now In my collection I see only 8 of them. What's happened?

Conventionalrecords
    I uploaded more than 20 CDs in my Collection and browsed them to test The details. Now In my collection I see only 8 of them. What's happened?

Will you also try the pull down to refresh gesture from the Collection list view? This should resync your Collection data. Does that resolve the issue?

Weetzie edited over 3 years ago
    *(duplicate post, sorry!)*
  • Conventionalrecords over 3 years ago

Weetzie
    ConventionalrecordsI uploaded more than 20 CDs in my Collection and browsed them to test The details. Now In my collection I see only 8 of them. What's happened?

Will you also try the pull down to refresh gesture from the Collection list view? This should resync your Collection data. Does that resolve the issue?

Yes! (Man of little Faith was I...)
    Thank you!

You're welcome! Glad to hear that resolved the issue! Usually any collection sync issue can be resolved with a quick refresh.
  • inasteen over 3 years ago

So awesome!

Found an issue with barcode scanning:

If you type in the search box, and delete the text with the "x" button, the barcode search button doesn't reappear.

inasteen

If you type in the search box, and delete the text with the "x" button, the barcode search button doesn't reappear.

I've noticed this too. There is a workaround - if you type in anything and hit search, the scanner reappears.

inasteen
    Found an issue with barcode scanning

We are working on a fix for this right now, so you should see an improvement in the next version we release. Thanks for reporting this!
  • TransmissionRecords over 3 years ago

Why does it show prices in everything from pounds , dollars and yen. ? For instance 15 available from. £2.66 to 4000 yen ? My default setting is uk pounds ? Minor gripe though living it so far
  • mrm643 over 3 years ago

I've recently downloaded the app and signed in... My Wantlist and collection have both synced but every entry in my want list has been doubled up in the app. Will this correct itself? My Wantlist on the desktop version is still correct.
  • alexpopp over 3 years ago

Apart from collection disappearing/reappearing ( eventually).The latest glitch is my collection has doubled in content. When is your next app update ?
    Thank you.

mrm643
    My Wantlist and collection have both synced but every entry in my want list has been doubled up in the app. Will this correct itself? My Wantlist on the desktop version is still correct.

alexpopp
    Apart from collection disappearing/reappearing ( eventually).The latest glitch is my collection has doubled in content. When is your next app update ?
    Thank you.

Sorry for the frustration! We will look into the cause of this. If either of you could give me any more info about what iPhone and iOS version you are using, that would be super helpful!

Although I'm not sure of the root cause of this glitch, it should be fixed with a quick resync.

Will you please try to resync your Collection in the app? You can do this by either logging out and logging in again, or by using the pull down to refresh gesture from the Collection list.

Does that work for you? Please let me know if you have any further questions! Thanks!

alexpopp edited over 3 years ago
    iOS 9.2.1(software up to date(
    iPhone 5

Log out ( but says I'm logged in ) collection gone now. ZERO collection.
  • jroost over 3 years ago

iOS 9.2.1 iPhone 6
    When swiping right to add a record to collection sometimes adds more than one of each item to collection even though only clicked once.

App won't open.
    Just twirly power spinning round and round ?

alexpopp edited over 3 years ago
    Latest all day. Shy, of 100 in my collection. Tried everything (twice)can't seem to get the remaining 100 in my collection, odd. Well did another hard boot, after clicking filter options got the high numbers/ collection back, then it crashed to 0 zero again, ho hum.

I guess I most be alone in this as the app doesn't work. Full stop. Exclamation mark!
    Iphone 5
    I've reported it to your team, and my info as been sent to another tream (App team)to look in to it. Still waiting for reply.

Thx for your time.

Hey alexpopp,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such trouble with the Discogs App! All crashes are being logged and we will be sure to investigate the issue you are having. We will also be sure to respond to the ticket you've sent in too.
    Thanks for your patience!
  • drinkBEER over 3 years ago

1. Log into app on one device, works as expected.

2. Log into app on second device, works as expected

3. Re-open app on first device. Still shows my account name and my collection. Try to use Search function and it shows message 'permission Refresh Needed.' Log out. Log back in. Works as expected.

4. Go back to second device, re-open app, still shows my account name and my collection. Try to use Search function and it shows message 'permission Refresh Needed.' Log out. Log back in. Works as expected.

5. Repeat in infinite loop.

So can I only access full functionality of the app on one device at a time? Is this intentional?

thanks.

When is the next app update?

Thx
  • replacements75 over 3 years ago

I've been having an issue with the app not updating my collection or want list when I add new items. I have to log out and log back in with the app and then they show up. Any one else have this problem?

drinkBEER
    So can I only access full functionality of the app on one device at a time? Is this intentional?

Hmmm, that's definitely not the ideal behavior. I'll see if we can improve the app's functionality for people who use the same account on multiple devices.

alexpopp
    When is the next app update?

Monday! :)

replacements75
    I've been having an issue with the app not updating my collection or want list when I add new items. I have to log out and log back in with the app and then they show up. Any one else have this problem?

I'm assuming you are adding items from your computer, and your Collection isn't updated in the app, right? We plan to make improvements to app Collection and Wantlist syncing in the future, but for now you need to manually sync - from your Collection view, swipe down (it's the standard Apple "pull to refresh" gesture). Does that work for you? Or have I misunderstood the issue? Thanks!
  • attfiecz over 3 years ago

attfiecz edited over 3 years ago
    Edit - fixed the issue.
  • doffice over 3 years ago

When i search a label and click through on the right result i only see the first 33 releases (of over 60). Not possible to scroll further or go to a second page whatsoever. T
    hanks in advance
  • Shades-of-Grey over 3 years ago

Shades-of-Grey edited over 3 years ago
    I apologize if this has already been brought to your attention. I read through quite a few things reported and did not see it.
    Also, I passed this on to the developer of the app quite some time ago before it was the official Discogs app and they never fixed it then. I don't know if they didn't understand the issue I was trying to convey or if they just couldn't find a fix.

When you do a search in your collection it only pulls from the first artist listed for the release.

Example:

Paul McCartney & Wings-Red Rose Speedway

If I search by Wings the item will not show up as a search result in my collection.

If I search Paul McCartney it does come up, but the only artist listed in the search result is Paul McCartney. It does not say Paul McCartney & Wings in the artist field of the search result.

If I type both artists as Paul McCartney & Wings into the search box then again no result is returned

Please message me if you need any further elaboration. Thanks.
  • js.jazzfunksoul over 3 years ago

js.jazzfunksoul edited over 3 years ago
    It seems the app does not refresh items in collection when I edit (delete/add items) my collection on website. Regardless that I removed an item on website, it still is being listed in the app collection. Closing the app also does not help.

Sorry - I recall the message, just found out how to do it ;)

doffice
    When i search a label and click through on the right result i only see the first 33 releases (of over 60). Not possible to scroll further or go to a second page whatsoever. Thanks in advance

Hmmm. That definitely shouldn't be happening. I'll make sure we look into this bug.

Shades-of-Grey
    When you do a search in your collection it only pulls from the first artist listed for the release.

Thanks for the explanation Shades-of-Grey! That hadn't been reported to me yet. I'm not sure if it's an app or API issue, but I'll look into it. Thanks again!
  • attfiecz over 3 years ago

attfiecz edited over 3 years ago
    Edit - fixed the issue