• Weetzie over 2 years ago

Weetzie edited 9 months ago
    Hi all,

The iOS Discogs app is available in the App Store for free: www.discogs.com/app.

Even though the app is public, we are hard at work developing new features, fixing bugs, and making general usability improvements. Because of this, we will continue beta testing new versions of the app as we add more features. Beta testers will have early access to new versions of the app, and have their chance to offer feedback before new features are released to the general public in the App Store.

Update: If you are interested in being added to the beta test, you can opt into beta testing from this link:
    https://ios-beta.discogs.com/

Once you sign up, you should receive an email from TestFlight the next time we add a beta build for testers.

For current beta testers, please post any feedback in this thread. That way we'll see your feedback as soon as possible (and know that your feedback is related to the beta version, not the public version).

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
    Kirsten
  • runskeeter over 2 years ago

I'd be happy to take part in the beta test.
  • Sir_Slowmotion over 2 years ago

If there are no special requirements, I'd also like to take part.
  • splorp over 2 years ago

Yes, please. I’d very much like to contribute to the beta test process. Thanks!

Hi runskeeter, Sir_Slowmotion, & splorp! Thanks for your interest!

I just invited all three of you. The email will be sent to the email address you have associated with your Discogs account.

I've added you all to the iOS Beta test. You should receive an email from TestFlight / iTunes. Keep in mind you need Apple's free TestFlight app before you can download the beta version.

Feel free to PM me, or email app@discogs.com if you have questions!

Cheers,
    Kirsten
  • Demonic16 over 2 years ago

I'll be pleased to be a beta tester!

Hi Demonic16 -
    Just sent you an invite! You should receive an email from TestFlight / iTunes. Remember to download Apple's free TestFlight app before you download the beta version (which is linked in the email).
  • elbarto666 over 2 years ago

Hi, if you're still looking for beta tester, I'm interested...
    Cheers

Hi elbarto666!

Thanks for volunteering! We are always looking for more iOS beta testers. I just added you, so you should receive an automated email from iTunes Connect about beta testing the Discogs app. Remember to download Apple's free TestFlight app before you download the beta version (which is linked in the email).

Beta testers have access to the new Collection details integration (view and edit media condition, sleeve condition, notes, etc.)

Let me know if you have any feedback or notice any quirks. Thanks!
  • iDealelan over 2 years ago

A day late for your most recent signup, but I would love to partake as well!

iDealelan
    A day late for your most recent signup, but I would love to partake as well!

I just added you to the iOS beta test! You should receive an automated email invite. Let me know if you have any questions.

The beta version has access to viewing and editing Collection details - let me know if you have any feedback about that functionality. Thanks!

New to this beta, didn't see another thread to post beta reports, so forgive me if this is the wrong thread.

Only one issue with the beta so far, though it's really more of an enhancement - the Folder field of the 'In Collection' section doesn't allow you to change the folder in which the item is sorted.

Only at first glance did I expect it to. Would be a useful UI addition, but I'm not sure if this delves further into the website's API than currently intended.

iDealelan
    Only one issue with the beta so far, though it's really more of an enhancement - the Folder field of the 'In Collection' section doesn't allow you to change the folder in which the item is sorted.

Thanks for the feedback! And yep, this is the right spot to give feedback. :)

We plan to add Folder editing very soon, so you won't have to wait for long.
  • Evil_White_Oppressor over 2 years ago

Are you still looking for beta testers? I do a lot of beta and app testing for work and would be interested.

Evil_White_Oppressor
    Are you still looking for beta testers?

I sure am! I just added you, so you should receive an automated email from TestFlight/iTunes connect about the Discogs beta test. Thanks for testing!

Search results revert on resync in Wantlist and Collection:

Access Wantlist or Collection
    Input search string into Search field (such as a specific Artist)
    Once results have filtered, drag down to resync
    Results revert to displaying all items despite Search field retaining search string

Found this in Wantlist by trying to resync the current marketplace data for a specific Artist.

Hi iDealelan, thanks for reporting this! We will keep this in mind as we improve the app syncing process. We hope to focus on improving app syncing this coming month.

Moving to the beta thread, cuz I'm dumb like that:

Few more suggestions for future marketplace integration, sorry for any potential echoes.

I assume a total collection value (minimum/median/maximum) would be available down the road, but is it possible for the app (and/or the site) to track daily data points to show gains and losses (yes, like stocks :P ), perhaps in a graph similar to Sales History on the site?

Think this would be a great addition, especially if there's potential for exporting collection details - many of us take the investment aspect of our collection [too] seriously.

And lastly - a Notes section to manually input the collector's cost for each item, whether purchased through Discogs or another retailer. Similar relevance as the suggestions above, maybe even tied to min/med/max values via formulas to calculate 'net' gains/losses?

I can also just keep using Excel :D

Thanks!
  • gatorjim57 over 2 years ago

I'd be happy to join the beta test.
  • lazysnorlax over 2 years ago

I happily would like to join the beta test!

Hi gatorjim5 & lazysnorlax!

I've added both of you to the iOS beta test. You should receive an email from TestFlight / iTunes about the beta invite. You will need to download Apple's free TestFlight app to beta test the app.

Please message me if you didn't receive the email or have any questions!

iDealelan
    I assume a total collection value (minimum/median/maximum) would be available down the road, but is it possible for the app (and/or the site) to track daily data points to show gains and losses (yes, like stocks :P ), perhaps in a graph similar to Sales History on the site?

Interesting, I'll keep this in mind. We definitely plan to integrate Collection Value data soon.

iDealelan
    And lastly - a Notes section to manually input the collector's cost for each item, whether purchased through Discogs or another retailer.

You can do this now from any release page (add to Collection or tap 1 in Collection) and you can add custom notes. :) Let me know if that's not working for you.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • spinundstrudel over 2 years ago

Hi, I'd love to beta test the app.

Hi spinundstrudel, great, thanks for offering to beta test! I've just added you to the iOS Beta test, and you should receive an email from TestFlight / iTunes with further instructions. You will need to download Apple's free "TestFlight" app to beta test the Discogs app.

If you didn't get the email, please send me a quick email to app@discogs.com using the email address you check from your phone, and I'll be sure to make sure a new invite is sent. Thanks! :)
  • conradlebuck over 2 years ago

i can test as a french canadian for constructive
    experiance

Hi conradlebuck, great thanks! I've just added you to the iOS Beta test. You'll have to download Apple's Test Flight app to beta test. You'll receive an email when the next beta version is available - and just open Test Flight to update the app.

Feel free to post in the forum or email app@discogs.com if you have feedback or questions. Thanks!

Hey iOS Beta testers! I've just released a new version for testing. Please let me know ASAP if you notice any issues! You can post here, PM me, or send an e-mail to app@discogs.com .

Thanks for beta testing!

Also, we have room for a few more iOS testers... so if anyone else is interested in being added to the iOS App Beta Test please just let me know. Thanks!

Hi iOS App Beta Testers!

I've just released a new Beta version of the app, so be sure to update the app via TestFlight.

If you notice ANY crashes or new issues with this version, please let me know ASAP. You can either post here, or email app@discogs.com

Also, we have room for more iOS (and Android) beta testers. If you are interested, please just let me know! (You can post here or email app@discogs.com).

Thanks beta testers!
  • JensLydtapet over 2 years ago

Does the new beta fix the issue where clicking Messages opens Safari?

JensLydtapet
    Does the new beta fix the issue where clicking Messages opens Safari?

Yes, it should fix that issue! Although I believe you can also fix it by just logging in and out again.
  • CosmicDandy over 2 years ago

I'd be interested in beta testing

Hi CosmicDandy,

Great, thanks! I've just added you to the iOS Beta test, but you might not receive an email until we release a new beta version. You'll need to install Apple's free app called TestFlight in order to beta test: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664?mt=8

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

I don't have any pending offers to test, but would the new Purchases section be expected to display those in line, or through another subsection, or not yet?

iDealelan
    I don't have any pending offers to test, but would the new Purchases section be expected to display those in line, or through another subsection, or not yet?

Offers aren't yet integrated into the app. We definitely hope to add in pending offers as we roll out more marketplace features - purchases are just the first step.
  • TheSuperVillain over 2 years ago

I'm also interested in beta testing the iOS App

Hi TheSuperVillain!

I've just added you to the iOS Beta Tester list in TestFlight.

You might not receive an email until we release a new beta version. In order to beta test the iOS App, you'll need to install Apple's free app called TestFlight: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664?mt=8

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Hey Beta Testers! I've just added a new version for beta testing!

• Version 1.8 (Build 1.8.7)

Check the TestFlight app to download the update.

Please report any issues you experience here or by emailing app@discogs.com
    Thank you!
  • veke71 over 2 years ago

I'll happily help out with the beta.

Hi veke71,

Thanks for your interest in beta testing the iOS App! I've just added you to our beta tester list, which means you should receive an email from TestFlight / iTunes the next time we add a new beta version for testing.

In order to beta test the iOS App, you'll need to install Apple's free app called TestFlight: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664?mt=8

The way TestFlight works is that each time there is a new beta version, you'll get an email reminder and then you actually need to got to the TestFlight app to download and install the new test version.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
  • iggy_ogg over 2 years ago

I'd be happy to beta test

Hi iggy_ogg,

Thanks for your interest in beta testing the Discogs iOS App!

I've added you to our test list, so you will receive an email the next time we release a new beta version (likely in about 1-2 weeks). To prepare, you can download the TestFlight app, which is needed to beta test any iOS App:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664?mt=8

• videoface about 1 year ago

Hi there! Still in need of more beta testers for iOS app?
    Keep on the good work! cheers!
  • Weetzie about 1 year ago

Hi videoface! Thanks for your interest in beta testing! I've just added you to the iOS beta test. You will receive an email the next time we release a new beta version.

To prepare, you can download the TestFlight app, which is needed to beta test any iOS App:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664

You'll receive automated emails from TestFlight when new test versions are ready, which will direct you to download the updated Discogs App version in TestFlight.

• jcaparin about 1 year ago

Hello! I'd like to be a beta tester if possible.

Hi jcaparin,

Thanks for your interest in beta testing the Discogs app!

I have just added you to the iOS beta test. You should receive an automated email from iTunes / TestFlight when a beta version of the Discogs App is ready to test. Generally we add new beta test versions every 2 or 3 weeks.

The email should explain the basics, but most importantly:

• In order to beta test, you need to download Apple's free app called "TestFlight": https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664

Once you have that app installed on your phone, just follow the link from the automated email (from your phone).

You can post any app feedback in the App forum or email app@discogs.com . Another good thing to know is that you'll receive an email from iTunes / TestFlight whenever we release a new beta version. The email will remind you to download the new test version from the TestFlight app. In other words you have to tap into the TestFlight app to update the Discogs beta app. I know it sounds a little confusing, but the automated emails should cover the basics, and feel free to reach out to us at app@discogs.com if you have any questions at all!
  • jcaparin about 1 year ago

Weetzie
    Hi jcaparin,

Thanks for your interest in beta testing the Discogs app!

I have just added you to the iOS beta test. You should receive an automated email from iTunes / TestFlight when a beta version of the Discogs App is ready to test. Generally we add new beta test versions every 2 or 3 weeks.

• In order to beta test, you need to download Apple's free app called "TestFlight": https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664

Once you have that app installed on your phone, just follow the link from the automated email (from your phone).

You can post any app feedback in the App forum or email app@discogs.com . Another good thing to know is that you'll receive an email from iTunes / TestFlight whenever we release a new beta version. The email will remind you to download the new test version from the TestFlight app. In other words you have to tap into the TestFlight app to update the Discogs beta app. I know it sounds a little confusing, but the automated emails should cover the basics, and feel free to reach out to us at app@discogs.com if you have any questions at all!

Thank you so much! :-)
  • satie_xd about 1 year ago

Hi there,
    I'm new in discogs, maybe a good premise for beta testing iOS.
    Wkr
    Satie

Hi satie_xd!

Thanks for your interest in beta testing the Discogs iOS App! I've just added you to that beta test!

Here are the basics...

You should receive an automated email from iTunes / TestFlight when a beta version of the Discogs App is ready to test. Generally we add new beta test versions every 2 or 3 weeks.

• splorp about 1 year ago

Just wondering. Will there be any more beta versions in the future?

splorp
    Just wondering. Will there be any more beta versions in the future?

There will be, sorry for the delay! We hope to have a new beta out in a week or two. Thanks for your patience!

I'll post an update here when we release the beta.
  • splorp about 1 year ago

Weetzie
    We hope to have a new beta out in a week or two.

Great! Thanks for the update.
  • allistercreer about 1 year ago

Is the beta program still open ? I'd like to test if possible

Hey all, sorry for the delay! We are getting a new beta build out as soon as the version is reviewed by Apple.

Hi allistercreer, I've just added you to the iOS App's beta tester list! You'll need to download App's free "TestFlight" app, and you should receive an email update as soon as we are able to release the new beta version.
  • kezzawd about 1 year ago

Hi - could you add me to the list for beta testing please ? Thanks

kezzawd
    Hi - could you add me to the list for beta testing please ? Thanks

Sure thing! I've just added you to the iOS Beta Tester group. You should receive an automated message from TestFlight / iTunes. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Thanks!
  • Sir_Slowmotion about 1 year ago

Hey there,

i don‘t know if this is a bug or intended to be, but whenever i click on an item in my collection or wantlist and then swipe/click back i‘ll land at the top of my list.

That bugs me 😬

iOS 11.3 / App V 1.22

Sir_Slowmotion
    i don‘t know if this is a bug or intended to be, but whenever i click on an item in my collection or wantlist and then swipe/click back i‘ll land at the top of my list.

Thanks for the quick feedback! We made some changes to speed up Collection sorting and sync times, but seems we oversimplified a few things. We'll address this ASAP.
  • Sir_Slowmotion about 1 year ago

Weetzie
    We made some changes to speed up Collection sorting and sync times, but seems we oversimplified a few things.

Addon: folder selection / sorting / filter settings are also reset, when going back to the overview from an item.

Sir_Slowmotion - Thanks! Yeah, that was the other oversimplification I noticed - we hope to get a fix out soon. Let me know if you notice any other sorting / filtering / folder quirks. Thanks!
  • jxa8057 10 months ago

Hi! I’d love to be added to the beta if you are still looking for testers.
  • Weetzie 10 months ago

Hi jxa8057,

Awesome, we are always looking for more iOS beta testers!

I've just added you, so you should receive an email from TestFlight with more details (you'll need to download the free Apple TestFlight app in order to beta test the Discogs app on iOS).

We'll have a new beta version released soon! The new version includes some major improvements to the app - so we look forward to getting early feedback from beta testers. Thanks!
  • splorp 10 months ago

So happy to see Marketplace buyer integration in the latest beta! Nice work!
  • chrisjlwalker 10 months ago

Hi there, I'd love to be added to the beta if possible!
  • Weetzie 10 months ago

chrisjlwalker
    Hi there, I'd love to be added to the beta if possible!

We would love to have you as a tester! I just added you to our TestFlight best test - you should receive an automated email from Apple with details. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Weetzie 9 months ago

Hey iOS Beta Testers!

Today we released build 2.0.0 (113) to beta.

This build includes:

- several buyer UX improvements based on feedback from users (thanks!)
    - the ability to filter a Seller's inventory by "In My Wantlist"
    - a new YouTube video player integration
    - more consistent design across marketplace views
    - a fix for the App icon issue some users were experiencing
    - several other stability improvements

Please let us know if you have any feedback or run into any issues. Thanks!
  • rom.ano 8 months ago

Hello, I'd love to be a beta tester for the ios version; from Toulouse, France. Romain
    Cheers!
  • Weetzie 8 months ago

rom.ano
    Hello, I'd love to be a beta tester for the ios version; from Toulouse, France. Romain
    Cheers!

We would love to have you join the iOS beta test! You can join here: https://ios-beta.discogs.com/

Let us know if you have any feedback once you get the beta version installed!

Thanks!
  • ottologue 8 months ago

Collection Tab BUG: Upon entering the app, when I click on Collection, there is a help box which refuses to go away. Please take away this feature as it is of no use. Tested on iPhone X and IPhone 7 Plus.

No matter what I do to the screen: the Catalog Your Collection BOX does not go away.

Please fix this!
  • Weetzie 8 months ago

ottologue
    Collection Tab BUG: Upon entering the app, when I click on Collection, there is a help box which refuses to go away. Please take away this feature as it is of no use. Tested on iPhone X and IPhone 7 Plus.

There shouldn't be any help box displaying in either app, so I assume you mean the "Collection is currently in Beta" survey that's on the website and mobile website? Correct? Sorry for the frustration, I'll pass along that feedback to our website team in charge of that survey.
  • Sir_Slowmotion 8 months ago

Sir_Slowmotion edited 8 months ago
    Not sure if this is a bug or if it's supposed to be:

When i'm in a folder in my collection and i swipe down (to refresh the data) the folder selection is unset after the the refresh is done and i land back at the top of my selection.
    (sorting and filter stays selected while and after refresh - in combination with folder selection the folder is unset, the rest stays as selected)

Edit:
    Version 2.0.2 (119) - iOS 11.4.1
  • Weetzie 8 months ago

Sir_Slowmotion
    Not sure if this is a bug or if it's supposed to be

Just tested, and yeah, I would say that's a bug.
    We have plans to work on some major Collection loading and display improvements - so hopefully we can fix minor quirks like this with that work. Sorry for the Folder weirdness in the meantime!
  • DrBassdrum 7 months ago

Why is my collection shown for a couple of weeks now in beta version? And my wife's collection shown in the normaal version? I find it very annoying at the moment to check my collection in the beta version! Both on desktop as on Android.
  • ottologue 6 months ago

Latest Testflight Update is not possible.

Is it possible for the admin to send another code via PM?

Error code: Unable to load app
  • videoface 6 months ago

iOS app is getting better and better but we’re still missing the seller features. Any plans for the future?
    Happy beta tester.
  • Sir_Slowmotion 5 months ago

Weetzie
    Sir_SlowmotionNot sure if this is a bug or if it's supposed to be

Just tested, and yeah, I would say that's a bug.
    We have plans to work on some major Collection loading and display improvements - so hopefully we can fix minor quirks like this with that work. Sorry for the Folder weirdness in the meantime!

Anything new about this topic?
    Latest version didn‘t fix it as well.

Version: 2.1.2 (4) - iOS 12.1