• radum about 1 year ago

radum edited about 1 year ago
    Ogger for Discogs is a web system which uses the Discogs API in order to provide advanced functionality for the Discogs community.
    The Ogger Club is the place where you can take advantage of all the system's features.

New Features:

Sort & Search your Discogs Lists

• Sort (ascending or descending) and search / filter a user's Discogs lists by: List Name, List Description, Creation Date, Last Modified Date.

Sort & Search a Discogs List

• Sort (ascending or descending) and search / filter an individual Discogs List by: Index, Type, Title, Notes.
    • Compact view of list.
    • Show list creation date and last modified date.

Download list items as CSV

Please note the project is still under active development so there will be things missing or not work as expected. Any problem reports are appreciated.

Discogs Group with project presentation: https://www.discogs.com/group/8060
    Project URL: Ogger Club
  • The_Beatles. about 1 year ago

I'm on a mobile at the moment but this looks interesting.
  • loukash about 1 year ago

Seems like a great idea. Thanks for making it available.
  • ahr2nd about 1 year ago

loukash
    Seems like a great idea. Thanks for making it available.

Still want Discogs to pick up the slack on lists, but this seems nice.
  • radum about 1 year ago

Thanks everyone! As opposed to my block sellers feature, this one is actually being used. CSV export coming up!
  • gatogato about 1 year ago

Thanks - this looks great!
  • radum about 1 year ago

Thank you gatogato!

CSV export is now available. There is a new button in the list view page “Download this list as a CSV file”.
  • loukash about 1 year ago

radum
    CSV export is now available.

Perfect! Thanks again!
  • radum about 1 year ago

Thanks loukash.

FYI I've noticed that if a list is newly created, it's not available straight away through the API, but it takes between 5 and 10 minutes for it to appear.
  • radum about 1 year ago

There were some problems discovered recently related to time-outs and “loading forever” pages. They are fixed now, with apologies for any inconvenience they might have caused. More info here: https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/735975
  • radum about 1 year ago

Mobile access is now enabled, but please note that you may not be able to take advantage of all the features if you are using a small screen device. More info here: https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/736172
  • IPickThingsUp 9 months ago

This is incredible! I have been compiling my collection info in a personal database with the goal of creating statistical views and I don't have to anymore! How can I help support ogger, either functionally or financially?
  • radum 8 months ago

Thank you very much IPickThingsUp, your kind and enthusiastic feedback is all the support needed!
  • edovan 8 months ago

Interesting! Haven't seen this before :-) What stuff do you have in the back-end?
    I have my own DB which contains data that isn't supported by Discogs, like original & reissue date, purchase date, location & price, artist country etc. Currently displayed here http://www.edovan.net/records but I'm currently reworking the whole setup, to add even more statistics and better functionality, using dataTables and svg charts for example :-)
  • radum 8 months ago

Hi edovan, thanks for you comment, I found your site very interesting and it already provided some inspiration for new features in the Ogger Club!

As for your question, all data is handled on Discogs, we don't store any user data locally (it's a strict rule not to have the user work in 2 places on their Collection).
    Instead in the Ogger Club, we just process and display the data using PHP.

Well, there is also some local functionality / data, for example the play log.
    We also have a copy of the Discogs data (via the monthly dumps) for easy access to advanced fields.
    But otherwise, all data is handled by the user on Discogs.
    (For example, if you want to use the Tags functionality in the Ogger Club, you have to go to Discogs and add a custom field in your collection).

As for the frontend, it's mostly Datatables for the data and Echarts for the charts.

There's a ton of ideas to implement, all sort of fun to be had with the data, unfortunately there's not much time to work on it.
  • edovan 8 months ago

radum
    There's a ton of ideas to implement, all sort of fun to be had with the data, unfortunately there's not much time to work on it.

That sort of sums up the story of my life in general and my personal websites in particular.... :-)

Currently the I have no plan for any major integration with Discogs. However, about 20% of my DB-entries have Discogs release IDs assigned, so I will use that for showing front covers and direct links to the Discogs release page.
  • radum 8 months ago

edovan
    That sort of sums up the story of my life in general and my personal websites in particular.... :-)

Seems this is some unwritten rule of sorts :)
    Somehow I think that if we had all the time we need, we wouldn't have nearly as much inspiration and ideas.

Best of luck with your projects and feel free to post when you update your collection with new features!