• silveur over 4 years ago

We would really appreciate if you could let us know when major changes happen such as the price field which has become original_price with some formatting. Also the documentation about listing isn't up to date.
    If I may suggest the currency formatting for €:
    { curr_abbr: 'EUR', formatted: '€6.00', value: 6, curr_id: 3 }

The € sign must after the value as: 6.00€

Plus what is the $ value for? Is it the equivalent dollar price from a certain market price or is it real time when querying?

Let us know cheers!
    Silvere
  • djcarbines over 4 years ago

When listing of sale, the dollar price is Us fee that discogs charges for selling. If it's on the inventory / list for sale then it's the equivalent price in US

Is it a real time market value field? That's my question really
  • brephophagist over 4 years ago

Hey all - our apologies. This is a bug and should be fixed shortly. I'll ping the thread again when it is.

Should be fixed as of just a minute ago - please let us know if you spot any issues.

Thanks, it seems to be back to normal
  • countfak over 4 years ago

So, we now have 2 fields for price:

"price"
    "original_price"

Which are actually the same. Is this gonna be permanent?

countfak
    So, we now have 2 fields for price:

"price"
    "original_price"

Which are actually the same. Is this gonna be permanent?

It's unlikely that it'll be permanent, but I doubt the redundancy will go away until the next version of the API is released.

I can explain why we added "original_price". Particularly to service our mobile apps, we wanted to include a richer price object in pretty much all API endpoints, that expresses all of the following data about a price:
    - the ISO abbreviation for the price's currency
    - the "id" of the currency (used internally, but we'll be exposing an endpoint that lists these)
    - a formatted version of the currency including the currency's own symbol, suitable for display
    - the bare numeric value of the price, without any formatting or symbol

This is the format you see with "original_price". The "price" key for inventory listings just has the value and ISO abbreviation for the currency. We didn't want to break any existing integrations, which is the primary reason for leaving both in place. However, for any new pricing info we add to the v2 API, it's pretty much a done deal that we'll use the more-expanded data format.

I know since I mentioned "next version of the API", someone's probably going to ask "When is that happening?" Short answer is: we're not totally sure yet, but once we are closer to a realistic launch timeframe, we'll definitely be asking y'all for input.