• badinage1958 over 4 years ago

Just a quick question....

Does anyone here use (either as a buyer or a seller) www.cdandlp.com ? If so, what have been your experiences?

Many thanks in advance
  • tam89rds over 4 years ago

I haven't used it for a few years but when I did it was pretty good. Found a few nice records and sold quite a bit too. Without problems.
  • Jarren over 4 years ago

I suppose if you're into Francophone material they could be useful.
  • shangalang over 4 years ago

i use it but very slow in sales.
  • garagehead over 4 years ago

Found some really rare Japanese 70's and 80's J-Pop and City Pop on there in 2016. Overall i had 1 poor transaction in the 10 + years of buy from the site.
  • DasVogt over 4 years ago

DasVogt edited over 4 years ago
    used it only 3 Times, got everytime what i ordered.
    but takes its time for the purchase process,
    mostly because the seller has to confirm that he is gong to sell to you what he listed. (dont ask me why)
    edit: just realized that it could be handy for sellers to avoid known asshole buyers
  • badinage1958 over 4 years ago

Many thanks for the responses :)
  • GruveRecords over 4 years ago

I feel like most of the sellers on there are the same sellers here. Could be wrong..But, I don't see the point of that or musicstack anymore. Very, very slow compared to Discogs. And, not much of a "community" the way Discogs is either.
  • eddiel over 4 years ago

GruveRecords
    I feel like most of the sellers on there are the same sellers here. Could be wrong..But, I don't see the point of that or musicstack anymore. Very, very slow compared to Discogs. And, not much of a "community" the way Discogs is either.

I'm surprised they are still around. I look at it from time to time but sellers on there hardly ever have what I am looking for and in the condition I'd like it in.
  • tomwaitsfan1 over 4 years ago

Hiya. I have just bought an LP off the CD&LP.com website. Anyone know why they are charging me a
    "TREATMENT FEE" of 1.45 euros?? Thanks. Den.
  • asheraz over 4 years ago

I recently bought a cd from that site and it was quickly shipped and in very good shape. So now I look there from time to time to see if they have what discogs haven't.
  • spatafore over 4 years ago

awful site, hard to browse, hard to communicate, really awful! they need a serious work on the site.
    I pass...
  • flipster over 4 years ago

tomwaitsfan1
    Anyone know why they are charging me a
    "TREATMENT FEE" of 1.45 euros?

Because you are using their site.
  • Weareonenation303 over 4 years ago

Bought from cdandlp once during December of last year. Bought from a chap in Brazil. CD bought was advertised as "Very Good" and it indeed was Very Good. Might use the website in the future.

The interface in cdandlp is indeed inferior to Discogs's good user interface. Though the interface is decent enough and I'm willing to buy from any site as long as the people who sell using these websites know how to grade.
  • HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS over 3 years ago

I am totally confused. Been on CDandLP for about 10 years. I upload about 30,000 titles to 6 similar sites with no problem but this year Therese and Sebastian who have for years been so kind and helpful have decided to stop any help to my account and now out of over 30,000 uploaded about 300 are showing and I don't know what could possibly be wrong with over 29,000 listings when so many other sites accept them all. They are not bootlegs, and most are brand new and sealed. Wish I could get some help again.
  • la-voie-du-sabre over 3 years ago

HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS
    over 30,000 uploaded

why do you have less than 500 listed on discogs?

I am totally confused. Been on CDandLP for about 10 years. I upload about 30,000 titles to 6 similar sites with no problem but this year Therese and Sebastian who have for years been so kind and helpful have decided to stop any help to my account and now out of over 30,000 uploaded about 300 are showing and I don't know what could possibly be wrong with over 29,000 listings when so many other sites accept them all. They are not bootlegs, and most are brand new and sealed. Wish I could get some help again.

nvm then

I am 70 years old and I am truly doing the very best I can on here. Sometimes, ok , many times I don't hit the right buttons. But here is the answer and I am not alone on being in this position. For the very same OBVIOUS reason so many other hundreds of vendors on Discogs don't upload as much as they carry. Format and information. Discogs wants much much much more information than any other site and that takes much much much more time than I have to spare. I put up as much as I can afford the time for.

I Wish I could upload everything I have but I can't . Even so, I am happy for the sales I get on here as for the amount I have up , I think my sales are good.

to answer both your pm and your post, discogs is, as you very well know, first and foremost a database. the marketplace was a later extension.

it's all founded on accuracy. the latter notably allows potential buyers to find the exact release they're looking for. it's too bad "vendors" such as yourself don't have the necessary time as i'm sure you have loads of interesting releases not yet in the database

on the other hand, it's indeed best you limit your interaction if you don't have the time and inclination to submit and list according to the current rules.
  • dolphyfan over 3 years ago

HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS
    Discogs wants much much much more information than any other site

This is because discogs' primary mission is as a discography. That we can buy and sell is a secondary, decidedly subordinate, afterthought. The cost of admission to sell things not in the database is that you need to add them before you can sell them.

I fully understand what and why Discogs does what it does and was not asking. I was responding to Sabre who asked why I don't have all 30,000 listings on here and I was just explaining why. I like Discogs. I use Discogs. I understand they are a different platform and I try my best to be a good vendor on here. I just wish I could put all I have for sale up on here.
  • oyabun666 over 3 years ago

HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS
    I try my best to be a good vendor on here

your feedback really doesn't show this.....

In my opinion, you are rude and are misinformed. In ANY industry , 98.6% positive rating is always considered good. It can be nothing less than good and I believe you must have other motives for such a senseless and erroneous presumption that anyone who has nearly a 99% rating is not trying very hard. That kind of rating does not happen by accident. I see nothing further to discuss with you. I posted looking for help and information not insults
  • Jarren over 3 years ago

Jarren edited over 3 years ago
    HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS
    In my opinion, you are rude and are misinformed.

No. He is just stating fact.

23 negatives & 21 neutrals out of 700 feedback show that something is amiss.

Are you addressing these issues?
  • badinage1958 over 3 years ago

I wish I hadn't started this bloody thread now!!!

Stupid questions get stupid answers. Nope, don't answer any of them. Got 98.6 by sheer luck.I made 700 sales and by sheer luck less than 2 % were not pleased. I try not to be rude but I don't know who you are , don't care for your not having much to do but argue over less than 2%.. I do my best and will continue to strive to do better and am eager to please my customers. I am not as perfect as you but few are and I am still proud of my 98.6 despite you and all those of you who have spent time demeaning my achievement . I see no point in continuing to answer any of you because not one has said anytying positive but more importantly Nothing helpful. Just wasting time picking on me. Bye.

badinage1958 edited over 3 years ago
    And relevant questions breed relevant answers (unless, of course, the questioned elect not to respond with anything other than aggression). I'm sorry but you only have yourself to blame for any negative comments (in this thread, I mean) because it was you, yourself, who asked the question about why your 30,000 listings have been severely curtailed in www.cdandlp.com.

You might be better advised to take the issue up with the owners of that site rather than ask people in here because, when all's said and done, no-one in here can rectify your issue; only those who own cdandlp can do that for you.

Sadly, you chose (and it was your choice) to compound the issue by being aggressive and accusing others of rudeness. I have gone through this thread and no-one has been rude to you. Some have pointed out that you appear to have less listings in Discogs than you claim to have had in cdandlp (some 29,500 less!) and that your feedback is less than 100%. How one feels about one's own feedback, and that of others, is a matter that is open for debate....

.... but that is NOT why I started this thread. I started it because I genuinely wanted to know whether or not cdandlp was worth my while investigating. You have chosen to use this thread as a diatribe against all and any who do not share your views.

No-one has questioned your honesty or integrity (please read back over the thread); no-one has stated anything which can be seen as being rude; no-one has been aggressive (except, sadly, yourself) - you left yourself wide open to questions because you could not substantiate your claims. These questions were not asked in a manner which could be construed as "rude"; they were questions which are valid and were asked because people genuinely wanted to know the answers. To omit c29,500 entries from Discogs strikes me (and this IS only an opinion) as being somewhat lax if one is then going to berate the owners of cdandlp (a site totally unconnected to this site) for not including them in their own marketplace. You should know, as a user of this forum, that there will ALWAYS be those who pick up on what you say and question it... it's human nature! That said, nobody has been overtly rude to you.

Methinks he protesteth too much! As my mammy once, wisely, said... "If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!".

Again, I now wish I hadn't started this bloody thread because all it seems to have done is invite argument, ridicule and anger. All of which his mildly amusing but, after a long stream of protesting messages, has become somewhat tedious!

I see people, like you, with much much much less listings for much much less time have so much to say after doing so little business. When you are on as long as me and have less than 200 listings and have been on for less than 3 years I might take you seriously but I consider you about the same as someone flipping burgers telling the manager how to run a place. I never asked for your opinion and rude people rarely think they are rude. In fact most people who actually say they don't mean to say anything rude are about to do just that. I never complained but asked a question. Instead of answering my question which was ,were you nor anyone else had an issue of uploading thousands of listings and , not being banned or suppressed as you and others , not rudely of course, have , shall we use a word more conducive to your obvious and blatant accusation that I might be lying you might first have been kind and intelligent enough to ask where else these same listings are being accepted and I could have told you to check music stack where I currently have
    CD (13,154) CD Box Set (1) DVD (8) Cassette (1,517) LP (13,920)
    2LP (9) 3LP (1) 4LP (6) 78 (1) 45 (6)
    7" (312) 10" (20) 12" (3) VideoNTSC (3) Book (1,198)
    Pic Disc (19) 7" Pic Disc (2) Postcard (2) Patch (36) Pin (1)

30,219 items listed. THE EXACT SAME LIST IN THE EXACT SAME FORMAT that I uploaded to CDandLP even in the CSV format they require, but of course you and others are not interested in being of any help. You are the very people I have seen DOZENS of complaints right on this site and the Music Stack Forum as being to be polite, Full Of Themselves. I made no claims that could not be justified or explained, you and your other long winded friends say much of nothing and if you were not busy questioning my claims could have politely asked where such a large listing IS being accepted but that would mean seaking out the truth which is not on your agenda. Looking down on someone because they have less than 2% rating is hardly more than boasting. Now if I had a feedback on here of 32% and was wondering about why so few listings you might have a point but you did not care to ask or even suggest a solution or anything like that and you also CHOSE to ignore the fact that I not only asked about CDandLP about why so many listings did not get on but gave the names of 2 of the 8 employees there that I did ask but you were too busy looking under rocks for dirt rather than read the English words written when you "suggested" not rudely of course, that I should ask them. That shows you did not bother to read the facts but were ignoring the written word to you could attend to your own agenda whatever that my be as it certainly was not helping; I NEVER meant to be on your question or session. I posed the question and it unfortunately ended up on yours.
    I was not bragging or complaining. I was just looking for some advice or help. Some people are kind enough to to that without all the hot air you expended. Your "mammy" was wise, too bad you heard it but don't follow it. As for being lax about listing on here, I have a Dark Side of the Moon that took less than 5 minutes to list on Amazon, MusicStack, Ebay,and other sites but on Discogs there are over 800 variations. Maybe YOU have the time to look over those 800 , find the one you have and then after whatever time that takes then go find another to list. As for me, I have no complaints about Discogs having 800 variations, I just don't have the time and that for most normal people is quite understandable and I have heard that same complaint from many. After sifting through 800 variations to find which one I have there would be little time for the 29,999 other listings but when someone with less than 200 tells me I am lax for not having the time to go through all that for 29,000 more listings I can see you have no grip on reality at all and are just looking to pontificate so go right ahead. I was looking for help not bluster and braggadocio. I asked Helene and Sebastian, maybe you were too busy mouthing off to read that part and Helene has basically said they don't know why 90% don't list but Sebastian does help now and then but neither has offered a permanent solution so I can make whatever changes I need to make to get them all up like the 30,000 YOU could have seen on Music Stack. Music Stack was mentioned, Sebastian and Helene were mentioned but somehow you missed all that but could not help with anything remotely helpful other than to focus on my proud 98.6% . Someday you may sell as many as 500 more items and when the first customer who , for no reason other than you catching them cheating you, gives you an unfair negative rating, not because you did not have it or have been ready to ship it but because they never paid and your oh so perfect drops from 100% FOREVER, THEN you might be a little more humane and humble. I need no advice from people like you. Most people on here are decent and quite helpful so I can only hope you keep your promise of this being tedious and leave me alone. I would rather deal with the nice people on here. I like Discogs and was just looking for help, not demeaning remarks over my 98.6 rating. Just wanted some advice.

Sorry, but I really couldn't be bothered to read through your aggressive diatribe, I have better things to do with my life (such as breathing, enjoying what life has to offer, etc.). Suffice to say that, yes, I don't have many listings (currently, 435 to be precise) but I wasn't aware that the number of listings was actually critical to participation in Discogs, either the database or the marketplace.

I am happy with how my listings have panned out and how sales have been. I hope you are happy too.... although I suspect that you're not :)

Have a nice day and accept that I will only respond to those who reference the original point of this post; to whit, discovering whether or not cdandlp.com is a worthwhile alternative to Discogs.

Moreover, I have NOT demeaned your 98.6 rating and I invite you to point out where, in my messages, you think that I did. Your rating is your business, not mine. My business is reading responses to my original post.

I do hope your troubled mind can find peace at some point during the next few days.... life really IS too short for anything other than peace and enjoyment
  • moltencore over 3 years ago

HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS Your post is both condescending and tedious. If you think that your neutral and negative feedbacks have no bearing on sales, think again. They say much about the kind of seller you are as do these pontificating posts in someone else's thread. Did you help the OP? Offer them the advice they are seeking? No. All about you.

moltencore - Thank you :)

I looked at their site, because I'd never heard of it as a place to sell until your post. IMO it is not seller friendly enough to warrant me listing there.
    Their Selling Fees:
    - 12.5% excl. VAT (15% incl. VAT) of the total of the order on the section between 0 and 150 Euros included.
    - 8.4% excl. VAT (10% incl. VAT) of the total of the order on the section between 150.01 and 300 Euros included
    - 4.2% excl. VAT (5% incl. VAT) of the total of the order on the section beyond 300.01 Euros

The payments for what you've sold there are given to sellers only 2x per month(!)
    - Between the 1st and the 5th of the month.
    - Between the 15th and the 20th of the month.

No thanks. I'll stick with Discogs. :)

I like Discogs. I think 98.6 while certainly can be improved, and will be worked on, but I have been around on many sites and never experienced the subliminal hate filled diatribes you people call help. 35 messages from people who claim to have no time. Ha. I won't be asking for help here again and really don't want to hear from any of you as there has been nothing kind, gentle, humane nor helpful here.
  • applecorped over 3 years ago

HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS
    I see people, like you, with much much much less listings for much much less time have so much to say after doing so little business. When you are on as long as me and have less than 200 listings and have been on for less than 3 years I might take you seriously but I consider you about the same as someone flipping burgers telling the manager how to run a place. I never asked for your opinion and rude people rarely think they are rude. In fact most people who actually say they don't mean to say anything rude are about to do just that. I never complained but asked a question. Instead of answering my question which was ,were you nor anyone else had an issue of uploading thousands of listings and , not being banned or suppressed as you and others , not rudely of course, have , shall we use a word more conducive to your obvious and blatant accusation that I might be lying you might first have been kind and intelligent enough to ask where else these same listings are being accepted and I could have told you to check music stack where I currently have
    CD (13,154) CD Box Set (1) DVD (8) Cassette (1,517) LP (13,920)
    2LP (9) 3LP (1) 4LP (6) 78 (1) 45 (6)
    7" (312) 10" (20) 12" (3) VideoNTSC (3) Book (1,198)
    Pic Disc (19) 7" Pic Disc (2) Postcard (2) Patch (36) Pin (1)

30,219 items listed. THE EXACT SAME LIST IN THE EXACT SAME FORMAT that I uploaded to CDandLP even in the CSV format they require, but of course you and others are not interested in being of any help. You are the very people I have seen DOZENS of complaints right on this site and the Music Stack Forum as being to be polite, Full Of Themselves. I made no claims that could not be justified or explained, you and your other long winded friends say much of nothing and if you were not busy questioning my claims could have politely asked where such a large listing IS being accepted but that would mean seaking out the truth which is not on your agenda. Looking down on someone because they have less than 2% rating is hardly more than boasting. Now if I had a feedback on here of 32% and was wondering about why so few listings you might have a point but you did not care to ask or even suggest a solution or anything like that and you also CHOSE to ignore the fact that I not only asked about CDandLP about why so many listings did not get on but gave the names of 2 of the 8 employees there that I did ask but you were too busy looking under rocks for dirt rather than read the English words written when you "suggested" not rudely of course, that I should ask them. That shows you did not bother to read the facts but were ignoring the written word to you could attend to your own agenda whatever that my be as it certainly was not helping; I NEVER meant to be on your question or session. I posed the question and it unfortunately ended up on yours.
    I was not bragging or complaining. I was just looking for some advice or help. Some people are kind enough to to that without all the hot air you expended. Your "mammy" was wise, too bad you heard it but don't follow it. As for being lax about listing on here, I have a Dark Side of the Moon that took less than 5 minutes to list on Amazon, MusicStack, Ebay,and other sites but on Discogs there are over 800 variations. Maybe YOU have the time to look over those 800 , find the one you have and then after whatever time that takes then go find another to list. As for me, I have no complaints about Discogs having 800 variations, I just don't have the time and that for most normal people is quite understandable and I have heard that same complaint from many. After sifting through 800 variations to find which one I have there would be little time for the 29,999 other listings but when someone with less than 200 tells me I am lax for not having the time to go through all that for 29,000 more listings I can see you have no grip on reality at all and are just looking to pontificate so go right ahead. I was looking for help not bluster and braggadocio. I asked Helene and Sebastian, maybe you were too busy mouthing off to read that part and Helene has basically said they don't know why 90% don't list but Sebastian does help now and then but neither has offered a permanent solution so I can make whatever changes I need to make to get them all up like the 30,000 YOU could have seen on Music Stack. Music Stack was mentioned, Sebastian and Helene were mentioned but somehow you missed all that but could not help with anything remotely helpful other than to focus on my proud 98.6% . Someday you may sell as many as 500 more items and when the first customer who , for no reason other than you catching them cheating you, gives you an unfair negative rating, not because you did not have it or have been ready to ship it but because they never paid and your oh so perfect drops from 100% FOREVER, THEN you might be a little more humane and humble. I need no advice from people like you. Most people on here are decent and quite helpful so I can only hope you keep your promise of this being tedious and leave me alone. I would rather deal with the nice people on here. I like Discogs and was just looking for help, not demeaning remarks over my 98.6 rating. Just wanted some advice.

98.6 is only good for a temperature.

Hi folks...... any chance we can actually get back to the question in the original post?

Just sayin' ;)

Agreed. HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS, if you wish to continue your conversation please feel free to create a new thread.
  • mjb over 3 years ago

I actually appreciate threads like this, because it helps me know who to avoid in the marketplace! Thanks, guys!
  • RockNurse over 3 years ago

This has been the most hilarious tangent I've read in weeks. I swear, I could get a book out of the Discogs forum one day - or, as I like to call a lot of threads, r/DiscogsTrolls. Meanwhile, back to the ACTUAL thread: I spent a little time on cdandlp.com yesterday, and I personally feel the layout is clunky, and the listings themselves are pretty careless to the point of frequently being sloppy. A ton of sellers don't bother with artwork, which isn't a deal breaker of course, but a lot of them don't bother with descriptions/comments, which IS a deal breaker. So I wouldn't even go the site unless I absolutely could not find the item I want on Discogs or eBay.

badinage1958
    Hi folks...... any chance we can actually get back to the question in the original post?

Just sayin' ;)

I did yesterday after I saw what they charge as commission and how they pay the sellers. :)

Just an update for the decent people on here who were kind enough to address my question and problem instead of attacking my words. At 70 I may not be up to snuff technically but I at least I try to get help when I can. I feel badly that some on here have so little class, compassion, or integrity that they feel the need to attack and expend time on things like 1.4% difference in feedback instead of trying to help someone who did not attack anyone but simply asked a question. Turns out CDandLP have more class than all those who instead of helping thought it more important to attack me. You lead sorry lives. Back to CDandLP. Both Helene and Sebastian have reached out to me and shown a willingness to try to fix whatever is going wrong. I only post this to show that they have and are addressing the problem. I appreciate the very very few who were kind on here and I especially appreciate Helen and Sebastian for showing such a willingness to help.
  • dubfunkoustic over 3 years ago

Does data protection law allow you to identify Belle and Sebastian in public like this?
  • FoundSoundsYYC over 3 years ago

It’s his Life Pursuit. ;)
    I tried hard to get an If You’re Feeling Sinister pun in here, but it just wasn’t happening.
  • 8892sales over 3 years ago

One of the biggest hi-jacks of any thread if there ever was one.

badinage1958 You have my sincerest sympathy :)
  • bdcd over 3 years ago

mjb
    I actually appreciate threads like this, because it helps me know who to avoid in the marketplace!

Ditto.
    Five or so in this thread alone.
  • shangalang over 3 years ago

Great reading:)

badinage1958 edited over 3 years ago
    8892sales
    One of the biggest hi-jacks of any thread if there ever was one.

badinage1958 You have my sincerest sympathy :)

Thank you :)

Between the posts of those whose ego clearly needed massaging and those who were suffering from a lack of attention, I did actually get some information about the cdandlp site and, to those people, my thanks..... especially moltencore and RockNurse.

As mjb and bdcd have stated, it has actually been a useful exercise in knowing who to avoid in the future!

On a general note, those who seek attention with their lengthy messages which bear no relation to the question asked in the original thread have only served to encourage me not to start any further threads. It seems there will always be attention-seekers, ego-maniacs and, quite frankly, idiots out there waiting to troll the first likely-looking thread that they come across to convince the world (well, the Discogs community anyway) that they are an aggrieved party, regardless of whether their issue relates to the question asked by the OP in the first place or not.

Peace..... life is too short, and I sincerely hope that I never read another word from (at least) one correspondent in this thread again in my short life :)

badinage1958
    On a general note, those who seek attention with their lengthy messages which bear no relation to the question asked in the original thread have only served to encourage me not to start any further threads.

Please, do not let this stop you. If you have any other questions, thoughts or opinions, open new threads.

Do not let this sour your experience with Discogs.

Jarren
    Please, do not let this stop you. If you have any other questions, thoughts or opinions, open new threads.

Do not let this sour your experience with Discogs.

Thanks, Jarren :)

Actually, my experiences in Discogs have been good. I often browse the forum and note that how, occasionally, the trolls get going and the posts go 'off-topic' but hadn't really seen anything like the fore-going in, this, my own forum post.

You're right about the new threads..... new topics should have new threads.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments :)
  • applecorped over 3 years ago

HARDTOFINDRECORDINGS
    You lead sorry lives.

Keep digging.....
  • lunarr over 3 years ago

I look at the CDand LP website a couple times a week....maybe to see the difference in pricing between records there and on discogs….sellers here seem to be much more 'in tune' with pricing …..Cdand LP has some rare stuff but you're gonna pay a premium compared to discogs….the BIG difference is they allow all sorts of unauthorized (bootleg) recordings versus the blocking of same items here....not a bad site-I've had no problems ordering...try it ..
  • hysteric over 3 years ago

This thread made my morning :-)

in regards to the original question:
    I used cdandlp sometimes in the past (as a buyer), it's good if you invest the time to dig through a lot of bad and/or overpriced French music.
    I find the communication can be a bit vague, but overall had good experiences there.

hysteric
    it's good if you invest the time to dig through a lot of bad and/or overpriced French music.

It's obviously centred towards Francophone buyers. So that's great if you want some French music.

But it's as useful as Musicstack if you want sales.

Still better than GEMM I suppose...

Many thanks, hysteric and Jarren for the info :)

hysteric
    This thread made my morning :-)

We aim to please :)
  • RockNurse over 3 years ago

Jarren
    hystericit's good if you invest the time to dig through a lot of bad and/or overpriced French music.

It's obviously centred towards Francophone buyers. So that's great if you want some French music.

But it's as useful as Musicstack if you want sales.

Still better than GEMM I suppose...

Whatever happened to GEMM anyway? Wikipedia doesn't say why it closed up shop.
  • TravelSickenssPills over 3 years ago

RockNurse
    Whatever happened to GEMM anyway? Wikipedia doesn't say why it closed up shop.

GEMM.com appears to have gone (Started by more_music over 3 years ago, 182 replies)