• Eponymous about 1 year ago

Is it normal for the app to ask me to log in nearly every time I use it? I seem to have to log in a LOT.

I'm using the version v.1.16 and iOS 11.2

Thanks.
  • DasVogt about 1 year ago

did you block Cookies?

DasVogt
    did you block Cookies?

No.
  • Weetzie about 1 year ago

Eponymous
    Is it normal for the app to ask me to log in nearly every time I use it? I seem to have to log in a LOT.

The app is definitely not supposed to be behaving like that, but we've received a few other similar reports. We'll try to dig into this issue and release a fix soon.
    A few iOS app users reported that if they deleted and reinstalled the app on their phone, that the logout issue goes away. That might be worth a try?
    We'll try to track down the underlying issue too!

Weetzie
    A few iOS app users reported that if they deleted and reinstalled the app on their phone, that the logout issue goes away.

FYI: this hasn't worked for me.
  • Sellofff 8 months ago

downloaded app & installed on iPhone with 11.4.1 OS. It wouldn't take my password multi times and then froze acct for 10 min due to so many logins. Now 1/2 hr later I still am not allowed to try & log in. tried shutting down - no change. tried deleting app & reinstalling - no change.
  • Weetzie 8 months ago

Hi Sellofff!

Sorry to hear this! If you grab the app update here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1036449551?mt=8

Can you then login? Let me know if you are still locked out! Thanks!
  • Sellofff 8 months ago

updated from your link and tried again.
    It still wont let me log in

ds
  • Weetzie 8 months ago

Sellofff
    updated from your link and tried again.
    It still wont let me log in

Sorry to hear this!
    There are only two ways the Discogs iOS app might block you from logging in:

1. Occasionally the OAuth process will run into errors if your time/date is set incorrectly on your device. Setting to network provided time is the best way to ensure this isn't a problem.
    2. Either you are entering your password or username with a typo. Remeber that passwords are case-sensitive. If needed you can reset your password: https://www.discogs.com/users/forgot_password
  • tony666666 7 months ago

Hello,
    Same problem here. I wasn't able to log in multiple times yesterday after deleting and reinstalling the app...And I finally could get in this morning but I don't know why it worked this time...Maybe because I was logged in via Safari at the same time?
    My time/date setting is on network provided time and I'm 100% sure my password was correctly entered...
  • courtneylesueur 6 months ago

Just downloaded the app and when I click log-in I am directed to a screen that says "login temporarily disabled - for your account security, account login has been temporarily blocked due to too many failed login attempts. Please try again in 10 minutes". When I go to try again, the same thing happens. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and I updated my phone. Nothing changed!
  • Clogwhistle 6 months ago

A couple of days ago I couldn't log in off my PC though I was convinced I was entering the password correctly. The point I would like to raise is that the cooling off period of "10 minutes" should be re-written as half an hour or an hour. Or does making an attempt to login after 9 minutes reset the timer?
  • Eponymous 5 months ago

FWIW, I have ceased to have issues when logging in with the app with the updated version.