• soniceuphemisms over 3 years ago

How do I prevent anything I do in Discogs from opening the app?
    I would rather use the website for many things.
  • AndreasD over 3 years ago

Hi, are you using the iOS or Android app?
  • cfsmith0529 over 3 years ago

I'm using android. Same problem.
  • AndreasD over 3 years ago

Sorry for the late reply! If you go into the system settings for the app you should be able to remove those app links. It depends on the phone, but here's how it looks for me: https://imgur.com/a/Gv39O3z
  • iggy over 2 years ago

For anyone using the Android app, you can disable Discogs links opening the app in Settings > Apps & notifications > Discogs > Open by default > Open supported links > Don't open in this app
  • benson44 over 2 years ago

Thanks iggy for the suggestion. I will do that.
  • frankborg over 2 years ago

Same problem with me in android
  • subzzee about 1 year ago

Hi, I am on iOS and this is so annoying. I also prefer using the webbrowser, how can this be switched off? Thank you in advance.
  • GiveItAName about 1 year ago

Same here. It’s very annoying. Does somebody have a solution for iOS?

subzzee
    Hi, I am on iOS and this is so annoying. I also prefer using the webbrowser, how can this be switched off? Thank you in advance.
  • GeoffTrowbridge about 1 year ago

The best workaround in iOS is to hold your finger down on the link you want to open. That should pop up a menu which gives you the option to open in Safari or in the Discogs app.
  • Off_The_SheIf about 1 year ago

It’s not just when opening links, it’s when I open safari if I was on the Discogs page before. The app just opens and you have to go back in the top left to safari about 4-5 times as it keeps automatically pushing the app every time you try to go back to safari. It seems to give up trying after a while but then again at random times it will attempt to open the app again. I’m deleting the app until it’s fixed.
  • mfgeorge about 1 year ago

Same thing above with iOS happening with me. I’m considering deleting the app as well, even though I like the randomized function a lot.
  • colombo13 about 1 year ago

colombo13 edited about 1 year ago
    192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf
  • Kosycat about 1 year ago

I don't want it to open in safari either, just in chrome like I intended. Soo freaking annoying. For a 10 percent seller fee. Discogs should be more on top of their glitchiness of their site
  • stu-mill 11 months ago

Same for me and it’s too annoying, I’ve had to uninstall the Discogs app. Sort it out Discogs!!
  • _OcieLian_ 11 months ago

HI there, sorry for the troubled experience when using links on your device and these open on the App.

stu-mill
    Same for me and it’s too annoying, I’ve had to uninstall the Discogs app. Sort it out Discogs!!

What type of links open on the App? could you please give us an example of which links open on the App? A screenshot or screenrecording of the process would help a lot, you can send this to [email protected] Database, submission and seller links should not be opening on the App. Please let us know which links do open on the App so we can research how to better fix this on the iOS App.

Kosycat
    I don't want it to open in safari either, just in chrome like I intended. Soo freaking annoying. For a 10 percent seller fee. Discogs should be more on top of their glitchiness of their site

The iOS App is meant to be for collecting, cataloging and buying, not seller links should open on the App. If you rather have the links opening on Chrome than Safari, you should configure so on your device.
    If the problem is that links open on the App, could you please give us an example of which links open on the App? A screenshot or screenrecording of the process would help a lot, you can send this to [email protected]

colombo13
    192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

On your Android device settings you can select links not to be open on the App
    Settings > Apps > Discogs > Set as default > Select your preference here on how you rather have the URLs open

GeoffTrowbridge
    The best workaround in iOS is to hold your finger down on the link you want to open. That should pop up a menu which gives you the option to open in Safari or in the Discogs app.

This is indeed the best work around to view links that are supported in the App to open in the browser.
  • bald_head_slick 9 months ago

I found the easiest way was to just uninstall the app. Happy days
  • DJ_Sebster 8 months ago

Yeah it’s been annoying me for months now that the discog website automatically tries to open the app. The website is far superior to the app and it’s easier to buy and listen to the YouTube links. I’m going to have to delete the app unfortunately. The only good thing about the App is the collection page. It’s very easy to browse. The rest of the app is pointless and doesn’t do a better job than the website.
  • Imaxandco 8 months ago

Imaxandco edited 8 months ago
    Same here. Everytime I end up deleting the app because it is pointless and discogs developers do not do anything about this. This is really awfully painful that everything you open on the site redirect to the app especially when you are trying to contribute to the database.

Discogs do something please, everybody is telling you this is an issue so please disable once and for all this stupid automatic web to app transfer and let us freely use the app when we need and the website when we want to.
  • english 3 months ago

_OcieLian_
    What type of links open on the App? could you please give us an example of which links open on the App?

On my Iphone I open Chrome (used by many as a default browser) and start typing a search query (triggers Google search) Artist Title discogs, first result usually is a discogs page for the release. I click the "discogs" link in google search results page and then Iphone switches me from Chrome to Discogs app, then switches again from the APP to Safari (not default browser) then Discogs page opens but it's not a default browser and usually there is a cookie consent, you're not logged in, etc., so it all takes time when you really want to quickly check something.