• Carlkutta about 1 year ago

I've noticed a new feature that when another user creates a list, you can now add it as a favorite. Is there a way to view all the lists you've added as a favorite? I can't find a way to view them all.
  • Staff 3.4k

nik about 1 year ago

Hey Carlkutta. Well spotted! We worked on lists for the past couple of months, adding the list browser page https://www.discogs.com/lists amongst other things. This 'favorite' feature was the last thing we could get to in our planned timeframe, and we wanted to get it out, even with minimal functionality, rather than leaving half finished code waiting about.

As it stands, there isn't a way to view your favorited lists, but we hope to surface them for you in the not too distant future! So keep favoriting!
  • Carlkutta about 1 year ago

thanks nik, will be a great addition when activated!
  • tele52 about 1 year ago

tele52 edited about 1 year ago
    nik
    As it stands, there isn't a way to view your favorited lists, but we hope to surface them for you in the not too distant future! So keep favoriting!

Great!! Finally I will removed from my dashboard (limited lists displayed).

Please, keep "Want to see other lists from the Discogs Community? Check out Recent Lists." note on the top list section forever, it is very useful.

Please, when you finish the planned timeframe, make a blog post to explain all features ;-)
  • soulchap about 1 year ago

Hey nik,
    Thanks for commenting.
    Is there any chance that:
    1. Lists could be automatically sorted, alphabetized, etc.?
    2. Submissions could be tagged, so that, in this way, everyone can contribute to a "virtual list"?
    Thanks

^^ that would be great features indeed
  • amoebasinger about 1 year ago

A lot of interesting things could be done with the Lists feature. Right now, it's not so much a list as a pile. I don't mean that entirely pejoratively. But there are users with a list of several thousand items. You access it at the entry point of a particular release, and there is no way in heaven to find that release in their list. A little frustrating and strange, especially when the user is putting comments on each item. You'll never find it...

J
  • twillard39 about 1 year ago

Hi, can we still not view favorite lists?
  • 95selector0N about 1 year ago

[quote=twillard39][/quote]

Please staff, add any new feature to the List section!
    - Display the favorites marked
    - Short items on a list by alphabet
    Sure if you pay attention to Lists many Rateyourmusic users migrate to discogs ;-)
  • ivadzy about 1 year ago

BUMP. Please add this feature. It's confusing that I can add a list to favs but can't find it later.
  • mattcooper12345 12 months ago

bump. please!
  • konstantinov 10 months ago

Bumpity bump bump. Very frustrating to have 'favorited' a bunch of lists only to now discover that there is no way to actually *view* those lists.
  • YamaLlama 9 months ago

BUH DUH BUMP BUH DUH BUMP BUH DUH BUMP!
  • tele52 9 months ago

Hopefully staff will focus on discogs new features since the other sister sites like Bookgs, Filmogs, Gearogs, etc will close on 31 August. All the money became from marketplace indeed....maybe some thousands dollars for discogs desktop development???
  • workers_in_song 8 months ago

Bump! I want to be able to see what lists I've favorited.
  • DiNer0 7 months ago

+1 for fixing this, I also want to see my favorites
  • tele52 7 months ago

nik
    This 'favorite' feature was the last thing we could get to in our planned timeframe, and we wanted to get it out, even with minimal functionality, rather than leaving half finished code waiting about.

Any chance to see the complete project finished?
  • ArthurSabbe 7 months ago

bumpbumpbump
  • houseofdog 6 months ago

still no sign of favourites?? Please hurry with this it's frustrating
  • Dgerecords 6 months ago

bumping this!
  • AKAAV 6 months ago

Why can I favourite a list... and then not view my favourites? What's the point in this feature? - cheers!
  • tele52 6 months ago

AKAAV
    Why can I favourite a list... and then not view my favourites? What's the point in this feature? - cheers!

No answer by staff, not full developed....
  • needForspeed21 3 months ago

Are we still unable to view our favorite lists?
  • jsmith7389 2 months ago

Why did I just click "favorite" on a list only to not be able to find it and now find myself on the boards being told that clicking "favorite" effectively does nothing?

A year and no progress? A YEAR? This is shameful.
  • AKAAV 2 months ago

This makes absolutely 0 sense. I just want to access lists I have favourited.

Why allow favourites if you then can’t view them? Super simple & obvious low-hanging fruit for a website in 2021, what are Discogs doing? Baffling.
  • musikat about 1 month ago

Just adding my voice. This should be a pretty simple addition, and tops my list of priorities for the site.
  • kingfossil 23 days ago

Humbly asking to finally add the ability to view the favorited lists. That would be awesome.
  • tele52 21 days ago

^^ agree
    Please staff, any kind of info welcome...
  • MF_Miracle 20 days ago

Hi developers, please add this feature, it would solve world hunger.