• Staff 3.4k

nik 10 months ago

nik edited 10 months ago
    Hi folks,

We have decided to move the discussion forum for https://vinylhub.discogs.com/ from it's separate forum on that site, to this one here. The traffic there is fairly small, and we feel it will be easier to manage here.

You are welcome to reply in this thread, ask questions etc. You can also start a new thread in this Database forum. Make sure to prefix the title with "Vinylhub" please.

Depending on how things go, we may start a Vinylhub subforum at some point in the future.

Thanks!
  • myvinyl777 9 months ago

myvinyl777 edited 9 months ago
    Is vinyl hub an active website or has it gone the way of normal discogs and died a death? i am unable to make any submissions as the form is not working - it will not allow you to put any characters into the address field, no matter what you type it wil erase it and highlight the field red suggesting it must be completed - but you cannot, very frustrating, we are a new store and would like to be added onto the database, because i couldn't enter anything in that box, it means all the work i did in entering our details, opening times, what we sell etc.... is lost, you cannot save it !
    taking a look at forum posts, it seems the problem is common and has not been solved -
    any advice? many thanks in advance

does anyone have a information regarding vinyl hub, is the website dead?
    currently unusable which suggests its no longer supported ?
    am i wasting my time trying to get a dead website to work?
  • unknown.face 9 months ago

@ myvinyl777

As nik suggested,
    You can start a new thread in this Database forum. Make sure to prefix the title with "Vinylhub" please.

, so no one is reading the forums either? there are 2 new threads that start with vinyl hub - started 4 days ago, along with a support request - and in every case, no replies -
    apart from mr face - thanks - you just repeated the original post.....
    hmmmm

I started a support request - it was closed with no reply
    but they did leave a link to a page that doesnt exist (reports page is missing)
    so i started another request and again, no reply and some info telling me my requests have been moved to a page - give me a link - link is broken - doesnt go anywhere but an error page
    so to summarise, i have a a suspected broken page on vinyl hub, i asked for help , on both occqsions i was ignored and given links to a page that doesnt exist -
    ive opened the support request again in the hope that someone may be able to advise
    if they cannot help- why not just say so ?
  • MartindellaCava 8 months ago

Hello, I am going to try to upload all the record stores in my city, I hope that tourists who come to Rosario and are collectors can have a reference to local record stores and get material to have a wider collection
  • uncletoma 7 months ago

How to remove closed shops?
  • andrenafulva 7 months ago

uncletoma
    How to remove closed shops?

Click on Edit this Shop. On the edit form, under the opening days and above the links section, is a box marked 'Closed' – This shop is permanently closed and no longer selling vinyl. Tick that, pop some evidence in the submission notes field and it'll be processed.
  • uncletoma 7 months ago

andrenafulva
    uncletomaHow to remove closed shops?
    Click on Edit this Shop. On the edit form, under the opening days and above the links section, is a box marked 'Closed' – This shop is permanently closed and no longer selling vinyl. Tick that, pop some evidence in the submission notes field and it'll be processed.

thanks a lot :)
  • uncletoma 7 months ago

andrenafulva

I don't find it :(
    https://ibb.co/4m1d4SN
  • andrenafulva 7 months ago

uncletoma
    I don't find it :(

Step 1: Click on Edit this Shop.

Step 2 (after you have clicked Edit this Stop to get to the edit form): On the edit form, under the opening days and above the links section, is a box marked 'Closed' – This shop is permanently closed and no longer selling vinyl. Tick that, pop some evidence in the submission notes field and it'll be processed.
  • uncletoma 7 months ago

Ok, thanks a lot, now i see it :)
  • hoehnefr 6 months ago

Hi, with vinyl hub I'd like to create a city walk to visit the nearest shops one after the other. It is very complicated to mark shops that I want to visit and to get a route created. Make this easier
  • hoehnefr 6 months ago

It is impossible to list the shops of a special area or town. You can only list British shops ( example). Make this easier. Suggestion: Copy those selection to Google and Google will create a route.
  • artgravity 4 months ago

• reesmane1980 4 months ago

How do you find individual sellers on Discogs? I know people post their collection to sell. How do you find them? The site isn’t very user friendly in that regard
  • Violent-Power 3 months ago

Is there a way to get rid of duplicate shops?
  • bobkacerow about 1 month ago

Shady seller alert! Be aware of SwietySpokoj20 from Poland. Purchased a CD that was shipped missing the CD inside the case. Seller won't respond.
  • andrenafulva about 1 month ago

bobkacerow
    Shady seller alert! Be aware of ...

Please, no naming and shaming in the forum – it's against the code of conduct.

If you've had a problem, file a support request and ask the staff to look in to it: https://support.discogs.com/hc/requests/new