- Baritone Saxophone – Leo Parker (tracks: A1:A5)
- Bass – Clyde Lombardi (tracks: B5:B7), Oscar Pettiford (tracks: A1:A5), Tommy Potter (tracks: A6:A8, B1:B4)
- Drums – Art Blakey (tracks: B5:B7), Jack Parker (tracks: A1:A5), Roy Haynes (tracks: A6:A8, B1:B4)
- Piano – Al Haig (tracks: A1:A8, B1:B4), Harry Biss (tracks: B5:B7)
- Tenor Saxophone – Zoot Sims (tracks: B5:B7)
The Leo Parker Quartet tracks (A1 to A5) were recorded on July 20, 1950 and were all previously unissued.
The Al Haig Trio tracks (A6 to A8, B1 to B4) were recorded on February 27, 1950.
Track A6 contains two false starts of 'Lisa' plus an unissued version of the same track plus three false starts of 'Opus Caprice' and an unissued version of that track.
Tracks A7 and A8 were previously unissued.
Track B3 contains two false starts plus a full version of 'Stairway to the Stars'
The Zoot Sims Quartet tracks (B5 to B7) were recorded on 14 August 1951.
They were all previously unissued.
These are the track listings as per the record sleeve.
The record label splits the tracks up in a slightly different way- the full take of 'Opus Caprice' on A6 is treated as a track in its' own right, as is the full take of 'Stairway to the Stars' on B3.
Record review can be found at: http://www.allmusic.com/album/mad-lad-returns-mw0000957750