Swans – White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity / Love Of Life
CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered
CD, Compilation, Remastered
All Media, Compilation
|White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity|
|1-1||Better Than You||5:51|
|1-2||Power And Sacrifice||5:36|
|1-3||You Know Nothing||5:46|
|1-4||Song For Dead Time||4:58|
|1-5||Will We Survive?||5:59|
|1-6||Love Will Save You||6:06|
|1-8||Song For The Sun||5:03|
|1-9||Miracle Of Love||6:43|
|1-11||When She Breathes||4:31|
|1-12||Why Are We Alive?||6:00|
|1-13||The Most Unfortunate Lie||5:02|
|Love Of Life|
|2-1||(---) Pt. 1||0:16|
|2-2||Love Of Life||3:41|
|2-3||The Golden Boy That Was Swallowed By The Sea||4:31|
|2-4||(---) Pt. 2||0:37|
|2-5||(---) Pt. 3||2:06|
|2-6||The Other Side Of The World||4:39|
|2-8||The Sound Of Freedom||4:34|
|2-9||(---) Pt. 4||0:34|
|2-12||(---) Pt. 5||1:02|
|2-13||Eyes Of Nature||4:41|
|2-14||She Cries (For Spider)||4:57|
|2-15||God Loves America||3:43|
|2-16||(---) Pt. 6||1:19|
|2-17||No Cure For The Lonely||2:56|
|3-2||Song For Dead Time (Mg Version)||4:34|
|3-3||You Know Everything||4:25|
|3-5||The Child’s Right||3:36|
|3-6||Love Of Life (Short)||3:19|
|3-7||Unfortunate Lie (Inst. Version)||2:17|
|3-8||No Cruel Angel||4:28|
|3-9||Black Eyed Dog||3:48|
|3-10||Love Of Life (Long)||6:07|
|3-11||Picture Of Maryanne||4:21|
|3-14||Please Remember Me||4:37|
|3-15||Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes||1:17|
|3-17||Blood On Your Hands||3:11|
|3-18||A Young Girl Needs||2:34|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Young God Records
- Copyright (c) – Young God Records
- Copyright (c) – Michael Gira
- Published By – Young God Publishing
- Recorded At – Baby Monster Studios
- Remixed At – Power Play Studios
- Recorded At – BC Studio
- Mixed At – BC Studio
- Recorded At – Triclops Recording
- Recorded At – Plastikville Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Published By – Mute Song Publishing
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Clinton Steele (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13, 2-1 to 2-17), Christoph Hahn* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Baglama [Bagama], Bouzouki [Bazouki], Banjo – Nicky Skopelitis (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Bass Guitar – Algis Kizys* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17), Jenny Wade (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13, 2-1 to 2-17), Troy Gregory (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar [Electric Guitars] – Larry Seven* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Drums – Ted Parsons (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17), Vincent Signorelli* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Drums, Drum Programming – Anton Fier (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Electric Guitar – Norman Westberg (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Engineer – Mark Richardson (2) (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Mandolin, Guitar [12-Sting Guitar] – Steve Burgh (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Music By – Jarboe (tracks: 2-6)
- Narrator [Narration] – Adam Jankowski (tracks: 2-11)
- Percussion – Vincent Signorelli* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Producer – M. Gira* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13, 2-1 to 2-17)
- Programmed By [Additional Programming], Co-producer [Co-Production] – Jim Thirlwell* (tracks: 1-2)
- Recorded By, Engineer – Bryce Goggin (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Recorded By, Engineer, Programmed By [Additional Programming] – Steve McAllister (tracks: 1-1, 1-3 to 1-13)
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Engineer, Programmed By [Additional Programming] – Martin Bisi (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Remix [Additional Policing Of The Remixes] – Jim Thirlwell* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Remix, Engineer – Brian Martin (2) (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Remix, Engineer [Assistant] – Alex Armitage (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Violin – Hahn Rowe (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Voice, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar [Acoustic And Electric Guitars], Sounds, Performer [Samples], Arranged By [Arrangements] – Michael R. Gira* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Voice, Acoustic Guitar, Sounds, Performer [Samples], Keyboards, Arranged By [Arrangements] – Michael R. Gira* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Voice, Keyboards, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals], Arranged By [Choral Orchestral Arrangements] – Jarboe (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13)
- Voice, Keyboards, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals], Mellotron, Arranged By [Arrangements] – Jarboe (tracks: 2-1 to 2-17)
- Words By, Music By – Jarboe (tracks: 2-14)
- Words By, Music By [All Words And Music By] – M. Gira* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13, 2-1 to 2-13, 2-15 to 2-17)
"This music was recorded September 1990 through February 1991.
Recorded at B. Monster Studios, N.Y.C. by the engineers [...] and [...].
Re-mixed at Powerplay studios, Long Island City.
All songs © M. Gira/Young God Publishing (ASCAP) 1991.
Thanks, in no order:
Rob Collins, Daniel Gira, Peter Mason, Catherine and Nicholas Ceresole, Karin Aderhold, Michelle
Brouillet, Susan Casey, Tim Gass, Fabio Roberti, Derek Thomas, Gerald Helm, Katherine Waddell,
Mary Ellen, Josh Seaver, Alan Cadenhead, Larry Pugliesi, Mssrs. Robert P. Gira and Barnard F. Gira,
Jim Thirlwell, Kim White, Craig Brooks, Hilly Chrystal, Lach Buchanan, Wim van der Hulst, the Quentin
Hotel-Amsterdam, Gordon Sharp, Steve McAllister, Jeff Muncey, Mr and Mrs Hahn, Dusenklang, J.D.
Wilbourn, John Sarfell.
Note: Some tracks are the "Various Failure " mix length version and not the original release mix length, these are "Song for Dead Time", "Will We Survive", and "Why Are We Alive?". "Blind" is a bonus track that was recorded at the same time and originally appeared on "Drainland", and later "Various Failures".
This music was recorded October through December 1991.
Tracks 3-1, 3-2, 3-6, 3-10 & 3-11 originally appeared on Love Of Life / Amnesia EP.
Tracks 3-5, 3-9, 3-13, 3-14 & 3-15 originally appeared on The World Of Skin* - Ten Songs For Another World album.
Tracks 3-4 & 3-12 originally appeared on Omniscience.
Tracks 3-17 & 3-18 originally appeared on Anonymous Bodies In An Empty Room.
Track 3-16 random live recording.
Tracks 3-3 & 3-7 originally reconfigured for Various Failures 1988-1992.
Track 3-8 demo.
Track durations do not appear on the release.
Code barre et autres identifiants
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): YGD492-1 6745-CD-0603 15-312-18
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI LK13
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): YGD492-2 6745-CD-0604 15-312-18
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI LK13
- Matrix / Runout (CD3): YGD492-3 6745-CD-0605 15-313-22-2
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY89
Autres versions (3 de 3) Voir tous
|BXSTUMM 377, BXSTUMM377||Swans||White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity / Love Of Life (2xLP, Album, RM + LP, Album, RM + CD, Comp + Box, )||Mute, Mute||BXSTUMM 377, BXSTUMM377||UK||2015||Vendre cette version|
|YG52||Swans||White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity / Love Of Life (Box, Comp, Dlx, Ltd + 2xLP, Album, RM + LP, Album,)||Young God Records||YG52||US||2015||Vendre cette version|
|CDSTUMM377 , YG49||Swans||White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity / Love Of Life (Comp, Dlx, RM + CD, Album, RE + CD, Album, RE + CD)||Mute, Young God Records||CDSTUMM377 , YG49||UK & Europe||2015||Vendre cette version|