Tracklist Masquer Crédits
Pretty In Pink
Bass – Danica O'BrienDrums – Amy WoodGuitar – Lily Marlene (2)Producer – Chad Bamford, Krish SharmaSaxophone, Piano – Anika StephenVocals – Paloma ParfreyWritten-By – Duncan Kilburn, John Ashton, Richard Butler, Roger Morris, Tim Butler, Vince Ely
Don't You (Forget About Me)
Bass – Zach Philips*Drums – Adam Philips*Keyboards – Heidi Blowbaum*Producer – The GadjitsVocals, Guitar – Brandon Philips*Written-By – Keith Forsey, Steve Schiff
A Million Miles Away
Bass – Mario ReirizDrums – Sam HoldenProducer – Andy BoppVocals, Guitar – Eric Penna*Written-By – Chris Fradkin, Joey Alkes, Peter Case
Bass, Vocals – Sam FarrarDrums – Jason SchwartzmanGuitar – Darren Robinson (2)Guitar, Vocals – Jacques BrautbarLead Vocals, Guitar – Alex GreenwaldProducer – Phantom Planet, Tom WeirWritten-By – Danny Kortchmar, Jackson Browne
|5||–Ben Lee And Spitoon||
If You Were Here
Backing Vocals – Doug SorgeBass – Gary HumforstinDrums – Boogie (9)Guitar [Lap Steel], Banjo – Dwayne ChairsHarmonica, Backing Vocals – Dwight KnightProducer – Dan Pinnella*, Jamie FraserVocals, Guitar – Ben LeeWritten-By – Alannah Currie, Joe Leeway, Tom Bailey
Bring On The Dancing Horses
Bass, Vocals – Tom GoldsmithDrums, Percussion – Neil WeisbergerKeyboards – Iwan DaviesLead Vocals, Guitar – David Burn (2)Producer – Joe FosterWritten-By – Ian McCulloch, Leslie Pattinson*, Peter De Freitas*, William Sergeant*
Producer – Daniel PembertonWritten-By – Boris Blank, Dieter Meier
You Might Think
Bass – Adam HarmsteadDrums – Ilan RubinGuitar – Aaron Rubin, Chris McGraw (2)Keyboards – Alvin ExeveaProducer – F.O.N. (3)Vocals – Josh Dodson, Yigal AdatoWritten-By – Ric Ocasek
I Melt With You
Bass – Yukiko*Drums, Keyboards [Keyboard], Vocals – Oakley*Lead Vocals, Guitar – Juliet*Producer – Jim Waters, The RondellesVocals – Isaac*Written-By – Modern English
|10||–The Stinky Puffs||
In Your Eyes
Producer – Eric Drew FeldmanVocals [All Vocals], Instruments – Simon Fair TimonyWritten-By – Peter Gabriel
If You Leave
Bass, Vocals – Adam Anderson (3)Drums – Nathan MaricleProducer – J.J. BlairVocals, Guitar – Jacob Arnold, Travis FergusonWritten-By – Andrew McCluskey*, Martin Cooper (2), Paul Humphreys
|12||–The English League*||
Bass – Miguel SawayaGuitar – Blaise MoriartyProducer [Beat Produced By] – Jericho J (J. Temkin)*, Lifestyle (P. Lozano)*Scratches [Scratching] – Kut Masta KurtVocals, Lyrics By [Additional Lyrics] – Ludchris (C. Chambers)*, Matre (M. Sawaya)*Written-By – Danny Elfman
Raised On The Radio
Bass – Shawn DaileyDrums – Eli GoldsmithGuitar – Justin Smith (9)Producer – Angus CookeVocals, Guitar – Dave Sprecher*Written-By – Rob Fahey
Johnny, Are You Queer?
Backing Vocals – LolitaDrums, Backing Vocals – Layla LaducciGuitar, Backing Vocals – Adam KillerProducer – Jim WatersVocals, Bass – Johnny VailWritten-By – Bobby Paine, Larson Paine
Bass, Backing Vocals – Donna F.Drums, Backing Vocals – Donna C.Guitar, Backing Vocals – Donna R.Producer – The Donnas, Tom*Vocals – Donna A.Written-By – Alice Cooper (2), Dennis Dunaway, Glen Buxton, Michael Bruce, Neal Smith
- Art Direction – Rachel Gutek
- Concept By – Andy Wombwell, Craig DeGraff (2)
- Consultant [Project Consultant] – Alex Hinton, Seth Bogart
- Design [Original Cover Design] – Jaime Hernandez
- Executive-Producer – Andy Wombwell, Eric Kayser
- Legal [Legalese] – David McIntosh (4)
- Mastered By [Mastering] – Bill Inglot
- Producer – The Cheap Date Team
- Supervised By [Editorial Supervision] – Julee Stover
2. Original version appeared in The Breakfast Club. Originally recorded by Simple Minds.
3. Original version appeared in Valley Girl. Originally recorded by The Plimsouls.
4. Original version appeared in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Originally recorded by Jackson Browne.
5. Original version appeared in Sixteen Candles. Originally recorded by Thompson Twins.
6. Original version appeared in Pretty In Pink. Originally recorded by Echo & The Bunnymen.
7. Original version appeared in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Originally recorded by Yello.
8. Original version appeared in The Sure Thing. Originally recorded by The Cars.
9. Original version appeared in Valley Girl. Originally recorded by Modern English.
10. Original version appeared in Say Anything ... Originally recorded by Peter Gabriel.
11. Original version appeared in Pretty In Pink. Originally recorded by Orchestral Manouevres In The Dark.
12. Original version appeared in Weird Science. Originally recorded by Oingo Boingo.
13. Original version appeared in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Originally recorded by The Ravyns.
14. Original version appeared in Valley Girl. Originally recorded by Josie Cotton.
15. Original version appeared in Rock 'N' Roll High School. Originally recorded by Alice Cooper.
"Hey, kids, stopping the world may sound like a great
romantic idea when listening to 'I Melt With You,' but wait! What our
English friends simply have in mind is loss of gravitational equilibrium between
the earth and the sun. This is going to cause the earth to burn in a hellish firestorm.
You should know better." - The Rondelles
"I love the way 'Oh Yeah' is so in your face - it always reminded me of beered-up frat boys in bad
Hawaiian shirts. I decided against doing anything particularly abstract or 'intelligent' and instead plump for
something a bit more lowest-common-denominator to retain this flavor. Incidentally, it was recorded in my
bedroom on exactly the same make of sampler (an Emulator) that Ferris has in his bedroom. I guess I wish I could
be like Ferris, but I've a nasty feeling I'm probably more like his dorky friend." - Crazy Glue
"I remember Say Anything ... star John Cusack visiting Nirvana backstage the night I got to play on their encore. He kept
staring at my beautiful mother." - Simon Stinky Puff
"We saw Valley Girl once, but we passed out before 'Johnny, Are You Queer?' even played." - The Knock-Ups
"Fuck Blane! Love the Duck Man." - The Grown-Ups
"We can't even think of a word that rhymes" - The Donnas
"This song is chemical, emotional. Our inner urge. Primal and electrical. With four hands gripping metal utensils, creating our ultimate
dream woman. Weird Science." - The English League
"'A Million Miles Away' is one of those songs we grew up with. But you know, we always felt it never quite rocked hard
enough." - Dyslexic Crush
"Molly Ringwald turned a wonderfully metallic teen age turquoise, and a million outlaws shrieked, ran for the hills,
awaiting another bloody hollywood punk rock judgement day. John Hughes destroyed the cinema experience for an
entire generation, and we thanked him. If nostalgia is implied, then the point is moot. Stranger things have occurred
than the building of your own useless youth. I liked 'If You Were Here' when I heard it." - Ben Lee
"'You Might Think'" was a favorite of ours when we were younger, and we still remember watching the
classic 'fly' video." - F.O.N.
"We recorded 'Somebody's Baby' in the same building where they shoot pornos. We
were sitting in the hallway, and out of nowhere Ron Jeremy appears wearing a
leather bondage mask, a tiny black Speedo, black little elf booties, and this
crazy black leather cape. He just looked at us and said, 'Don't you
boys laugh.'" - Phantom Planet
Danke Schön: Shawn Amos, James Austin,
Jamie Becker, Gregg Bell, Camille Bonnell Robbins,
Alexis Brazel, Shannon Brown, Natalie Carlson, Chase,
Mike Cohen, Jamie Cooley, Corbin Dooley, Eric Eble, Dan Field,
Richard Foos, Joe Foster, Ronda Geilman, Cathie Glassby,
Jim Hart, Tommy Henriksen, Mark Kates, Dick Koopmans,
John Lay, Randy Leasure, Jessica Linsky, Patrick Milligan,
Momo, Jim Neill, Molly Neuman, Oakley, Brett O'Brien,
Christine Ostrander, Steve Pavlovic, Belinda Peru, Jeff Pilson,
Karen Reitzel, Nate Rubin, Jerry Rubino, Deanne Saffren,
Bill Smith, Sheenah Spece, Peter Sprecher, Neil Strauss,
Thane Tierney, Vicki Tischler-Blue, Ken Waagner, Linc Wheeler
John Hughes was in no way involved, nor did he approve of or
participate in this project.
The Gadjits appear courtesy of Hellcat/Epitaph Records. • Phantom
Planet appears courtesy of Geffen Records. • Ben Lee appears courtesy
of Grand Royal Records. • The Stinky Puffs appear courtesy of T.E.C.
Tones/Elemental Records. • Marigold appears courtesy of Outpost
Records. • The Donnas appear courtesy of Lookout! Records.
This Compilation ℗ & © 1998 Cheap Date
Records, Inc., 10635 Santa Monica Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90025-4900.
Printed in U.S.A.
Code-Barres et Autres Identifiants
- Barcode (Text): 0 8122-75551-2 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 081227555122
- Matrix / Runout: WEA mfg. OLYPHANT Y5577 3 R2 75551-2 03 M1S1
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L903
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U3N